Random Thoughts....

I have a soft spot for animals, hate people, love animals, it's the easiest thing in the world really.....
I decided long ago that humanity doesn't deserve dogs.

I took Hank swimming yesterday at my sister's house. While he doesn't immediately hate you for it, or scratch you to try and swim out, he's not thrilled either. I can hold him and he just hangs out, but as soon as he gets a chance, he'll swim out to the edge. Fuckin chill dude doesn't care as long as I'm around....

Why is it that the lowest among us, the double digit IQ's that are built like worms, the ones that get born, grow up thanks to others, breed, hold a no end job and then be a final burden on everybody else by living way to long, the ones that are of no purpose to anyone? Why are those always the most vocal when you call them out on their stupidity? They don't know anything, they have never been anywhere, they don't even haven the mentall strengt to form an opinion that was not shaped by someone else.....they are nothing......yet they have an opinion on things the can't even grasp the most basic concepts off......so infuriating. You are stupid, you are middle of the road, you are as they say in the olden days : square as fuck , and you drive a used toyota....that's ok, the world needs people like you to make up the numbers.... but just SHUT UP AND LET THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE A CLUE HANDLE THINGS.

Last edited:
Why are those always the most vocal when you call them out on their stupidity? They don't know anything, they have never been anywhere, they don't even haven the mentall strengt to form an opinion that was not shaped by someone else.

I take it you’re not yet familiar with the Dunning–Kruger effect?

View attachment 3565350

Trying to catch this trash panda and her son in my attic.

Update. Seemingly setting the trap was enough to scare them away. Almost a week has gone by and there was no sign of them. Although we found that of the three AC vents, they messed up two of the soft ducts. I repaired them tonight.

There's a bit of soffit missing on the back of the house, guess I need to get a siding guy out to fix that.

I take it you’re not yet familiar with the Dunning–Kruger effect?
I am actually, but this is not that, this just feels different....this feels like, I dunno : mice trying to be elephants.

And I know that does not make much sense.

The return of Doc Martens to quasi-coolness is a cold, calculated ploy to keep coco in poverty.

In other news, I have a pair of ridiculous heavy sandals again and I love them. With EXTRA CHONK.

1655779561711.png

The return of Doc Martens to quasi-coolness is a cold, calculated ploy to keep coco in poverty.
It was always burning, it's just the worst returning (Billy Joel).

Docs have never been fully gone, but the expansion of the brand towards sandals, platforms, and other styles have of course opened up new target groups.

Which is why I switched to Solovair, the English-made alternative that still at least smells a bit of working class. Jules, on the other hand, has gorgeous platform Martens...

I remember way back in primary school that every year I'd go shopping for relatively expensive new school shoes with my mother, which fell apart long before I'd had a chance to outgrow them.
One year, while I was staying with my Grandparents as mohter was having an extended hospital stay, they bought me a pair of Docs, and those things lasted several years, well into high school.

It was always burning, it's just the worst returning (Billy Joel).

Docs have never been fully gone, but the expansion of the brand towards sandals, platforms, and other styles have of course opened up new target groups.

Which is why I switched to Solovair, the English-made alternative that still at least smells a bit of working class. Jules, on the other hand, has gorgeous platform Martens...
Yesssss, platforms.

I gotta add height somehow!

My 20-something-year-old Docs sandals from high school just now started to come apart, so it was time.

Pretty much. Been spending all week cleaning up someone else's mess and I'm frickin' done.

Finally just said screw it yesterday to go to the gym and go to bed at a normal hour (albeit waking up now to finish this, ugh) and I feel much, much better.

You have to set those parameters for yourself and stick to them. I'm a big fan of the Zero-Sum response when my boss comes to me with the "one more thing".

Boss: "This Thing needs to get done."
Me: "Okay, that means Other Thing gets delayed 6 weeks."
Boss: "Other Thing needs to be done too."
Me: "Okay, so This Thing is no longer the top priority and it will be done in two months or we can add staff and it will cost X dollars. Which one would meet our needs?"

Never ever break from the Zero Sum. "You want a thing, here is the cost" is always my response. It's amazing how many "Super High Priority Code Red" things suddenly become unimportant when you put completion in terms of money and time instead of just saying "sure" and working 16 hour days.

You have to set those parameters for yourself and stick to them. I'm a big fan of the Zero-Sum response when my boss comes to me with the "one more thing".

Boss: "This Thing needs to get done."
Me: "Okay, that means Other Thing gets delayed 6 weeks."
Boss: "Other Thing needs to be done too."
Me: "Okay, so This Thing is no longer the top priority and it will be done in two months or we can add staff and it will cost X dollars. Which one would meet our needs?"

Never ever break from the Zero Sum. "You want a thing, here is the cost" is always my response. It's amazing how many "Super High Priority Code Red" things suddenly become unimportant when you put completion in terms of money and time instead of just saying "sure" and working 16 hour days.

If it's a customer, I try and priortize or ask for the situation first. Hospital jobs, be it a service call or spare parts, they are priority #1. Food plants are always the noisiest, pay the slowest, and only call when the machine has been broken for days.

I try and tell myself, there is always tomorrow, work will be there. it never ends.

Last edited: