Ownership Verified: Premature Midlife Crisis - shad's Mustang GT

shad_68

DOOD looks like a lady
Car(s)
Just Horsing Around
23nQJQk.jpg

Hello there, long time no see! I'm back with a new car!

I think this one, like so much else, can be blamed on D-Fence. At last year's ringmeet we were chatting and the conversation turned to how I've always liked the Mustang, especially so the current generation, and that I'm in an incredibly fortunate financial position (well paying job, lucked into an apartment with very cheap rent, no family, no loans to pay off). And he was like "you should just get the Mustang then!".
What a silly idea to my sensible German ears. Positively outlandish. Buying a ridiculously unreasonable car, fulfilling one of my dreams, just because I could afford it? Pffft!
... although ...
And so the idea started to ferment in my head, I started looking into how much it would actually cost and if I could really afford it, then things quickly spiraled from there and soon after I had signed a contract. Fast forward 9 months and the cork was ready to pop as I unexpectedly got the message that the car had gone off the boat and was on its way to a dealer where I could pick it up. Which I did just last friday.

n1MyYH2.jpg

So here it is! Brand new 2022 Mustang GT in Atlas Blue with almost all of the bells and whistles. And I love it! I think it's simply gorgeous, especially in this color and in the sun. It has more power than I could realistically ever use, but I can also just pootle around town at 30 kph and it'll still put a smile on my face.

Alright, enough blabbering, here's some beauty shots.

4J31Y6E.jpg

2lAtBN0.jpg

Rh93HBK.jpg

LgQb7m9.jpg

Since I haven't found a garage for it yet, it currently has to sit out on the street...

ZbNqIEu.jpg

... where it does its best to try and blend in with the locals.

3QJXHEW.jpg

The interior is quite nice too.

ry5pNuG.jpg

And you get all these silly but kinda charming touches, like the infamous pony projectors.

KUyszdI.jpg

I'd like to add that I not only told you to get it, but also told you about where you leased it from now.
You listened, for once.

You didn't listen when I told you to get the Plates with DO-NU-7555 (DONUTSSS) or DO-EN-37 (DOENER).

Can't have it all.

As a punishment, here is the UNCROPPED photo of where you parked.

1651565281735.png

Anyways, brilliant ride and spec. Enjoy it, don't kill people but also drive it out, it's not made to go straight on the Autobahn to McDonalds and back only.

You didn't listen when I told you to get the Plates with DO-NU-7555 (DONUTSSS) or DO-EN-37 (DOENER).

Can't have it all.
Truly a bridge too far.

As a punishment, here is the UNCROPPED photo of where you parked.
Where the dealer parked. At least that's my story AND I'M STICKING TO IT!

Enjoy it, don't kill people but also drive it out, it's not made to go straight on the Autobahn to McDonalds and back only.
Yeah, I'm also gonna go in circles through the roundabout at the Aldi. :cool::cool::cool:

Hello stranger, nice to see you again. :tease:

This is the kind of madness I can get on board with. For some reason I thought you already had it.

Hello stranger, nice to see you again. :tease:

This is the kind of madness I can get on board with. For some reason I thought you already had it.

Probably because I was talking about it so much last year already, but delivery times man. Pleasantly surprised that they managed to keep the original estimate of May 2022 I got when I placed the order. I was already expecting it would be delayed a couple months, what with everything going on in the world right now.

Despite the high fuel prices right now probably also not the worst time to get one, seeing how the list price has jumped up almost 10k from when I ordered last year to now.

I've been thinking about what to do for winter wheels. Original idea was to get some lightweight aftermarket alloys for summer and put winter tires on the stock rims. But those good quality lightweight wheels are ofc expensive.
Meanwhile, used stock wheels can be had quite cheap. So I'm wondering if I should just pick up a second set for winter. Or maybe grab a silver set and use those for summer and the black wheels for winter? :unsure:
Ah well, still got some time to think.

UNtCzeg.jpg

What’s wrong with the usual steelies?

20220503_173425.jpg

I am Daniel and I approve of this purchase.

Also, I did see that:

20220503_180153.jpg

And finally: The black wheels look better than the silver ones. But I can understand your desire to change things up a bit for winter.

Excellent choice! I'm still in love with my 2018. It's like a 460hp recliner that happens to handle way better than it should.

Looks like I'm in good company with my Mustang!

Excellent choice! I'm still in love with my 2018. It's like a 460hp recliner that happens to handle way better than it should.

A friend and me drove down to Toulouse in the south of France in my Fiesta ST last year, I would love to redo that trip in the Mustang because it would be such a great cruiser for that.

I've been having the worst headache the last couple days, and I just realized it's because I haven't posted the officially required proof yet! Ach nein!

Oh sure, is that what you’ve been telling your employer? “Ich kann nicht heute kommen, ich habe ein Kopfschmerzzzzzzzz.”

😘

Awesome car, and in the best of the currently available colour choices!

That's how I felt about the Tesla blue, it seemed way too dark when I had only ever seen it in shade but once it's in the sun it's much brighter. It was still a darker blue that this though.

I think a paint like this with a lot of really deep, glossy reflectiveness harmonizes perfectly with the styling details of the Mustang. In the light you get these really intense color variations e.g. above and below the creases in the door. That's one of the main reasons I decided against grabber blue, which I think is a lovely shade. But in every photo I saw it was a lot more flat. And imo that just squanders the more interesting styling details.

In a way I feel like the styling almost reflects that this is the first Mustang generation officially sold around the world, because it feels like an international design in the sense that it perfectly blends the burlyness of a muscle car with the sleek lines of a sports car. Compare that to the Charger and Challenger, which aren't bad looking, but very clearly strongly embrace the muscle car style.

tl;dr I'm a horse girl boi now

Last edited:
That blue is so great.
I'd probably think about tinting the tiny rear windows, that might look really good.