Random Thoughts....

i had a pretty significant die off last winter

I lost half of my hives every year. I was going to switch away from the top bar hives for Langstroth hives with top bar frames, but never got the chance.

I also went to retrieve swarms and did several hive removals from houses and sheds. If it wasn't for that, I would have been done after the second year.

Every honey extraction I see new toys and I know it tempts fate. Winter I rap with tarps, summer I gave them an umbrella for shade. I'm pretty sure I had a hive commit suicide for having bought new gloves.

Huh?

Every honey extraction I see new toys and I know it tempts fate. Winter I rap with tarps, summer I gave them an umbrella for shade. I'm pretty sure I had a hive commit suicide for having bought new gloves.

Are the tarps talented?

Hives don't commit suicide. The queen(s) died, the real question is why.

I'm sorry you are feeling down... because of my own selfish reasons. I'm feeling pretty down AND its raining in Denver AND we're going to have snow!

I offer in distraction tiny people doing rude things for train enthusiasts. View attachment 3565043

That reminds me of one if the new episodes of "Love Death and Robots" on Netflix. I think the episode is called "Night of the Mini Death", and looks like those sorts of figures.

That reminds me of one if the new episodes of "Love Death and Robots" on Netflix. I think the episode is called "Night of the Mini Death", and looks like those sorts of figures.
It was solid animation i liked it. Tiny people going places, tiny people doing nothing, tiny people doing other things...

captures_chrome-capture-2022-4-20 (1).png

captures_chrome-capture-2022-4-20.png

captures_chrome-capture-2022-4-20 (3).png

Reposted from Telegram:

Left my motel this morning in Holbrook, Arizona at 06:15 am (MST), 1000 miles later I arrived at home at 23:35 (CDT). That's 15 hours on the road with only one meal stop. Would have been quicker, but in both Albuquerque, New Mexico and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma I-40 was down to one lane for bullshit reasons.

I'm very tired and will go to sleep very soon.

Last edited:
Reposted from Telegram:

Left my motel this morning in Holbrook, Arizona at 06:15 am (MST), 1000 miles later I arrived at home at 23:35 (CDT). That's 15 hours on the road with only one meal stop. Would have been quicker, but I'm both Albuquerque, New Mexico and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma I-40 was down to one lane for bullshit reasons.

Sweet radar love 15hrs. Good night nurse

Reposted from Telegram:

Left my motel this morning in Holbrook, Arizona at 06:15 am (MST), 1000 miles later I arrived at home at 23:35 (CDT). That's 15 hours on the road with only one meal stop. Would have been quicker, but I'm both Albuquerque, New Mexico and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma I-40 was down to one lane for bullshit reasons.

That's some serious mileage. Good you made it home safe.

You guys remember the bartender girl I was sorta crushing on a few minths back, I'm still seeing her (in the bar) and she just broke up with her loser boyfriend, instructions, ideas, I need help finalgear! I'm hopeless at this shit! Instructions unclear please advise!

Last edited:
You guys remember the bartender girl I was sorta crushing on a few minths back, I'm still seeing her (in the bar) and she just broke up with her loser boyfriend, instructions, ideas, I need help finalgear! I'm hopeless at this shit! Instructions unclear please advise!
I spent the better part of my 20s and 30s between Wiener Blut, Travolta, and Wild at Heart. Here's what I've learned about dating hot bartenders:
First rule of trying to date bartenders (applies also to all other service industry workers): Get them out of the work situation. No matter how much of a regular you are, no matter how long you've known each other, as long as there's a bar and you are on different sides of it, you are her client and you are not talking on eye level.
So, I have no clue about the kind of pub it is you hang out at, but most* bartenders I've ever met really enjoy a drink or ten as well. So ask her out for a drink. Depending on the kind of pub, it could be in the same bar when she's off duty, or just in the bar next door, or in another part of town. The first version obviously is the lowest-threshold ask, but comes with the greatest risk of other regulars joining you and it being another night at the pub in the end, not a date. The further away you go, the higher the stakes in terms of it being "special", but also the lower the risk of you stumbling into a group of fellow boozers who throw a round of shots and take over the conversation.

*this means all

So much this.

Paid off the only credit card I have today. If it were a Visa, MC or whatever I'd keep it purely for an emergency CC, but it's an Amazon store card. It did get me out of a jam on the engine for the mower, but beyond that it tends to be just me finding something "I can't live without" and that's how I nearly filled it up. Plus, the idea of buying everything on Amazon is starting to be less appealing. Maybe I should cancel it and try to get a regular card to keep around for emergencies?

