Political WTFuckingtosh

The Fox News host Tucker Carlson took a different view, saying on Friday night that Mr. Colbert’s producers had “committed insurrection” at the U.S. Capitol building. “It’s exactly like what happened on Jan 6., so we’ll take a close look at what the punishments are,”

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hri8Tr3Om_g

Can anyone explain to me how this does anyone any good?

Sell them and use the money for something constructive.

Better yet, use the bulldozer to build an off-road park for these folks to use their dirt bikes and ATVs.

Quality of life. It's performative of the regions greater value point. In the case of crushing ATVs that they value quality of life.

View: https://youtu.be/7mmBI3njnlY

View: https://youtu.be/zVT_B4SwBA4
They are not meant for cities. Too loud. Different in the country.

Would love to make a horror movie where a group of rural people visit the big city. They are carjacked call the police and the cop slaps the big gulp from their hand and tells them they better run if they don't want a littering ticket. They run to the hotel where the gay employees kidnap them and take them to experimental theater....

They are not meant for cities. Too loud. Different in the country.

Completely understandable, but let me bend your ear for a second here.

Manufacturers make dirt bikes, 4-wheelers, side by sides, Mustangs, Chargers, Camaros, Challengers, etc. People want to race them, play around with them, but... it's not legal to do so on the streets. Completely agree with this. However, unless people have an outlet for this built up want to do stupid things with motorized wheels, they will flaunt the laws and do it wherever they feel. Street racing, side shows, whatever the groups of dirt bikes and 4-wheelers are doing. This is where NIMBY starts to bother me.

I was at a track in Memphis yesterday, it was a multi-track facility. Beautiful place, 1/4 mile dragstrip, roadcourse and asphalt oval. Sadly the land is worth more as warehouse space than a racing facility. This will have a major impact on the Memphis area. Where people used to go to the track, where it's safer, they now will probably turn to the streets.

I have seen this time and time again. Kansas City, 11 years ago; Houston, closes this year; on and on. It's sad to see any track close and it's worse when the local government actively tries to close them and then later wonders why they have a street racing problem.

Completely understandable, but let me bend your ear for a second here.

Manufacturers make dirt bikes, 4-wheelers, side by sides, Mustangs, Chargers, Camaros, Challengers, etc. People want to race them, play around with them, but... it's not legal to do so on the streets. Completely agree with this. However, unless people have an outlet for this built up want to do stupid things with motorized wheels, they will flaunt the laws and do it wherever they feel. Street racing, side shows, whatever the groups of dirt bikes and 4-wheelers are doing. This is where NIMBY starts to bother me.

I think NYC taxis can't be louder than 70 Decibels. I think that it's a far different place.

I have seen this time and time again. Kansas City, 11 years ago; Houston, closes this year; on and on. It's sad to see any track close and it's worse when the local government actively tries to close them and then later wonders why they have a street racing problem.

I don't think people in NYC could care about street racing if it was below 70 decibels. If you can go a hundred miles an hour for half a block and stop for traffic best of luck. It's the noise echoing through man made canyons that is disturbing.

It doesn't. One of my friends from NYC was screaming "sell them to prop up the city budget, you absolute moron" about this earlier.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/06/25/abortion-protest-officer-gop-punch-providence/

A Providence police officer who was running for state office as a Republican dropped out of the race on Saturday amid a criminal investigation for allegedly punching his Democratic opponent in the face during an abortion protest.

Rhode Island Political Cooperative Chairwoman Jennifer Rourke was among those who spoke at a Friday night protest outside the State House following the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to end the right to abortion. As tensions escalated among protesters and counterprotesters, Rourke, who is running as a Democrat for a state Senate seat in Warwick, R.I., found herself not far from her Republican opponent, Jeann Lugo, a Providence police officer who was off-duty.
Video posted to social media shows people exchanging punches in a chaotic scene. During the fighting, a man who Rourke says is Lugo is seen punching her in the face.

“Last night, after speaking at our Roe rally, my Republican opponent — a police officer — violently attacked me,” Rourke wrote on Twitter. “This is what it is to be a Black woman running for office. I won’t give up.”

May he enjoy his time in jail!