Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

I mean, there's nothing stopping businesses from giving me free gas, either.

...unless maybe it's in the form of high-velocity water balloons...

But, right? Should a grocery store chain no longer be able to give you points for gas discounts?

Should a business no longer have handicapped parking because it's not fair to everyone else?

Should a business not offer its employees child care credits because it's not fair to those without kids?

To be fair, I do "get" the "on government property" thing, since that's tax dollars paying for free charging for only people who can afford $30k+ (and usually at least double that) cars and I at least understand some of the arguments there...but using tax dollars to pay businesses to rip them out? [Insert "Jackie Chan WTF" meme here]

I mean, there's nothing stopping businesses from giving me free gas, either.
...unless maybe it's in the form of high-velocity water balloons...

Its a good basic question why dont they? Its EXPENSIVE! It would be cost prohibitive for many businesses to dig a hole put in a tank and pumps never mind trucking and the actual fuel product which is expensive. Versus a level 2 charger that cost a few hundred to install and with a cheep fuel product that is available at every location with electricity. So they have a more expensive product with inferior delivery infrastructure so they have to attack the users. What is interesting is that despite complaining everyday of my life about the price of gasoline voters agree with this because...

Should a business not offer its employees child care credits because it's not fair to those without kids?

In Colorado we increased our kindergarten to full day and state fund pre-school. We all benefit from community even when that community is through commerce.

To be fair, I do "get" the "on government property" thing, since that's tax dollars paying for free charging for only people who can afford $30k+ (and usually at least double that) cars and I at least understand some of the arguments there...but using tax dollars to pay businesses to rip them out? [Insert "Jackie Chan WTF" meme here]

I would argue community though commerce.

captures_chrome-capture-2022-5-16.png

This is one of the free charging locations I frequent. I often plan an evening going to places around this location. If its full I just park near it. I still go to the same restaurants and bars. Those businesses benefit from being infront of a government building with free charging. Is it fair? No more unfair that some restaurants have beachfront access. Boulder has better access to free charging so I prefer to go there rather than Denver who has more parking limitations.

What happened to let the free market? Do we now stop fast food places from offering a toy with the kids meal? Or a free fry with a sandwich purchase?

It always makes me laugh at how small of a slight it takes for these people to go against everything that they preach!

What happened to let the free market? Do we now stop fast food places from offering a toy with the kids meal? Or a free fry with a sandwich purchase?
If this mall didnt have free charging I would not go to it at all. I have gone to the movie theater at this location because I knew I would have hours of free juice while my eyes were glued the screen.

captures_chrome-capture-2022-5-16 (1).png
It always makes me laugh at how small of a slight it takes for these people to go against everything that they preach!
The only slight is that they have been told electricity is witchcraft and not available to their tribe.

What else to expect from a bunch of hypocrites? The “free market” is an even greater fairytale than trickle down economics; in some cases the believers are like cultists.

What else to expect from a bunch of hypocrites? The “free market” is an even greater fairytale than trickle down economics; in some cases the believers are like cultists.

Where is Level when you need to prove that as fact? lol

Because I cant let go of this

captures_chrome-capture-2022-5-16 (2).png
captures_chrome-capture-2022-5-16 (4).png

There is only one charging station (at the hospital) in his entire district and its not free.

I started to dig a bit it seems the true desire had been to overturn the primary election of Amy A Barela (R) as candidate for G.B. Oliver, III (R) who lost by 15 votes and obviously is a man.

Republicans just hate Republicans now?