The "Things that annoy me" thread

On a website that has a security question "Name of mother's maiden name?"

Like..."we named my mother's maiden name "Samantha" because her maiden name has that sort of energy, but that's not her maiden name of course. It's just its name."

Last edited:
You smart arse. :clap:

People who think it's okay to run their brights on an interstate highway with oncoming traffic.

I've never driven on an interstate highway in the US but it sounds like your discipline with headlights in general is a bit lax compared to what people around here are used to. Unless you have a car that does it for you, night driving in this part of the world means constantly switching your highbeams on and off.

If you have extra lights on the car, there's also a big chance you'll end up in a measuring contest with the oncoming driver. Whoever switches off first loses.

I've never driven on an interstate highway in the US but it sounds like your discipline with headlights in general is a bit lax compared to what people around here are used to. Unless you have a car that does it for you, night driving in this part of the world means constantly switching your highbeams on and off.

If you have extra lights on the car, there's also a big chance you'll end up in a measuring contest with the oncoming driver. Whoever switches off first loses.

That's the way I was taught, run your brights (high beams) only if there's no oncoming traffic.

Further gripe: I had just got on the two lane highway that runs through my town to head towards the interstate and the car coming towards me had their brights on. I turn my headlights of and on to indicate they may want to dim them. No change in their headlights. So now I give them the quick bright. They dim theirs, only to turn them back on. So I did the asshole thing and turned mine on too.

I'm in the BRZ, so it's got shit for lights, is low to the ground and the windshield is pitted pretty bad from 268k miles/431k kilometers. I'm pretty sensitive to brought lights because of all this.

Admittedly, it's 3:30 am, so I'm sure whoever was in the other car was partially intoxicated.

Based on my very limited US highway night experiences in low cars, I often think they have their high beams on but it's usually just a brodozer with the lights a few feet higher than my head.

You’ll get people here who drive with high beams or nothing. Around here with the street lights you can get away with that, but even in the darker areas, people don’t get it. It’s a growing problem that I don’t understand how it started.

My frozen pancakes come in packets of 3. I have a 2-slice toaster. So due to (not real) OCD, I end up eating 6 when I only wanted 2 [/'merica]

Why is shopping for clothes always such a fucking ordeal? Why is it 70.000 degrees in the shop? Why is it filled with retards? Why do they never have my size? Why are changing rooms the size of an anorexic teacup? Why is there always an elderly couple bickering in the changing room next to me? And why is the person behind the checkout counter the slowest individual in the fucking world?

I need a beer, and it's not even noon!

Every size i need is in the weird parallel universe size where it's both so unpopular they never get in my size, and it's so popular that no matter how much they order, it's always sold out before they can get more. Schrodinger's Wardrobe.

These are all very good points. I order online and send back whatever doesn’t fit (usually for free) because of this

I have poor experiences with that, I'm not 'very fashion concious' so stuff I see on the internet I barely have any idea what they are (what the fuck's a cardigan?) or how materials feel and handle from looking at a picture (What is bio cotton? Is it hand picked? Ain't that slavery? I thought that was illegal?) I always get the size wrong, I'm a difficult size as it is (think Clarkson shaped but bigger in every dimension) my postie is a lazy reprobate bottom of the unemployment market reject who never rings the doorbell, so I get to drive to the post office every time (which is a bitch to reach in my city) then back again to send shit back when it inevitably does not fit.....

I buy most everything online these days, but clothes, nah, always ends up wrong.

I stick to the same cheap chain stuff, I'm not exactly a fashion icon by any stretch of the imagination and when I find a brand and a size that fits, I keep buying from the same brand and in the same size.

I usually buy another identical pair of pants if they still make them. I do the same with shoes too. It takes me five minutes to buy a new pair, I just find a sales person and point to what I'm wearing "a pair of these please". Why make things difficult for yourself?

Yeah ^that. Go to store once, find brand/style/size that fits and then just buy more when they wear out.

My closet is not unlike Homer Simpson : 20 near identical Tshirts and pants because can’t be arsed

Oh I do the whole 'buy multiples' thing to, just that I put on a few during corona/hardly having to work these last 2 years, so I basicly have to start over, I'm down to 1 shirt that fits......

When you buy a new printer (well, I did a year ago) and the main menu items are Fax, Copy and Scan in that order. Thankfully it's possible to make shortcuts for actual useful and often used things like "Scan 300dpi PDF to Google Drive" but it's still takes a couple of extra taps. Fax is staring me in the face every time I use the thing.

When you buy a new printer (well, I did a year ago) and the main menu items are Fax, Copy and Scan in that order. Thankfully it's possible to make shortcuts for actual useful and often used things like "Scan 300dpi PDF to Google Drive" but it's still takes a couple of extra taps. Fax is staring me in the face every time I use the thing.
Sounds like something designed for the German market.