American Muscle Concept Shootout

American Muscle Concept Shootout

• Total voters

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
Well, Overheat has been busy posting news, but it's time for some opinion. Here's a poll, which do you like better of the 2 retro muscle concepts from detroit, the Camaro or the Challenger? I have well documented my hate for all American automotive offerings, but these two are both effing beautiful. Almost to the point where i couldn't care how soft the suspension will be or how big the panel gaps will be.

So, it's time for a vote, Camaro or Challenger?

http://img469.imageshack.**/img469/6041/2060109014mini6l9bb.jpg
VS
http://img459.imageshack.**/img459/9935/2060109009mini3l8bl.jpg
For the record, i've voted camaro. I really thought the challenger was going to take the show, but that camaro is gorgeous. Somehow, i think the mustang had better enjoy it's sales success while it lasts, these boys will both see then end of that...

Where's the "No more Retro BS" option :)?

hmm, can't edit the poll. anyways, you really don't like these? The 60's and 70's were the peak of muscle car design, wiping the 80's which should be done (nothing good happened in the '80s) has brought the muscle car back, properly. picking up from the good times can only mean real progression now, not more shitty '80s mustangs and camaros...

well the challenger looks like the challenger, even if i think it looks tiny. so thats my vote

Aerodynamics is not the point of a muscle car...

flyingfridge said:
Aerodynamics is not the point of a muscle car...
muscle cars died a long time ago, these should be sports cars that look like muscle cars.

No the muscle car did not die long ago. The Mustang, GTO and Viper are still carrying that flame. These two are just taking the styling back to the emotive sharp edges, big waistlines and beauty that made the '60s and '70s the golden era the spawned the best American cars. The way a muscle car should be. The sports car is stronger than the muscle car now, true. I'm personally a much bigger fan of the sports car than the muscle car, but there is room in the world for both and the world is a better place to have both.

I'm a sucker for a badge. I'd therefor the Challanger.

But IMO, these cars look too goddamn small to be big, American muscle cars. I bet you they will cost a stupid amount of money aswell.

Not just cos I'm Aussie and I love Holdens/HSV's but a the Monaro is a proper muscle car I rekon. I'd get one of them over all of these realistically speaking.

Challenger, and wondering when they are going to re-do this:

plymouth-superbird-1970a.jpg

But both are equally boring.

flyingfridge said:
hmm, can't edit the poll. anyways, you really don't like these? The 60's and 70's were the peak of muscle car design, wiping the 80's which should be done (nothing good happened in the '80s) has brought the muscle car back, properly. picking up from the good times can only mean real progression now, not more shitty '80s mustangs and camaros...

I like/love classic cars. My hate grows deep when manufacturers bring them from the dead and try to make a buck out of them. Leave the classic designs in the past. I'd like to see a company "Innovate" a design. Oh wait, that's a big word for NA car manufacturers :lol:, although Ford is somewhat on the right track.

Mischief007 said:
flyingfridge said:

I like/love classic cars. My hate grows deep when manufacturers bring them from the dead and try to make a buck out of them. Leave the classic designs in the past. I'd like to see a company "Innovate" a design. Oh wait, that's a big word for NA car manufacturers :lol:, although Ford is somewhat on the right track.

Ford on the right track? Need I remind you of the GT and Mustang? They're what started the Muscle retro thing!! The ones on the right track are Dodge and Chevrolet with the Viper (thoroughly modern) and Corvette (true and un-ruined evolution)

flyingfridge said:
Mischief007 said:
flyingfridge said:

Ford on the right track? Need I remind you of the GT and Mustang? They're what started the Muscle retro thing!! The ones on the right track are Dodge and Chevrolet with the Viper (thoroughly modern) and Corvette (true and un-ruined evolution)

It is what I think is happening. Meh.

ford had no other option than to go retro, their first evolution flawed :lol:

^^ Exactly, just like every other muscle evolution other than the Corvette

Why is everybody going for the Challenger? I picked the Camaro because it's not as shamelessly retro as the Challenger, and has more edges than a sushi kitchen's knife block. Plus, it doesn't look as heavy. Go Camaro! :mrgreen:

I will take the Shelby GT500 instead of those!

gt500_tease.jpg