The "Things that annoy me" thread

ffs what is wrong with some people... just came home from a visit to my parents, about 50km of relaxed autobahn at 120km/h. set the bloody car to drive me home and relax, or so you'd think! BUT NO! enter a random belgian in a volvo cabrio shitbox... ofc he has the roof down even on the autobahn without a deflector. clearly has never heard of cruise control or is incapable of setting it, yoyo-ing all over the lanes, wildly varying speed. pull out to overtake? NOPE! he has to floor it, creating an INSANE black cloud because his diesel shitbox is obvisouly broken as fuck. then, if you get back over behind him, he'll just cruise down to 100... rinse and repeat. fucking moron - i hope his broken pos craps out on him.

So, I had tinder shoved upon my person recently, what a load off bullshit, I'm a 42 year old, ugly as fuck, the size of a barn middle ager, an oger, though as nails, manly as fuck, but ugly as sin, and I never pretended to be any different, so I get suggestions about 20 year old beauty queens in bikini along the swimming pool, the kind of woman that spends more time on her looks then her brain, and I'm supposed to believe they 'match' with me? And they want to meet me? Fucking bullshit is all that is......

My old lady neighbour annoys me. She does so with practically everything, but asking me if I changed my hair colour... Yes you old cunt, it's gotten more grey. Now fuck off.

ffs what is wrong with some people... just came home from a visit to my parents, about 50km of relaxed autobahn at 120km/h. set the bloody car to drive me home and relax, or so you'd think! BUT NO! enter a random belgian in a volvo cabrio shitbox... ofc he has the roof down even on the autobahn without a deflector. clearly has never heard of cruise control or is incapable of setting it, yoyo-ing all over the lanes, wildly varying speed. pull out to overtake? NOPE! he has to floor it, creating an INSANE black cloud because his diesel shitbox is obvisouly broken as fuck. then, if you get back over behind him, he'll just cruise down to 100... rinse and repeat. fucking moron - i hope his broken pos craps out on him.

I remember once being tailgated for about 10km by a moron in a rusty Vito. When he finally passes me, first thing he does is to drop the speed down to under the cruise control I haven’t touched in half an hour.

Some people.

Everything at the moment, drowning in paperwork (home sick related) nobody seems to solve anything, they just hit you with more paperwork, asking you the same information you allready gave them 4 times, and they indicate that clearly CLEAR AS DAY in the start of the letter, but no, please fill in the following form, again, have section b filled in by your last employer, again, and whatever department pays your vacationdays, AGAIN.

Then there is my elderly neighbour, he gets up at 4 AM, immeddiatly starts making an incredible goddamn racket on his pigeon loft, proceeds to do this for the entire morning, then spends the afternoon behind the window spying on me not making a peep, he then goes to bed at 6 pm, rinse and repeat, 7 days to 7.

Then there is my elderly neighbour

Sounds like one of my neighbours who seems to be in the process of losing his marbles.

He practices what I call “Ayurvedic Barf Therapy”, which consists of making all sorts of ungodly noises with a variety of the orifices at his disposal. It has been compared to bellowing stags, among other creatures, and of course this tends to be a late-evening open-window activity.

A couple of days ago, my wife reported that she’d seen him taking a shower in the yard, by means of a rubber hose pulled through his bathroom window. Some sort of valve is allegedly “broken”, which explains the need for different shower arrangements, but not the location of such. Naturally, he tried messing with the main valves in the basement, thereby stopping the water to several other apartments in the building.

And then on Saturday night, he just left the water running into the yard for no reason. I was to exhausted to ask WTF he was doing, but thankfully another neighbour obliged and the water stopped shortly thereafter.

Fun times.

Sounds like one of my neighbours who seems to be in the process of losing his marbles.

He practices what I call “Ayurvedic Barf Therapy”, which consists of making all sorts of ungodly noises with a variety of the orifices at his disposal. It has been compared to bellowing stags, among other creatures, and of course this tends to be a late-evening open-window activity.

A couple of days ago, my wife reported that she’d seen him taking a shower in the yard, by means of a rubber hose pulled through his bathroom window. Some sort of valve is allegedly “broken”, which explains the need for different shower arrangements, but not the location of such. Naturally, he tried messing with the main valves in the basement, thereby stopping the water to several other apartments in the building.

