The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

The dead twigs really soften the room!
And they still look happier than anyone using that “kitchen” would ever be.

I think the empty vase really ties the room together.

And people wonder why we want to return to forums :p

I stopped using Facebook at about the time of the first lockdown in 2020. Yes I've missed things but I don't really care.

I stopped using Facebook at about the time of the first lockdown in 2020. Yes I've missed things but I don't really care.
You’re not missing anything. I check because some things that I find interesting still make it through the filters and into my “news feed” or whatever it’s called these days. But the onslaught of vicious trolling and arseholery that has become Facebook’s heartbeat is never more than a click away.

Same reason I don't go on Facebook...or most of Twitter....and most of reddit. And all of Imgur not directly linked at me.

Imgur isn't even supposed to be social media! But it has points and so it devolves into...cat memes and accounts specifically designed to screencap and post politics for imaginary epeen points and/or affiliate link revenue. It's the one that annoys me the most tbh.

There are two reasons why I still visit Facebook from time to time: birthday reminders and making myself feeling worse after seeing what my contemporaries achieved.

I know the latter is unhealthy, but I just can't stop it. It's my damned curiosity, I need to know who graduated, or got engaged, or moved somewhere nicer, or bought a car... even if it'd make me feel worse after finding that out.

Oh, and there's surely some other uses for Facebook that make me still keep it, like the Marketplace (which I never bought anything off), but I can't think of them all right now.

Also, I set up my social media so my Instagram account is for cars, friends and people I recently met, Facebook for older acquaintances and friends, Twitter for tech, Reddit for when I need help (when it comes to stuff like tech, buying online, personal grooming and style, etc.) and YouTube... well, for music (old habits die hard) and tech stuff, again. Although I use YouTube privately 99% of the time, so I don't even use my two YouTube accounts, private and 'public' one.

1646260210355.png

Sounds like some people need to get an F bomb selector!