Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

Yep. Abbott and other goons like him don't actually give a flying crap about mental health in this state. It is a nightmare just to find a therapist with open appointments here, much less one who's affordable or who takes insurance. I wish anyone cared enough to actually improve access to mental healthcare, and it angers me to no end that it's brought up as a distraction from another need—better firearms regulation—when big tragedies like this happen. We need both, badly.

I Went Off in the vent thread about this right after the shooting, but my gosh, I'm glad someone's calling out Abbott on that statement. He's such a selfish, hypocritical piece of crap that it's unreal.

The connection is access to guns.

and aggression and normalisation of violence and social division and and and…

None of which negates the fact that easy access to firearms creates more shootings. On the contrary, every one of these issues exacerbates the too-many-guns problem.

Yep. Abbott and other goons like him don't actually give a flying crap about mental health in this state.
...I'm glad someone's calling out Abbott on that statement. He's such a selfish, hypocritical piece of crap that it's unreal.

Texas started with education as proud cornerstone of it's constitution now it's run by people who want all government out of education.

Let's not make it political (pious face) it's not the place of the government to provide for the general welfare.

Oh and the Lt. Gov is a real peach too.

and aggression and normalisation of violence and social division and and and…

None of which negates the fact that easy access to firearms creates more shootings. On the contrary, every one of these issues exacerbates the too-many-guns problem.

We're coming up on ten years since a gunman mowed down movie goers not 20 minutes from my door

Screenshot_20220526-085838.png

About a year since a gunman shot up the grocery store 30 min away

Screenshot_20220526-134502.png

I can admit I was wrong about the second amendment for years. I felt as a gun owner I was appropriately informed of the debate and that safe gun ownership bla bla bla.

I still think there are a number of things we can do. Let's dress every gun owner in hot pink. Let's make body armor a felony with a decade minimum. Let's make mental health covered by all insurance and expand Medicare to include it too. Let's require mental health screening of all gun owners. Let's put felony conviction and time to owning more than 5 bullet casings.

Because this America fucking sucks

Firearms are now the number one cause of death for children 0-19 in the United States.
By all means, go on and limit firearms (I already said that). It's a start.

You will probably limit the amount of dead people. But you won't stop the violence, nor the attacks.

(That said, in normal countries that's probably traffic accidents.)
Yep we're exceptional. So why is America exceptional in gun violence?

View: https://youtu.be/atrMAK7TjKM?t=141
Why is America plagued by gun violence... because suck it.
This is what I don't understand. To these people, what is government for?
From the white nationalist I have talk to its to get out of the way while a theoretic state is established
By all means, go on and limit firearms (I already said that). It's a start.

You will probably limit the amount of dead people. But you won't stop the violence, nor the attacks.
Well they say if you can reach one person.

That's scary. Nothing more dangerous than someone who thinks they are in the right and God told them to do it.

Robert Louis Dear - Mass shooting at Planned Parenthood 1hour 40min drive from my door

Well they say if you can reach one person.
By all means, go on.

As I have already said, if you put a slower speed limit on a road with grenade holes (and if you enforce it...), then you'll surely save some people.

The main issues will still be there, though.

It's like teaching how to eat a healthy diet but still making junk food cheaper yo buy and easier to get, among a population addicted to it.

By all means, go on.

As I have already said, if you put a slower speed limit on a road with grenade holes (and if you enforce it...), then you'll surely save some people.

The main issues will still be there, though.

It's like teaching how to eat a healthy diet but still making junk food cheaper yo buy and easier to get, among a population addicted to it.

That's great thanks

Hang on, I need to get some 🍿!
There's no need: that is what I thought would happen, and it did.

People scream at the most visible issue, but they miss the root cause. And spectacularly so.

Think about it: this guy planned it through during weeks. Guns made it easier, but with that kind of commitment and a bit of ingenuity, he could have come up with a knife, some kind of tool, a homemade bomb.

What would people complain about, then? Who would they blame? Back to "videogames make people bad"? This last desperate soul was not even a white supremacist, so no chance of that slogan either.

Last edited:
I could not find the original post I made, but here is an update.

So this will be in court very soon, the ballots have to be printed soon so they can be sent out to those serving overseas.