And then on Saturday night, he just left the water running into the yard for no reason. I was to exhausted to ask WTF he was doing, but thankfully another neighbour obliged and the water stopped shortly thereafter.

Fun times.

I dunno about mine , there is some crazy there, but I don't think dementia, I've lived next to him for all my life, he is always been crazy and obsessed about his pigeons (he races them, unsuccesfull I might add) but this last couple of years, he starts earlier and earlier 'training' them, he got more and more obsessed and close minded about it, some things he does are downright nuts, like hitting an empty plastic bottle with a wooden stick over and over, this to keep thel from 'landing' early, at 5 in the morning! .....In my opinion it's a combination of beeing very entiteld, not caring about others, having a very small world( he literally does not go outside his house, ever) and just plain crazy obsession.

To give you an idea of his obsession, when he got diagnosed with cancer a few years ago, his first thoughts were not for his wife, or his daughter (social case, can't survive on her own) but of his pigeons, "who will care for them if I die" .......yeah....

Stop bitching about the price of gas. I don't not have a memory of a time that the same people weren't bitching about gas prices. Get a second job, or drive less, or here's an idea get a smaller SUV. I don't give a fuck uncle bitch that you thought you were retired. If you don't want to work then dont drive to family events to bitch. WALK!

Stop bitching about the price of gas. I don't not have a memory of a time that the same people weren't bitching about gas prices. Get a second job, or drive less, or here's an idea get a smaller SUV. I don't give a fuck uncle bitch that you thought you were retired. If you don't want to work then dont drive to family events to bitch. WALK!

These are also the same people (at least for me) that seek advice on what they should buy to save fuel, completely ignore it and buy a bigger SUV or truck despite not needing either. They all seem to do this to keep up with, or impress the Joneses.

These are also the same people (at least for me) that seek advice on what they should buy to save fuel, completely ignore it and buy a bigger SUV or truck despite not needing either. They all seem to do this to keep up with, or impress the Joneses.

"The toddlers can get in a car or van unassisted... I'll buy a lifted SUV... It will give me interesting complaints to share with people to remind them I love being a parent."

Why does my northeastern neighbor still have their Christmas lights up and on each night?

Quoting for reference.

It's 12:30 am, April 2nd and guess what? Still up, still on every night. Will update in a month.

Quoting the quote for reference.

It's 11:00 pm, May 1st and guess what? Still up, still on every night. Will update in a month.

Quoting the quotes for reference to reference the references.

It's 9pm on June 5th and, you guessed it, they are still on every night.

Can't be assed to make these quotes right, but I'm back from vacation, it's July 7th at 9:30 and... the lights are on still.

I started worrying though, they weren't on an hour ago, but it was still just a bit light out. So I guess they are trying to save money on running them now.

They've also repositioned them some, which is weird.

Can't be assed to make these quotes right, but I'm back from vacation and... the lights are on still.

I started worrying though, they weren't on an hour ago, but it was still just a bit light out. So I guess they are trying to save money on running them now.

They've also repositioned them some, which is weird.

Soldiers in the war against happy holidays.

ITS CHRISTMAS OR NOTHING DAMN IT!

Post on a local "buy nothing" group on FB ends with "Priority to soonest pickup!"

3 mintues later, I post "I can come right now! I'm 4 miles away."

Then an hour later I as "If you message me your address, I will head right over. I'm even holding off on having lunch so I won't have to put anything away before i can leave! Thanks in advance.

Then another hour later, I send her a direct message, "Just wanted to make sure you saw my replies to your post. I can come by as soon as I know where to go. Thanks!"

It's now been over an hour after that, and still no response.

Please kindly go fuck yourself if you mow your lawn at 7pm on a Sunday evening.

Sorry. It's easier to do once the sun is no longer trying to kill me and the yard is shaded. Doing it early means it clumps from the dew.

Edit: @93Flareside - Also, I'm not usually the only mowing at this time.

Last edited:

Better at 7 than 9. This is part of the reason why I am looking forward to the next electric future of lawn mowing. That way there is less noise at whatever time people choose to mow.

I’d much rather someone mow at 7pm than 7am, I think I’ve complained about my neighbours using a big old petrol mower for a little garden that absolutely doesn’t justify it before though.

I 100% believe that cordless electric mowers are the right way to go now.

My neighbour (pigeon guy) likes to do it at 7 AM.......not better.