Paid off the only credit card I have today. If it were a Visa, MC or whatever I'd keep it purely for an emergency CC, but it's an Amazon store card. It did get me out of a jam on the engine for the mower, but beyond that it tends to be just me finding something "I can't live without" and that's how I nearly filled it up. Plus, the idea of buying everything on Amazon is starting to be less appealing. Maybe I should cancel it and try to get a regular card to keep around for emergencies?
Congrats! Cancelling cards tends to ding your credit, right? (I hate that, but here we are.) Maybe just keep it if there's no annual fee, but don't use it unless there's a definite emergency.

Sometimes you can convert a store card into a regular (albeit still branded with the store) credit card you can use in an emergency, too. Might be worth asking, and if so, just keep it around for emergencies.

Amazon is so full of junk nowadays and the whole system has a whole lotta yikes from a labor rights/general wastefulness angle. It's a lifesaver in a pinch or if you have limited time/mobility/ability to get to a store, but I try not to use it since we've got stores in town I'd rather support and my gosh, I need the incentive to get out after working from home all day. It is at least a place with regular stuff in among the junk listings, so that's a thing, too.

In my experience, the best way to deal with the Credit Card is to cancel if it has a membership fee. If it doesn't remove it from your wallet and amazon account (and others as needed). Put it in an envelope, put the envelope at the bottom of a drawer. If nothing else, it makes it a colossal pain in the ass to use it, and it will never be there for impulse buys.

Congrats! Cancelling cards tends to ding your credit, right? (I hate that, but here we are.) Maybe just keep it if there's no annual fee, but don't use it unless there's a definite emergency.

Sometimes you can convert a store card into a regular (albeit still branded with the store) credit card you can use in an emergency, too. Might be worth asking, and if so, just keep it around for emergencies.

Amazon is so full of junk nowadays and the whole system has a whole lotta yikes from a labor rights/general wastefulness angle. It's a lifesaver in a pinch or if you have limited time/mobility/ability to get to a store, but I try not to use it since we've got stores in town I'd rather support and my gosh, I need the incentive to get out after working from home all day. It is at least a place with regular stuff in among the junk listings, so that's a thing, too.

I don't need a ding on the old credit right now, working on that big thing and a lot of it has to do with credit score. It's through Synchrony, so I may be able to convert it to a regular card, I'll look into that. Thanks!

Agreed on Amazon turning into a nightmare, that's one reason I'd like to rid myself of this card and the Prime membership.

In my experience, the best way to deal with the Credit Card is to cancel if it has a membership fee. If it doesn't remove it from your wallet and amazon account (and others as needed). Put it in an envelope, put the envelope at the bottom of a drawer. If nothing else, it makes it a colossal pain in the ass to use it, and it will never be there for impulse buys.

There's not a fee, or for that matter, a physical card. It's just an option to use when checking out on Amazon. They also charge the Prime membership to it. But as mentioned above, might be time to get rid of that and look at other subscriptions I have. See which ones are worth keeping.

I don't need a ding on the old credit right now, working on that big thing and a lot of it has to do with credit score. It's through Synchrony, so I may be able to convert it to a regular card, I'll look into that. Thanks!

I believe you are talking about the store card. This is though Synchrony while Amazon branded "Credit Cards" are through Chase. Do nothing even if you downgrade from your Prime membership you retain your Synchrony amazon store credit line.

Agreed on Amazon turning into a nightmare, that's one reason I'd like to rid myself of this card and the Prime membership.

I am curious about that. Around February with the increase in Prime I tried to judge its cost/benefit. I'm interested in your calculations. Even with a 2 year membership with Shipt and free Shoprunner through visa infinity and mc world, Amazon membership is more inclusive

There's not a fee, or for that matter, a physical card. It's just an option to use when checking out on Amazon. They also charge the Prime membership to it. But as mentioned above, might be time to get rid of that and look at other subscriptions I have. See which ones are worth keeping.

Amazon_Prime_Visa_Card.jpgamazon-store-cards-prime.jpg
If its the store cards to the right the account will automatically switch

I believe you are talking about the store card. This is though Synchrony while Amazon branded "Credit Cards" are through Chase. Do nothing even if you downgrade from your Prime membership you retain your Synchrony amazon store credit line.

Copy.

I am curious about that. Around February with the increase in Prime I tried to judge its cost/benefit. I'm interested in your calculations. Even with a 2 year membership with Shipt and free Shoprunner through visa infinity and mc world, Amazon membership is more inclusive

Honestly, I'm not using it much anymore. I rarely use Prime Video, I'm not ordering everything from Amazon and if I do, what's a day or two more to get something? I've been mostly clicking the Amazon Day shipping when I order something just for the credit on Prime Video, then not using it.

View attachment 3565085View attachment 3565086

If its the store cards to the right the account will automatically switch

The one on the right, yes. Switch to what?