BMW 3 Series Coupe!!! First Spy Shot!!!!

C53A_4G63T said:
I'm getting tired of BMW. Just another similar looking car. Beemers ahve gone way down hill in styling over the past couple years. God damn Bangel. Only the 7 Series can pull off the edgyness IMO.
that makes no sense, because three generations ago all bimmers looked exactly the same, they only differed a little in size. only throughout the recent years have they become more independent.

ryosuke said:
its not a chop...those lehman pictures are usually the real thing. and if they are not, they are labeled as illustrations (unlike autobild's, who are always horribly fake and taken much too seriously...)

i quite like it.

In this case, the front is much too low and the back much too high (looks like something with a very fat arse in my opinion - sorry for the language!)

Indeed, the back looks way too heavy and high. Maybe it's because of the angle of the picture...

mautzel said:
ryosuke said:
its not a chop...those lehman pictures are usually the real thing. and if they are not, they are labeled as illustrations (unlike autobild's, who are always horribly fake and taken much too seriously...)

i quite like it.

In this case, the front is much too low and the back much too high (looks like something with a very fat arse in my opinion - sorry for the language!)
I agree, it looks very "tail heavy". Shame really, I thought they would at least get the coupe right... :|

mautzel said:
ryosuke said:

i quite like it.

and therefore its a photoshop?! :?

i've got some more disguised shots here and the shape is the same:
6060102.001.Mini3L.jpg

6060102.001.Mini2L.jpg

6060102.001.Mini1L.jpg

I hoped it'd be a photoshop, because the E46 looked much better in my opinion - but maybe I'll be more pleased with it when I see it in real life (which was the case with the E90 limousine)

:bmwpoo:

Looks like the memory of the beautiful BMWs will die with my generation. Damn you Bangle (& co.).

Boot is too big, doors are too short, the wheels are too small.

The whole car is out of proportion, i'd take the Brera over that anyday, no matter how well it drives

The design is really screwed up. I hate it. I'd take the E46 myself but I prefer the E39 5-series ;).

bren_35 said:
Boot is too big, doors are too short, the wheels are too small.

The whole car is out of proportion, i'd take the Brera over that anyday, no matter how well it drives

I agree. The proportions of the car just aren't right. The older 3-series had a beautifully proportioned shape, but this just looks odd ... and bland at the same time ... :?

I think it's not bad and I'd like to see it with the tape off and a proper paint job. I agree the side is incredibly boring though, the E46 had a very subtle buldge between the shoulder line and very bottom that worked perfectly. I love the E60 5 series and loved it since the first day I saw it, mainly because of the interesting design cues like someone actually bothered creating something different. With this 3 series though it simply isn't interesting enough. With the Z4, 7, 5 and 6 that all wear the flame surfacing look brilliantly this 3 looks out of place.

The M3 will still be an incredible machine though :)

That tail is too long, too much hangoff. The face of the car looks more asian than european (in a bad way).

I'd still rather have the equivalent lexus.

^ i thought they got rid of bangle

wooflepoof said:
I'd still rather have the equivalent lexus.

^ i thought they got rid of bangle
Well we know he's dead but wasn't this the car he died while designing....... :lol:

what what small wheels.. def. need bigger wheels to better the looks.. boring look though, or I could say very normal.