The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

And now Texas is reviewing the election in a few key counties.

Can we, as the thinking people of the nation, put a stop to this farce please? It's warping people's minds and making them dumber than I ever thought possible.

Can we, as the thinking people of the nation, put a stop to this farce please? It's warping people's minds and making them dumber than I ever thought possible.
Good grief.

I cannot understate how much I absolutely hate the direction of this state. I guess it wasn't enough to validate the conspiracy nuts through wholly unnecessary extra restrictions on voting access based on debunked, unproven allegations of widespread election fraud. It wasn't enough to validate COVID-19 truthers through this state's absolute indifference to suffering and death, so leeeeeet's accuse OUR OWN STATE of being unable to run a fair election.

I hate living in this trash idiocracy.

Last edited:

Why? Didn't Trump win Texas? Every time the GOP does an audit Trump loses more votes.

At this point it feels like the GOP want to lose more.

Why? Didn't Trump win Texas? Every time the GOP does an audit Trump loses more votes.

They have basically been reduced to throwing toys out of the pram at this point.

As with most things, I think it's to keep his/their base energized. You can't keep the MAGAs unhappy, unless they are told to be unhappy about something.

I feel Trump will lose this time by 10, 300 or something and they will claim it was all a fraud and have to count again. The problem is they think that everything that doesn't validate their world view must be Democrat conspiracy. Biden elected conspiracy, potato head branding conspiracy, Derek Chauvin guilty conspiracy... The list goes on and on

Why does anyone follow this idiot so blindly?

An unconfirmed leak, but...

Supposedly Cyber Ninjas (a company headed by supporters of The Big Lie), who have never worked on an election before, and were funded by the GOP and Trump donors, with their audit that started in April that was supposed to take 2 weeks, found that not only did Biden actually win, but by a 360-vote wider margin than the official tally. :lmao:

lol

So, what are they going to do now then? Send in the My Pillow guy to do a hand recount himself, so that he can sniff for bamboo paper from China…? What an utter farce…

So, what are they going to do now then? Send in the My Pillow guy to do a hand recount himself, so that he can sniff for bamboo paper from China…? What an utter farce…

First a pat on the back, they they point out a small inconsistentsy, then they cry fraud all over again...

Won't end though in 2028 they might run a semi normal human who will refuse to comment or acknowledge this as having occurred only to lose the primary to a true nut.

So, here's the thing: the report's tally basically matched the county's official count, within margin of error. That's not the whole report, though. I haven't sat down with it yet to read it, but I HAVE to assume they they are still claiming all sorts of inconsistencies that *lead* to the counts matching. Like...all of the reporting is focusing on the final count, but I haven't seen any reporting about if the report mentions anything (either way) about their snipe hunt for bamboo fibers, fraudulently-submitted ballots, etc. I'm sure there's still pages of (likely easily-debunked) claims.

There was some other right-wing group that did some sort of canvasing effort, and their first two examples were supposedly evidence that ballots were fraudulent because the addresses aren't real addresses. They extrapolated their "findings" out to the overall election vote counts, and they say they expect 100,000 fraudulent votes.

One was a satellite image of a street, and the arrow for the address was on a vacant lot. However, if you actual go to the street, the address number is actually for a 3-bedroom house next door. Another one was pointing to another empty lot, but it's a mobile home park, and someone lived there when they registered to vote (or something similar...I don't remember the specifics).

But of course they were also counting people who say they did vote, and voted for Trump, when someone knocked on their door.

Last edited:
It pisses me off that this is how our government is wasting our money instead of, IDK, funding crucial services, infrastructure upgrades, and in my state's garbage case, making sure flood-prone areas like the Gulf Coast are safe from ever-worsening hurricanes and fixing our hooptie-ass power grid. At LEAST get basic first-world services down before you strip us further of our rights and flush our cash down the toilet in other horrifying ways. That Texas challenged the election results in the first place makes me want to personally send our garbage attorney general a bill for a massive waste of the state's funds. I want those tax dollars back from these grifters, but I know it's just a pipe dream.

At this point, I guess the only real solution when you're surrounded by a rigged system that is actively gerrymandering you out of any meaningful representation and that prioritizes keeping a base in district-level majorities that would elect a literal dog turd with an (R) next to its name is to move. Get out of here! LEAVE. It'll either devolve into a total idiocracy in our absence or force a good, long, hard conversation about why no one with a brain wants to live here anymore. Eventually, even companies will stop moving here because they know there's no way in hell the best talent they can get will want to make that move, tax breaks be damned.

I'm here for my family whether I like it or not, but unless things get better in the next few years, adiós pendejos, fight amongst yourselves, and don't burn it totally down so I can at least visit for F1 and queso.

Last edited:
I'm here for my family whether I like it or not
I'm going to veer away from politics now, but I think this has to be said: Is being near your family so important to you that you are willing to let it ruin your own mental health? Because, given your posts in this thread and elsewhere, it damn sure looks that living in that state quite literally drives you insane or at least severely depressed.

No need to anywer this, if you don't want to. But we are here (or in the NSFW section... or on Telegram...), if you want to.