Going from a Miata to something... more practical (prep-work for the next year or two)

WRX good. Wooshy turbo noises, practical, quick enough.
STI bad (until they put a goddamned F-family engine in it, which might be as soon as MY2022)
Golf... Golfy (Moog from MCM sums it up pretty well with regards to why he ditched his)

Rank the following:
  • Fast
  • Comfortable
  • Driving fun/feel
  • Practical
How many passengers? How will you be using it (canyon runs on weekends when not commuting, or weekend trackdays?)
Hatch or sedan?
How many doors?
FWD, RWD, AWD?

How about a 3 or 4 series?

Well, a decision has been made. The Miata is going to my dad a bit earlier than expected, but for a very good reason. The car I will be purchasing, through the help of Automatch Consulting because I'm being bloody picky and I don't want to have to fight with dealers, was NOT suggested as a car in this thread.

... stay tuned.

Keep staying tuned, please. I forgot how much I hate buying a car, and how much more frustrating it is when you’re being very particular in wanting:
-a panoramic sunroof
-automatic climate control
-CarPlay
-7 speed DCT
-not to drive a red or white car
-LED headlights

Keep staying tuned, please. I forgot how much I hate buying a car, and how much more frustrating it is when you’re being very particular in wanting:
-a panoramic sunroof
-automatic climate control
-CarPlay
-7 speed DCT
-not to drive a red or white car
-LED headlights

Let us know how you like the VW Jetta GLI. ?

A deposit has been placed. Financing has been approved. Calling my bank tomorrow for a cashier’s check.

Pickup has been scheduled for Monday. The check has to be mailed; I never changed away from a local bank in the Northeast when I moved down here. But I’ve already added it to my insurance starting Monday. My rates went down $36/mo.!

Tonight's the night. The dealership has been great so far, setting me up on the manufacturer's app before I even come in. The app is great and gives me a ton of information about my car: fuel level, range, door and window status, and more. Plus, it has a map so I can see fuel prices around me and then send an address to the car's nav, if I want.

That should about wrap up the hints... I'll try to remember to post up tonight a new thread and double try to remember to link it here for the 3 people who are still following my nonsense.

Tonight's the night. The dealership has been great so far, setting me up on the manufacturer's app before I even come in. The app is great and gives me a ton of information about my car: fuel level, range, door and window status, and more. Plus, it has a map so I can see fuel prices around me and then send an address to the car's nav, if I want.

That should about wrap up the hints... I'll try to remember to post up tonight a new thread and double try to remember to link it here for the 3 people who are still following my nonsense.

Welp, we lost him

The app is great and gives me a ton of information about my car: fuel level, range, door and window status, and more.

Cool, we can eliminate the Focus RS since the app is crap and is only able to show odometer and oil all life. There is a fuel gauge, but it doesn't get updated and always show empty.

5da0d4.jpg