Ownership Verified: I made "Someone Else's Problem" my own - 2006 VW Eos

That's not even too far off FR-I 5833 aka Frisbee. I am disappoint :p But at least finding that plate caused me to finally build hack together that "search German plate combinations that are actual words in l33t" website prototype, so that's something.
Oh right, I said I'd build that too... but didn't :lmao:

It is home!

And I've already had my fun with figuring things out.. Or the lack thereof ?. Kelly took some video, as did I later, I might throw it all together and upload it. Until then,.. Have 2 shitty pictures ?. It at the sellers shop, and then back home where it for now kicked the M5 out of the carport ??

Attachments

• IMG_20210420_154624.jpg
    IMG_20210420_154624.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20210420_181722.jpg
    IMG_20210420_181722.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 72
It is home!

And I've already had my fun with figuring things out.. Or the lack thereof ?. Kelly took some video, as did I later, I might throw it all together and upload it. Until then,.. Have 2 shitty pictures ?. It at the sellers shop, and then back home where it for now kicked the M5 out of the carport ??

VCDS would be first on my shopping list if I bought a VAG car with the intention to tinker with it. On the Skoda, I had someone turn the auto rear wiper off for me. He also reprogrammed the Leaving Home lights to the fog lights rather than the xenons to save on the bulbs a bit, and enabled the cornering fogs which was an optional extra when the car was new. I also saw an option to enable the dual-mode tailgate that the mk2 Superb sedan has, but I don't think my Octavia would've grown a new tailgate just because I checked a checkbox. I left that option well alone.

That was brilliant, I'm loving this saga already. For once it isn't my mistake. :LOL:

?

giphy.gif

Admit it, you didn't want a car, you just needed one of these "new hobbies in the pandemic"... ;)

But seriously, best of luck with that car. I'm looking forward to seeing it at Ringmeet..... next year probably. :LOL:

Admit it, you didn't want a car, you just needed one of these "new hobbies in the pandemic"... ;)
Other people just take up baking or something... not this guy! :D

regarding vcds: all of my yes. friend of mine had some illegitimate something or other and started unlocking software locked crap on his car - i always expected him to some day show up without the car because he'd bricked it with incompatible combinations of crazy, but it always worked out fine for him. no idea why, usually not the sort to be sensible with these sort of tools...

also: put your vlog on watch later. you know the real youtube money only starts flowing if you make it a daily or at least weekly thing, right? :p

Thanks for the positive feedback :).

Re VCDS: If it works out I'll have someone with VCDS who also has an Eos and some Audis come by on Sunday to run some tests and diagnostics. I'm looking forward to that!

Re Youtube: Well, I plan on keeping the series going for the Eos, it just needs to cooperate ;). But I can't even enable monetization anyway, and won't be able to anytime soon, since I'm nowhere near the 1000 subs and whatever the other requirement was.. ?

*Thinks of shirt designs*

I don't get much of a chance now but I might just design something for the sake of it.

*Thinks of shirt designs*

I don't get much of a chance now but I might just design something for the sake of it.
Even if it was just the Eos, white car, red roof with the roof misaligned would be ace. ?