Ownership Verified: My Porsche EV Wagen (2021 Taycan Cross Turismo 4S)

Peugeot did some real big brain Engineering with their e-Partner or wh that tiny van thing is. They put the charge port where the regular fuel flap would be, rear left, but didn’t think that might become an issue with the sliding door. ugh. So now the sliding door has to lock while the charge port is open… what was that about an ingenious solution to a problem that should never have existed in the first place? :james:

Peugeot did some real big brain Engineering with their e-Partner or wh that tiny van thing is. They put the charge port where the regular fuel flap would be, rear left, but didn’t think that might become an issue with the sliding door. ugh. So now the sliding door has to lock while the charge port is open… what was that about an ingenious solution to a problem that should never have existed in the first place? :james:

LHD vans usually only have a sliding door on the right. People mover versions, on the other hand… and of course there’s the RHD market.

Well… the official press shots of the damn thing very much had charge port and slidy door on the same side :p

Yeah it seems like Google agrees with you on this. Most normal tradesmen vans I've driven have had a sliding door only on the passenger side, which is annoying when you want to throw something small into the back and have to walk aaalllll the way around the car and back again. This would be doubly annoying ?

I've never charged an EV but I like the thought of having the charge port on the front wing next to the drivers door. It's certainly better than having it on the front where there can and will be frozen snow and crap if you live in a colder climate. And I don't know WTF Honda was thinking placing the charge door on the bonnet like that.

The absolute worst position has to be the early electrified Mercedes vans. The normal diesel versions have the fuel flap right behind the drivers door so they just re-used that, which resulted in having the charging cable stretched right across keeping you from getting back into the car while waiting for it to charge.
The Taycan has charge port doors on both front wings, one is always a DC fast charger door (always on passenger side, regardless or LHD or RHD car) and the other is a pure level 2 charger port (in America its the J1772 standard). Level 2 charging can be done on both sides, so the flexibility is nice.

And no, one cannot plug in both sides at the same time to 'charge it up faster'.

The Taycan has charge port doors on both front wings, one is always a DC fast charger door (always on passenger side, regardless or LHD or RHD car) and the other is a pure level 2 charger port (in America its the J1772 standard). Level 2 charging can be done on both sides, so the flexibility is nice.

And no, one cannot plug in both sides at the same time to 'charge it up faster'.

They could have made that an option, 2x 22kW type2 instead of one 22kW charger (nearly like the first gen renault zoe with ~40kW charging with half the currect diverted via motor coils ).

But i gotta say love the wagon, i wonder if that will be "the new A6" when it get ev'd :hmm:

Back from the shop yesterday, all the paint protection done ??

received_691695745362184.jpeg

If you find someone camped outside your garage with longing looks, it might be @ninjacoco. :D

Congrats on the car. It is probably one of the very best available right now. (y)
:love: can confirm, coco loves the Taycan wagon, 11/10 did not want to give back the presswagen, 1000000% the car I will order when I strike oil in my yard Beverly Hillbillies-style

Frickin' love these. Nice wagon.
Don't let her near the dimmer switch :no:
Hey, they'll bill me at home here! Or arrest me on the spot. One of those.
I'd want to drive around with it on max ride height all the time, because rallycar.

/unpopularopinion
"Gravel mode" was a running gag on the Ringmeet/Roadtrip last summer for that reason. It's a wagon that lifts up extra high! Everything is an excuse for gravel mode.

Teslas have their charge port on the rear 3/4 panel on the driver side. The Taycan's location of the DC fast charging port on the front passenger side also means it will be compatible with Tesla Superchargers when they open up to other brands over here, much because CCS. If you want to use a Tesla Supercharger you just have to park in the opposite direction of what you would with a Tesla, where you reverse a Tesla in, you can just park nose inn with the Taycan.

The Audi E-tron has the charge port right in front of the drivers door, which will be messy, as you easily end up occupying two spots. Basically, public charging locations tend to look very messy as cars have charge ports in all sorts of weird locations, meaning people will park all over the place. Additionally, some high power chargers have water cooled charge cables, which means they vibrate when you charge, so it's not a good idea to let that rub against the side of your car, so you have to keep in mind that too.

I just like the options open to me when I park and charge at a public J1772 level 2 charger and can go with either driver or passenger side, whichever is more convinient at the time.

Frickin' love these. Nice wagon.
IT'S NOT A WAGON! :LOL:

Seriously, edkwon, way cool vehicle. Looks like one of those big-wheel-small-windows they-never-make-it car designer drawings, but it's there in real life. If Darth Vader had a car... (y)

My compliments. That must be a daily joy. Awesome.

FB_IMG_1641004967179.jpg

After several days of rain, finally get a break to wash her up, in time to head out and celebrate NYE 🎉

Happy 2022 everyone 👍🏼

burtonrider3889;46679207 said:
Edkwon, that thing is SWEET. I have been thinking about either a Cayenne GTS or a Taycan GTS once my current Cayenne S gets enough mileage on it. With how bad gas prices are getting the Taycan is looking better and better.

I quite like not burning gas most of the week (I drive my gas SUV now 2-3 days/wk at the most).

Finally had some free time to take a few quick beauty shots with my camera. Next time I do this, I'll likely have aftermarket wheels and tires outfitted. Still shopping around my options in 20"

51800586341_b639a712c9_c.jpg

DSC08875 by Ed Kwon, on Flickr

DSC08881 by Ed Kwon, on Flickr

DSC08891 by Ed Kwon, on Flickr

DSC08901 by Ed Kwon, on Flickr

DSC08895 by Ed Kwon, on Flickr