I HATE EVs because...

Momentum57

worships the 2010 Prius like a god
DONOR
Car(s)
It's A HONDA! Clarity Plug In Electric
Always dependable Fox News comments gave me this idea. What are the reasons why people have for HATING another form of propulsion. Check out this article's comments and find the hate that speaks to you.

Screenshot_20220711-095230.png
Screenshot_20220711-095117.png
Screenshot_20220711-095245.png

Seeing as how the pumps at a gas station are electric pumps. Chances are that doesn’t work either.

Seeing as how the pumps at a gas station are electric pumps. Chances are that doesn’t work either.

Screenshot_20220713-194908.png

Well gas powered vehicles have a submarine mode that your EVs don't have and would electrocute you.

EV’s are all DC yes?

The batteries are all DC, but high voltage DC can kill you. That is why electric golf carts are 36 or 48 volt. At 60 things become dangerous. Most current EVs are 400 volt, Porsche uses 800.

With that being said, the battery packs are sealed pretty tight. Most packs also have a fuse of some type in the event of a shortcircuit.

The batteries are all DC, but high voltage DC can kill you. That is why electric golf carts are 36 or 48 volt. At 60 things become dangerous. Most current EVs are 400 volt, Porsche uses 800.

With that being said, the battery packs are sealed pretty tight. Most packs also have a fuse of some type in the event of a shortcircuit.

Voltage is the size of the pipe, amperage is the amount of water that can flow through that pipe. If the amps are there, voltage doesn't care about what crosses your heart. As long as it's left arm to left foot, no problem.

I'm astounded that so many people see gasoline as somehow being apocalypse-proof. Like...you can charge an EV with *anything*. Hell, you could charge it with a hand crank if you really had to. Want to get 100% off-the-grid? You can do it with an EV. With gasoline*, you're still depending on a whole lot: power at the station, a gas station that hasn't run out, and a continuous supply to the station.

*I'll admit, there's a bit more flexibility with diesel...but in the US, there are so few people with diesel cars/trucks anyway.

I'm astounded that so many people see gasoline as somehow being apocalypse-proof. Like...you can charge an EV with *anything*. Hell, you could charge it with a hand crank if you really had to. Want to get 100% off-the-grid? You can do it with an EV. With gasoline*, you're still depending on a whole lot: power at the station, a gas station that hasn't run out, and a continuous supply to the station.

Screenshot_20220714-001512.png

Well snow kills them!

Voltage is the size of the pipe, amperage is the amount of water that can flow through that pipe. If the amps are there, voltage doesn't care about what crosses your heart. As long as it's left arm to left foot, no problem.

Yes, and as the voltage goes higher, the amperage needed goes lower. Even a deep cycle lead acid battery at 60 volts has enough of both to do serious damage to a life form. And going from arm to foot on one side can cause physical damage. But that doesn't happen with DC power, it is looking to complete the circuit, not for ground.

*I'll admit, there's a bit more flexibility with diesel...but in the US, there are so few people with diesel cars/trucks anyway.

Stop poking holes in every apocalyptic movie with cars ever!

Unrepairable battery :sick:
Quick question on that: how many batteries, do you think, a) need to be repaired (in what kind of time frame) and b) actually do get repaired instead of recycled or re-used (with potentially lowered capacity)?
To me, this is simply not a relevant issue at all...

Quick question on that: how many batteries, do you think, a) need to be repaired (in what kind of time frame) and b) actually do get repaired instead of recycled or re-used (with potentially lowered capacity)?
To me, this is simply not a relevant issue at all...

Screenshot_20220714-112734.png

Not only will they all need to be replaced the used batteries will be dumped in your childrens play areas and public pools!

I don’t like feeling forced into the EV thing. Make them affordable for people who make less than 100,000/yr and then we’ll talk.

Ah, FUD the thread...