Random Thoughts....

I sort of remember doing nuclear bomb drills, but I may be conflating that in my mind with tornado drills. Which, are about the same. Put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.
the comment string of that post (it's not a photo) links to reports I want to read, kind of posting here in case someone else is also interested.

Holy crap, how awful has Facebook become? :blink: Every time I spend more than a few moments on there, I’m tempted to stop being an atheist and start praying for humanity. Jesus H Tap-Dancing Christ!

*wonders why it looks a bit hazy/foggy outside*

1627841888766.png

1627841895607.png

Maybe that's why.

*pfsh* Last summer we hit 254.

But then again...you'd definitely had noticed. This was noon:
qE5F5ia.jpg

Medicine (especially painkillers) - how far in the future are the usual best before dates? 5 years or something?
I'm taking a painkiller right now to alleviate the dizziness from yesterday's second Covid-19 vaccination and the painkillers are best before 05/2022. If the best before dates are usually 5 years in the future this would mean they are from 2017 and six of 10 painkillers are still remaining in the packaging. This would mean I took four painkillers over the course of the last four years. That's IMHO a very good ratio of just one painkiller per year...

It is ridiculously long, and I do know that even after this date they still work, albeit less than they do when they’re new.

I know this because I had to buy painkillers after my fall/operation in 2020, because the painkillers I still owned went bad in 2016

We had Casa Bonita in Tulsa when I was growing up. Sounds like it wasn't quite as fancy as the Colorado location, but it was still a fun place as a kid. As an adult you know the food isn't that great, but it sounds like, from an article I read, than plan to address that.

It's a truly weird experience from the strip mall location to mariachi music to cliff divers to guy in gorilla suit to fire juggling and bright yellow nacho cheese sauce poured all over.

It's a truly weird experience from the strip mall location to mariachi music to cliff divers to guy in gorilla suit to fire juggling and bright yellow nacho cheese sauce poured all over.
1629095822402.png

After 18 years, I just cancelled my membership in the German Sport Drivers Association (loosely translated, I mean the DSK e.V.). Basically, I've only ever been a member there because it was actually the cheapest option to get a sport auto magazine subscription, and I've never used anything other the club offered. And the magazine lost its appeal to me to the extend that I don't manage to read the monthly issues before the next one's in the mail. So...

.... anyone interested in 18 years worth of sport auto issues? :D

1629912832192.png

1630029550681.png

After 18 years, I just cancelled my membership in the German Sport Drivers Association (loosely translated, I mean the DSK e.V.). Basically, I've only ever been a member there because it was actually the cheapest option to get a sport auto magazine subscription, and I've never used anything other the club offered. And the magazine lost its appeal to me to the extend that I don't manage to read the monthly issues before the next one's in the mail. So...

.... anyone interested in 18 years worth of sport auto issues? :D
Ha, I keep thinking of having a garage sale if covid calms down. (Big if, ugh.) I might put the back issues of the PCA/BMWCCA/everywhere mags out in a big for-sale box. It's become a sizeable stack.

I ate too many beans.

I need to fart. Waiting. Waiting.