Ownership Verified: 2017 Mazda3 Sport GS

killpanda

wants to fondle your manboobs
As our settling in Vancouver continues, we finally got wheels!

Here's my new to me 2017 Mazda3 Sport GS!

Only ~28k km, the safety features that make the insurance company happy and the CarPlay / Android Auto retrofit.

We had the choice between this one and a red one of the same vintage, but this one ended up being the better deal of the two so we got it.

Specs-wise, it's the 2.0l SkyActive engine with 155HP and a six-speed automatic. It's pretty smooth and quick, but it does seem a bit thirsty so far.

I can get a proof of ownership picture later if needed :)

IMG_6743.jpeg
IMG_3921.jpeg
IMG_3920.jpeg

From what I understand it’s a super high compression engine, and it’s supposed to give better fuel economy :)

Not bad! Congrats!

1,000km update, the car now has ~29300km on it :)

I treated it to a nice oldie that I found in an old folder:
343DD24B-A36F-4A4F-9991-D4C8FF93508C.jpeg

An OG Finalgear decal from a run of tshirts in 2009! I somehow managed not to lose it for all this time, then proceeded to apply it completely off-center with my dashcam’s rear view camera.

9DB2D580-E695-452C-B687-4D6388E2A9CD.jpeg

I also removed the hideous license place frames installed by the dealership when I bought the car.

No other mods for now, I really like the car as it stands and don’t really see what to change about it.

Welp, I thought it was stolen. Turns out we’ve been parking in someone else’s spot for the last 8 months because our landlord gave us the wrong spot number… now hopefully he’ll reimburse us for the tow and impound bill quickly enough…

From what I understand it’s a super high compression engine :)

It is, which is why it actually runs (for a bit) when you misfuel it with diesel. It's all fun and games until a piston melts. :p

I didn't, but I heard someone who did.

BC with their self rightous license plates. I want mine to say "Incredible Illinois." :D

A year into ownership and 8k km later, the Mazda has has been treating us really well!

And since I finally have somewhere to park it where I don’t need to go down to the 7th layer of hell to see it, I finally have an ownership picture proof thingy:
718D9281-3D1B-4E1C-A204-DFC1A2EBE2A6.jpeg

And a couple of outside photos for good measure:
1CE0EF0A-EF83-4D7D-A705-45181514C013.jpeg

51C71BD0-D55C-4A46-8036-9D41F4B06CBF.jpeg

Going into winter, we decided to get a set of winter tires (General Tire Altimax 12), which turned out to be the right move as BC just had one of its worst winter in 13 years. The car handled snow and some ice flawlessly with them.

We got a nice new set of wheels for the old all season tires, it should look real nice when I install them in spring:
BFFDF44B-C299-4DE4-83CE-3D7692D53EA0.jpeg

Team White Mazda unite!

The UWA makes your car look a bit more Mazda 2 than Mazda 3! Haha.