Random Thoughts....

I've finally had it with my dry hands and I've cracked like the skin on them. Went to a cosmetics place to get something (seems to be working), they signed me up for the usual "discount if you agree to receive our newsletter" deal and so I've received one of those. It has confirmed what everyone already knows:

Cosmetics advertising is BULL. SHIT. :censored:
Vitamin E cream, or Lanolin: slather it on hands before bed, pop on a pair of plastic or nitrile gloves. Sleep.
The gloves trap heat and moisture in, making the pores open, and then the cream can get in and do it's thing.

It's what the dermatologist told Dad to do when fibreglass fibres and dust would damage his skin. Always worked.

I’ll try that if things get really bad again. Thankfully, I don’t work with fibreglass, but my hands become a mess almost every winter.

I've used Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream in the past, I tended to get dry skin on my hands in winter and it would lead to bleeding knuckles. I don't remember it happening last year, probably because I was working from home instead of being in the cold office all of the time. I just put it on at night, every other night or whenever I remembered and it definitely helped.

I also use Nivea moisturising shower gel now as I got dry skin on my arms/elbows, it's not a complete cure but it helps and has likely also helped my hands. They've come out with a new bio-degradable formula now though (I didn't know shower gel wasn't bio-degradable) and it's a lot grippier and squeakier than the old formula, if you catch my drift.

Last edited:
I have some hand lotion because I was washing my hands too much last year for obvious reasons. But as a single guy that stuff stays in the bathroom to avoid the thought people get if it's near desk, bedside, or couch.

It puts the lotion on the skin?

If you need more ground nut shells you can buy them in bulk, they're used as a sandblasting medium!
walnut-shell-bag-563ab7bc.gif

I didn't know there was such thing as an 'English' walnut. I do know that they go in a Waldorf Salad, though.

I have some hand lotion because I was washing my hands too much last year for obvious reasons. But as a single guy that stuff stays in the bathroom to avoid the thought people get if it's near desk, bedside, or couch.

Sinner.

Corn Husker sounds like a cowboy.

It is an euphemism for a sexual activity.
:hump:

See, now I'm just reminded of something on the imgur front page yesterday, a corn-cob-shaped dildo...

See, now I'm just reminded of something on the imgur front page yesterday, a corn-cob-shaped dildo...
Oh god why would you go there. Madness lies therein :p

Well, either that or blatant upvote farming