Idea for a Game

pierre626

Hi all

So here's my idea then:

Top Gear Racer

I got this Idea when playing on London Racer while watching Best of Top Gear earlier. So basically you could be Jeremy in his fast car either racing against the TGV,Plane or Boat and Vice Versa being Richard & James, which would add a third person element to it i.e running through the train station or up the stairs of the Natwest tower .

Infact I am going to start this project.Anybody want to help.

Re: Idea for a Game

pierre626 said:
So basically you could be Jeremy in his fast car either racing against the TGV,Plane or Boat and Vice Versa being Richard & James [...]
Now, what's the point of winning all the time as a Jeremy? You do know he simply cannot lose any TG_car_vs_public_transport race. However, it would be nice to have an option to get out of a car (which is very very difficult to implement as long as Jezza's concerned) and shout "Poweeer!" at people :roll:

so you basically want to recreate the motorway network of europe and enable us to race along it in various supercars? i'd say that sounds good, bring it on! :D :lol:

Sounds good

If you feel like taking a good chunk out of your lifetime modeling and texturing every single possible route to any two major cities in Europe, (as a first/third person game) sure. Otherwise, it'd probably work better as a text-based game with lots of elements of randomness.

Either way, I'd love to see how it comes out. I'd love to yell "POWEERRR!" at random old French couples in caravans.

I like the idea of the TG guys being in a game, but maybe not a game based on TG. That would be doomed to suck...

Didn't Tiff do some car describing in NfS4?

Just buy a TomTom Go and stare at the screen as you drive 150mph on the french motorways.

matt_shaw said:
this thread sucks. it wont happen

i think a lock is in order

Seriously. I'm in the game dev industry and this is laughable. He'll have forgotten about it within a week and moved on to something else to occupy his short attention span.

End.

GraemeH said:
matt_shaw said:
this thread sucks. it wont happen

i think a lock is in order

Seriously. I'm in the game dev industry and this is laughable. He'll have forgotten about it within a week and moved on to something else to occupy his short attention span.

End.

yeah, i have a bunch of buddies who work for EA up in Vancouver. this shit takes awhile