The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

Seems like some simple fixes but I'm glad I don't have to work around the recalls. :p

I hadn't seen the blind spot camera feature, nice that they added that.

^ "We could remove all buttons from the dashboards and hide them in a mobile-phone-style UI! What could possibly go wrong?"

I already loathe the idea of not having physical buttons to reach for and use without looking at them (we have a sense called "tact", and I think it's pretty cool for exactly this kind of tasks), but the idea of having a car which makes it more easy, while driving, to play a videogame than to adjust the windshield wiper's speed seems pretty idiotic to me.

on a Tesla side-note, yesterday I met the first of a breed of cars that I knew was about to appear and that we will all learn to despise: cars with LED headlights AND misaligned projectors. It was almost annoying even through a tinted back window and automatically obscuring rearview mirror. It was a Tesla.

cars with LED headlights AND misaligned projectors. It was almost annoying even through a tinted back window and automatically obscuring rearview mirror. It was a Tesla.
Yeah that shit happens constantly to me. It seems the ability to adjust the beams in the service menu doesn’t have enough „don’t mess with this if you don’t know what you’re doing!“ warnings and is way too easy to access.

Doesn’t help that until recently the first drive after a software update always had the beans aimed way too low so people would think they’d need to fiddle 🤦‍♂️

Depending on how my service appointment tomorrow goes I’ll post either here or in my car thread 🤣

^ I think the case I met was mostly due to a frontal misalignment following one or more light impacts. It is something I fear will happen with many more cars in the next years. It just got to be a Tesla, probably because they are notorious for low build quality, so problems arise faster than in other cars of the same range, while cheap cars who can show the same issues and have the same age are still mostly equipped with halogen lamps.

However, I didn't know the headlights could be oriented manually.

I had apparently pressed the levelling button in mine while facing downhill some time early in the year and it sent the lights way out of whack, I couldn't understand why people were flashing me as the lights cover quite a wide area and I could still see where I was going.

on a Tesla side-note, yesterday I met the first of a breed of cars that I knew was about to appear and that we will all learn to despise: cars with LED headlights AND misaligned projectors. It was almost annoying even through a tinted back window and automatically obscuring rearview mirror. It was a Tesla.
This was the LJ when we bought it. The owner said the headlights "are what they are, you can't aim them" - and I immediately knew anything he touched on that Jeep would have to be redone. The first thing I did was correctly aim the lights.

Of course...

Depending on how my service appointment tomorrow goes I’ll post either here or in my car thread 🤣
WELL, I guess it's going here... they didn't actually do anything but switch my appointment to a mobile ranger on Jan17th because the recall while active isn't really in their system as a work order yet or some other crap. Anyway, I don't really care, except that I really could've done without the half-hour drive to the service center at 7 in the morning. nice chat and all, but we could've discussed that on the phone FFS! ugh.
Of course they're not going to do anything about my constantly fogging up drivers side camera because that's all "to be expected" and I should just aim my heater at it I guess??? ugh, whatever.

For those of you who just wish for a brief description: "Tuomas Katainen explains his 2013 Model S was in the shop for more than a month for service. When he heard back from the shop, they told him they couldn’t repair his car, and the only option was to change the entire battery cell. [Mr. Katainen] said the fix would’ve cost him upwards of €20,000 ($22,500). He told the dealership that was absurd, and he donated the car to a Finnish YouTube channel Pommijätkät. Instead of fixing the Model S, 30 kg (66 pounds) of dynamite was strapped to the car for detonation. Showing his frustration, Katainen even had a doll of Tesla’s founder Elon Musk in the driver’s seat. "

It's amazing how much publicity this video gained. :LOL:

The tesla was a grey market US import basket case that at some point had received a wrong sized battery from a donor car. Tesla Europe wouldn't touch it for good reason.

I do find it funny that the guy from the channel Pommijätkät collaborates with, Hydraulic Press Channel, felt like he had to show his own personal 2020 Model S on video and mention the fact that he owns TSLA stock to avoid the Teslarati pitch forks. I've been a HPC subscriber for years and they've shown off their house purchase, the truck they bought for the filming company etc but they had kept the Tesla a secret until now.

It's amazing how much publicity this video gained. :LOL:

The tesla was a grey market US import basket case that at some point had received a wrong sized battery from a donor car. Tesla Europe wouldn't touch it for good reason.

I do find it funny that the guy from the channel Pommijätkät collaborates with, Hydraulic Press Channel, felt like he had to show his own personal 2020 Model S on video and mention the fact that he owns TSLA stock to avoid the Teslarati pitch forks. I've been a HPC subscriber for years and they've shown off their house purchase, the truck they bought for the filming company etc but they had kept the Tesla a secret until now.
Perhaps they had more pressing issues.

Ah, he’s been all over doge for years. Until now it’s all been Twitter though. Dude‘s an idiot in many regards… i don’t get how crap like this still goes through at Tesla. But the fans are lapping it up. Posts all over reddit of people buying crap with dogs and praising it as the future or whatever

Tesla Model 3 And Y HVAC Systems Under Investigation In Canada​

The main concern right now is reduced visibility due to the EVs' inability to defog or defrost the windshield.

But they have heated glass, don't they? I always thought mine did, but I actually can't find a clear answer. It's pretty dumb to not have heated glass on a car at that price.

Are there truly invisible heated windshields? Our 2015 VW has one, and you can see a super fine hexagonal mesh pattern in the glass.

Are there truly invisible heated windshields? Our 2015 VW has one, and you can see a super fine hexagonal mesh pattern in the glass.

Not from what I’ve seen and experienced. The 2019 Ford S-Max I rented had front windshield heat wires in it.

I didn’t know VW offered that in the US as I thought the front glass couldn’t be obstructed by anything.