Ringmeet 2021 - Aw Balls - making a detour! (August 12th-16th)

I am thinking about the antigen rapid tests.
Those are usefull to tell if you had it, not if you are at risk of giving it to others.
"If you had it" is anti_body_ tests.
Antigen rapid tests can tell if you have it right now and are infectious, though not quite as sensitive as the full-scale in-lab PCR tests that take hours. They're cheap (3-5€ to purchase for self-administering, or currently free once per day in .de administered by a testing site, pharmacy, etc.)

One more for the would like to attend. Thu-Sun and most likely hotel, since I need to fly in.

But if full vaccination is required for travel/flights, it's still a big question mark, as my second dose schedule is still around September.

But if full vaccination is required for travel/flights, it's still a big question mark, as my second dose schedule is still around September.
Requiring a vaccination for anything without alternatives is not going to happen. All the vaccination does is relieve you of the requirement for a negative PCR or Antigen test prior to departure.

I'll be in Croatia then, so I can fly over. I've been vaccinated.

"If you had it" is anti_body_ tests.
Antigen rapid tests can tell if you have it right now and are infectious, though not quite as sensitive as the full-scale in-lab PCR tests that take hours. They're cheap (3-5€ to purchase for self-administering, or currently free once per day in .de administered by a testing site, pharmacy, etc.)
DUH
I was thinking "antibody test" and wrote "antigen test".
*proceeds to burn Phd in Biology*

In that case, yes, I see how that is useful.

DUH
I was thinking "antibody test" and wrote "antigen test".
*proceeds to burn Phd in Biology*

In that case, yes, I see how that is useful.
They're currently the minimum certificate you need for flying into Germany: negative antigen test <48h old, negative PCR/LAMP/etc. lab-test <72h old, <6mon old positive PCR/etc test (= you've had covid within a "probably immune-ish" window), or full vaccination status... until end of June, but I don't see why it should be stricter afterwards.

I HAVE UNFINISHED BUSINESS WITH YOU, YUROPP. Most of it is cheese.

I have the vax, I have airline miles to burn...please? Pretty please? Anyway, I'm looking at it.

Trying to figure out if I want to get there early or just be around for the meet. Is there a roadtrip before or nah? (Guessing that's still kinda hard at the moment.)

Is this where Harry Potter would take place if it was set in Germany?
"Sausage Cauldron" sounds like the bad fanfic version involving, ahem........"wands."

Is there a roadtrip before or nah? (Guessing that's still kinda hard at the moment.)
Not as far as I know. - I'm going to hoon around in the French Alps and along the Cote d'Azur for a few days before the Ringmeet anyway.

Not as far as I know. - I'm going to hoon around in the French Alps and along the Cote d'Azur for a few days before the Ringmeet anyway.
Trying to figure out if I want to get there early or just be around for the meet. Is there a roadtrip before or nah? (Guessing that's still kinda hard at the moment.)
There are roadtrips... possibly a week of Black Forest before Ringmeet, maybe, nothing definitive planned yet.
I know I'll definitely be roadtripping before Ringmeet, maybe Alps too :dunno:

Oooooooooh. I didn't have quite as much fun Black Foresting last time and would be down for some of that.

I also keep thinking about pitching a "we missed Stelvio and I missed Fondue" run in whatever I could get as a drive for work, with the Big If of Americans being let over to do that. But that's wooooooooork (a thing I have again! and thank goodness, no more sad coco).

Too early to confirm attendance. With the move to Finland it might just not be logistically possible this year...

I keep looking at leaving 8/3 and coming back 8/17ish. Looks like I have the airline miles for it. Just need to get work to say sure and the border to open up to vaxxed 'mericans. Hopefully I can squeeze in unfinished business with Switzerland (cheese, maybe Stelvio, but mostly fondue and more cheese if we're honest) and maybe do some work? Heh.

Bonus points if anyone wants a couchsurfing puffalump. Also, I'd need to borrow a tent? Tent took up too much beer space.

Aussies aren't currently allowed to leave our penal colony.
They're talking about another 12 months locked in here because our vaccination program is so fucking slow (I can't even book my first shot yet), so even attending next year's ringmeet might be in doubt.

I just arrived in Europe from America , the only gotcha is that you will need to get tested before the flight out even if you are vaccinated.

I almost missed my flight because of the test.

I just arrived in Europe from America , the only gotcha is that you will need to get tested before the flight out even if you are vaccinated.

I almost missed my flight because of the test.
How long did it take?

i have the holiday booked, but i'd need to fly in and use a tent.
would be fully 5G enabled thou.

i have the holiday booked, but i'd need to fly in and use a tent.
would be fully 5G enabled thou.

With all these 5G boosters, will we finally have good cellular at the campsite?

^ I'm counting on it, as I will be still in analoge mode until September when my immunity expires...

I fully expect to be able to make a call directly from my butthole so I can finally live up to that whole "speaks directly out of her butt" thing. Any less than that and I'm going to be mad at Bill Gates or whoever.

How long did it take?
It took an hour, it wouldn’t have been so bad if I wasn’t informed one hour before the flight left and it wasn’t located before security.

just make sure you get the proper test for the EU.