360......F430....?????

vanMould said:
Redliner said:
The F355 was a 3.5 with 5 valves per cylinder. AND they already had the F550 and the F575 in recent years.

A 5.5 litre twostroker? Jummy!
:blink: :dunno:

Now we can really get into the whole discussion on "How much HP is enough?". In a car a light as the F series, I wonder how much power you can put in it, before you simply ruin the balance. 90hp was a huge jump, i don't know if the next gen needs 550+bhp, it would just make it frightening...

I would say this is an excellent guess. But still in the end its just a guess.

geeman said:
The next one will be F455. It sounds so much like a Ferrari model and it's bigger than 430 and smaller than 512 and 550

Re: 360......F430....?????

Carrera GT! :)

STi Nut said:
hey.
so we had the 360 for 5 years, are going to have the F430 for 5 years so what do we get after that?

i would say that a smaller upgrade to a F450 sounds reasonable

Dins said:
Now we can really get into the whole discussion on "How much HP is enough?". In a car a light as the F series, I wonder how much power you can put in it, before you simply ruin the balance. 90hp was a huge jump, i don't know if the next gen needs 550+bhp, it would just make it frightening...

the F430 is not light

light enough, mr. picky

it weighs 3200 lbs or so.

Isn't the next one before the intirely new one going to be the F430 CS.
I'm waiting for that one, 360CS is still my favorite for now... :thumbsup:

bartboy9891 said:

which is light enough, considering most other "supercars" are either heavier or made out of carbon, which makes them way more expensive

Dins said:
bartboy9891 said:

which is light enough, considering most other "supercars" are either heavier or made out of carbon, which makes them way more expensive
yea, its funny how some supercars weigh the same as normal sports cars :p

Redliner said:
vanMould said:
Redliner said:
The F355 was a 3.5 with 5 valves per cylinder. AND they already had the F550 and the F575 in recent years.

He meant that following the naming system of the F355 the 550 would have a 5.5 litre engine with zero valves, and two stroke engines have no valves.

So what happened to STi Nut?

Where abouts in Adelaide do you live?

humbo said:
Redliner said:
vanMould said:
Redliner said:

He meant that following the naming system of the F355 the 550 would have a 5.5 litre engine with zero valves, and two stroke engines have no valves.

or it would need a rotary engine. :eek:
but a wankel ferrari doesn't sound right :lol:

STi Nut said:
Janus said:
So what happened to STi Nut?

Where abouts in Adelaide do you live?

West

How very specific. :lol:

I live in Hyde Park. What other cars do you have in your "car hole"?

bone said:
or it would need a rotary engine. :eek:
but a wankel ferrari doesn't sound right :lol:

Imagine that... A 5.5 litre rotary. Mazda only has 1.3 litre in the RX8, and that's rather fast as it is...

I don't think the next sports-Ferrari will be much bigger than F430. As Dins said, the engine size cannot be increased without problems, most notably weight, it's distribution and, more importantly, balance. I'm fairly sure the big thing will be improving the car's agility by weight reduction and prehaps revise the engine(although there's no real need for that).

Someday they're going to reach the limits of whats possibl with petroleum based fuels.

My guess is the engine wont be too different im thinkin more of a styling jump. They've been getting into alot of the radical futuristic-ish designs in the past few years.

I love Ferrari