Ownership Verified: Fuel? Where we’re going, we won’t need fuel! ==>NooDle’s eGolf

Sister car but still German and not ID4? Does not compute… :|

No it was indeed the id4 but Flareside mentioned it without me noticing. for him.

Enyaq, while technically identical needs a LOT of options to get to the same equipment level. This, for some reason makes it more expensive to lease, despite costing less…

At the moment it’s a toss up between the Koreans. Ive not yet driven the EV6 but what I hear it’s basically identical but with added stuff I like (bit more range, more efficiency, more driver focused interior, more toys as standard….)

I also kind of want the 4wd 325hp version but we’ll see where we end up price wise. RWD 229 hp should be plenty for my use case.

Opinions?

In my subjective opinion, EV6 > Ioniq 5. I much prefer the styling, both interior and exterior, especially after seeing both in person a couple times. And as you said, it gets all the really interesting bits from the shared platform with the Ioniq, and a bit more on top. Very fast charging and the V2L capability set these two nicely above most of the competition.

ID.4... I don't like it very much, somehow.

Have you looked at the Mach-E, if SUVs of this general size are being considered? Imho, it's a much better car than it has any right to be.

Also, obvious Model Y is obvious, but I guess there's reasons if you didn't name it as an option :)

Can’t go wrong with the Korean twins tbh - I must say I really dig the ioniq design, while the ev6 is mostly meh. Also the ioniq seems more practical, but in the end they’re huge cars anyway…

Have you looked at the Mach-E, if SUVs of this general size are being considered? Imho, it's a much better car than it has any right to be.

Brand Evangelist! :p

A friend of mine testdrove the Ioniq 5 and thought the infotainment system looked and worked like a mediocre firewall web interface.

I think the car itself looks neat, though. Minecraft Golf, gangnam style.

A friend of mine testdrove the Ioniq 5 and thought the infotainment system looked and worked like a mediocre firewall web interface.

Yeah that’s one of little niggles… the white (!), very large bezels around the screen. Just feels wrong and doesn’t fit the whole vibe of the car, but sadly also fits the slightly oldish infotainment expecitation.

In this case the ioniq system was set to Finnish and it looked like it was translated on a lunch break with line wraps in the middle of words, etc.

I guess Tesla is the gold standard when it comes to touch UI in cars, but they need to stop removing physical buttons for everything.

In this case the ioniq system was set to Finnish and it looked like it was translated on a lunch break with line wraps in the middle of words, etc.

I guess Tesla is the gold standard when it comes to touch UI in cars, but they need to stop removing physical buttons for everything.

Sounds like the Ioniq software is on par with other Korean appliances. I just bought an LG tumble dryer and the finnish LG ThinQ app has no umlauts and the status page is in norwegian... The app isn't that useful but I wish my dryer an exciting life on the internet. Based on the looks of the software it probably joins a botnet attack in the near future.

In my subjective opinion, EV6 > Ioniq 5. I much prefer the styling, both interior and exterior, especially after seeing both in person a couple times. And as you said, it gets all the really interesting bits from the shared platform with the Ioniq, and a bit more on top. Very fast charging and the V2L capability set these two nicely above most of the competition.

ID.4... I don't like it very much, somehow.

Also, obvious Model Y is obvious, but I guess there's reasons if you didn't name it as an option :)

In my opinion Ev6>Ioniq5 aswell but I can’t be sure until I drive the latter.
Despite sharing an interior they’re supposedly very different cars, the Ioniq being spacy as all hell and the Kia being better to handle and more driver focused. I kinda want to better handling ons but with 2 kids who always take a crapload of stuff extra space is handy. Ginormous boot also.

On the other hand, if I can get a towbar and put bikes there I don’t really need the bootspace. And frankly I can fit most stuff in the Golf nowadays anyway.

Also, obvious model Y, maybe. I was given a list of cars to choose from, and there was no Tesla to be found. Otherwise I would have gone for the Model 3 in a heartbeat.

Mach E was also not on there but everyone who I know who has one has reported issues (flimsy interior, charging problems, and a massive fan noise when AC charging). Especially that last one would suck since my car is charged in front of my house overnight, and the noise would probably wake up the neighbours.

Hmm, that never bothered me tbh. Because the cars interior was white it just blends in. I dont know if the bezel is always white though, even with a dark interior?

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

Mrs NooDle noticed that because everything is so bright on the inside, it reflects on the inside of the windscreen though

Hmm, that never bothered me tbh. Because the cars interior was white it just blends in. I dont know if the bezel is always white though, even with a dark interior?

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

Mrs NooDle noticed that because everything is so bright on the inside, it reflects on the inside of the windscreen though
It kills the car as an option for me. The rest of it it absolutely love!

I would never buy a car with a white interior.
...okay, I have a car with a white interior, it's the reason why I'll never buy another one.

I would never buy a car with a white interior.
...okay, I have a car with a white interior, it's the reason why I'll never buy another one.

Yes there’s a reason my Alltrack has black leather.

Hmmm… you can get it with a black interior but the bezel around the nav screen is always white… which is odd.

a550d4f96e2e905cae3d0cd32abc5a51.jpg

Yeah I'm not feeling the Ioniq 5 display at all, it's way too appliance-like for a car.

Yeah I'm not feeling the Ioniq 5 display at all, it's way too appliance-like for a car.
Is it actually the same on the KIA, anyone know? :|

well... i decided to not be such a lazy ass and google it myself lol
seems to be the same or similar hardware including the huge bezels, but at least they're black.
mu4kpwipa8wgszgj8b5k.jpg

It is identical AFAIK, except for the bezel.
But is that enough for me to discount the entire car though? It didn’t bother me in the testcar I drove, but that had white interior which mine certainly won’t.

Saw an Ioniq 5 in white yesterday, actually looked a lot better on the exterior than the gray/dark ones I've seen before - maybe the design does work after all. Talked with an owner (of all of 10 days), seems to be rather happy with the car overall. It's much bigger and more spacious inside (especially in the back) than it looks like on pictures. The EV6 is similar, although it also looks bigger imho.

It's much bigger and more spacious inside (especially in the back) than it looks like on pictures.
Also on the outside tbh. In pictures it looks like a regular golf sized hatchback, but it’s actually rather huge…