Cancer Sucks

yeah, I still have regular reminders of him. He shows up in my facebook memories.. or the last car he saw me driving was just sold yesterday.. or I just went on a drive that included a bunch of Vipers :(

Oh this is sad news to find out, after finally coming back to revisit this site after a few years absence.

I enjoyed the few conversations I had with Alex back in the early naughties (00s) and teens (10s) in the early years of Top Gear's revival. His passion for cars and the shows he enjoyed sharing with us was infectious.

Our first few conversations were enormous fun, as he used to rib me saying I ripped off his nickname. I protested of course, not realising he was having fun with me, as he had seen me earlier other James Bond sites we'd had in common. After I got past my initial embarrassment, our conversations were always full of poking fun at each other in various ways.

I really know how this disease can take a toll of the person suffering from it but the family as well, as my mother passed in 2010 after her six year battle with cancer. So my thoughts go out to them. I remember well some of the nice things Alex said to me during those times, and they helped me immensely. It is ironic that a mere nine years later this shitty disease would aim for him too.

For me and others, of course, he was the life blood of this site. The fact that it still goes strong today is testament to his passion in what he loved, but also share and interact with others of similar interests. I'm glad to see it still here as a great memory to a wonderful bloke.

RIP Viper007Bond aka Alex.

I was worried I would forget and miss it. With the last two years being as crazy as they have been it seems much longer than three years. Every time I play Forza his name still pops up.

Oh this is sad news to find out, after finally coming back to revisit this site after a few years absence.

I enjoyed the few conversations I had with Alex back in the early naughties (00s) and teens (10s) in the early years of Top Gear's revival. His passion for cars and the shows he enjoyed sharing with us was infectious.

Our first few conversations were enormous fun, as he used to rib me saying I ripped off his nickname. I protested of course, not realising he was having fun with me, as he had seen me earlier other James Bond sites we'd had in common. After I got past my initial embarrassment, our conversations were always full of poking fun at each other in various ways.

I really know how this disease can take a toll of the person suffering from it but the family as well, as my mother passed in 2010 after her six year battle with cancer. So my thoughts go out to them. I remember well some of the nice things Alex said to me during those times, and they helped me immensely. It is ironic that a mere nine years later this shitty disease would aim for him too.

For me and others, of course, he was the life blood of this site. The fact that it still goes strong today is testament to his passion in what he loved, but also share and interact with others of similar interests. I'm glad to see it still here as a great memory to a wonderful bloke.

RIP Viper007Bond aka Alex.
I usually just drop in to read all sorts of interesting/funny/random things, and I've done that for many years. It warms my heart when I come across messages such as this. Thank you for such kind words and sharing memories of Alex. It's a reminder of how many lives he touched, sometimes without realizing it or to what extent. As difficult as it is to be reminded that he's no longer here, I enjoy reading about my son.

With warm regards,
Viper's mom (really!)

I usually just drop in to read all sorts of interesting/funny/random things, and I've done that for many years. It warms my heart when I come across messages such as this. Thank you for such kind words and sharing memories of Alex. It's a reminder of how many lives he touched, sometimes without realizing it or to what extent. As difficult as it is to be reminded that he's no longer here, I enjoy reading about my son.

With warm regards,
Viper's mom (really!)
Hi Genn!

It makes me so happy to see that after all these years you are coming back here to find more positive memories! That's why we're keeping this going!

Regards from Germany,
Thomas

Every time I drive past where Alex and I had lunch I think of him. Not many people can bring people together from all around the world to build a community that transcends so many cultural differences.

One of my older cousins, who used to babysit my brother and I as little kids, has a 22-year-old daughter who just had to have her arm amputated due to a type of bone cancer, and has at least 6 mo of chemo to look forward to. Cancer sucks.