The "Things that annoy me" thread

I’m annoyed by the way that in addition to men, more and more women make me think “Will you please put on some more clothes?”
You old, poor old grumpy man :p

The men can go wherever, but the less clothes woman wear the better! If I was to rule, I would make it law that women under a certain age and a certain BMI go naked on hot days......

Why no I'm not a feminist, how can you tell?

When we were younger we thought that the ideal state had a Manowar Album Cover Dresscode....

75-756022_manowar-the-triumph-of-steel.jpg

Well yess......I mean, what is beauty if it can't be admired? Beauty only exists in the eye of the beholder......so lets behold it? No? I dunno dude, if I had a girl whithin my own parameters I would like her to be naked all the time? No?

Not a jealous man me, that I can say for sure, share the fucking wealth....

You old, poor old grumpy man :p

LOL, nope. I just think that showing off your paper-white flabs and cellulite legs isn’t necessarily a downtown style. OK for the beach, the pool, a party etc., but maybe not for museums, churches and shops. Same for guys in muscle shirts and the like.

The other extreme was that Iranian family member (aunt, IIRC) of a friend of mine who was showing me around Tehran on my first visit there. The mountains to the north of the city are a very popular day trip destination, but walking up there with those ridiculous prescribed clothes was a greater sacrifice than I would ever have asked of her.

I went for a very nice bike ride today, with some very nice and well made bike paths… spoiled by the fact that all that niceness was paid for by this crime against all that is good in the world:
3C0CAEA7-683D-405C-9BFD-9F6B94E472DE.jpeg

This is the Tagebau Hambach, Europes biggest open pit mine (according to German Wikipedia at least), at a total area of up to 85 km2 and a maximum depth of some 400m - putting the lowest point about 300m below sea level. It may be fascinating from a purely technical standpoint, but it’s such a mindboggling atrocity, especially when you’re standing right at the edge of the pit… I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that they’re still extending, still tearing down 1000 year old villages for this crap and burdening an ever higher environmental cost (esp sinking ground water because they have to keep pumping their body hole in the ground enjoy all the time) on the following generations. Ugh. Bastards.

Strangely enough I was looking at that place in awe on Google Maps last week, I was zooming in to Kreuzberg and spotted it. Yes it's incredible from a technical point-of-view but it's insane that such a big mine exists.

There's an error in the elevation data on Google Maps so there's a cliff in the middle. :p

I went for a very nice bike ride today, with some very nice and well made bike paths… spoiled by the fact that all that niceness was paid for by this crime against all that is good in the world:
View attachment 3565419

This is the Tagebau Hambach, Europes biggest open pit mine (according to German Wikipedia at least), at a total area of up to 85 km2 and a maximum depth of some 400m - putting the lowest point about 300m below sea level. It may be fascinating from a purely technical standpoint, but it’s such a mindboggling atrocity, especially when you’re standing right at the edge of the pit… I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that they’re still extending, still tearing down 1000 year old villages for this crap and burdening an ever higher environmental cost (esp sinking ground water because they have to keep pumping their body hole in the ground enjoy all the time) on the following generations. Ugh. Bastards.
Is it profitable? Then it goes, get with the program hippie.

Is it profitable? Then it goes, get with the program hippie.
RWE probably turns a massive (!) profit because for some reason they managed to get the state and society to pay for a bunch of crap (or rather: RWE just isn’t paying for shit they actually should). Like the dropping ground water levels 🤷‍♂️ among others things.

I would like to thank the people on the football field across the street for their constant hollering and shouting that kept me from dozing off on the couch after work today. They made sure I didn’t ruin my night sleep.

RWE probably turns a massive (!) profit because for some reason they managed to get the state and society to pay for a bunch of crap (or rather: RWE just isn’t paying for shit they actually should). Like the dropping ground water levels 🤷‍♂️ among others things.
Welcome to capitalism, don't like it? Leave, I hear Russia is recruiting right now.

Welcome to capitalism, don't like it? Leave, I hear Russia is recruiting right now.

Russia has adopted capitalism. So has China. Blind capitalism is a scourge on humanity and the world.

It's not capitalism if society/government subsidies shoulder the risk and private entities reap the profit. That's theft.

Strangely enough I was looking at that place in awe on Google Maps last week, I was zooming in to Kreuzberg and spotted it. Yes it's incredible from a technical point-of-view but it's insane that such a big mine exists.

There's an error in the elevation data on Google Maps so there's a cliff in the middle. :p

This one is spooky when driving along interstate 294 just before crossing into Indiana.

1655842891432.png

When driving across, you can't see the bottom.

It's not capitalism if society/government subsidies shoulder the risk and private entities reap the profit. That's theft.

Ah, corporate welfare. You are right and wrong. Yes, it is theft, but it is also part of the plan. Anything that companies are allowed to do to maximize profits, they will do to the extent that they think can. They will extort, threaten, smear, and conspire to change laws that constrain the profits they seek. Then they will look at ways to subvert those laws that still exist.

Ah, corporate welfare. You are right and wrong. Yes, it is theft, but it is also part of the plan. Anything that companies are allowed to do to maximize profits, they will do to the extent that they think can. They will extort, threaten, smear, and conspire to change laws that constrain the profits they seek. Then they will look at ways to subvert those laws that still exist.
There's a term for what you describe, and it's "organized crime".

These weeds in my neighbor's back yard. This fence is just under 7ft tall. 😅

The funny thing is that they paved their entire back yard (creating runoff issues with every adjacent lot) to avoid weeds.

Screenshot_20220621-225653_Gallery.jpg

Russia has adopted capitalism. So has China. Blind capitalism is a scourge on humanity and the world.
Yes because peace, love, understanding and handholding has solved so much things.......

I know! let's give everything away and go live in caves wearing animal furs again! That'l help the worlds problems.

The world is a shithole, and humanity is a desease.......might as well reap the benefits.

Yes because peace, love, understanding and handholding has solved so much things.......

I know! let's give everything away and go live in caves wearing animal furs again! That'l help the worlds problems.

The world is a shithole, and humanity is a desease.......might as well reap the benefits.

Pile on the drama! I did say BLIND capitalism. Capitalism needs to be kept on a leash.