The "Things that annoy me" thread

Bagels were bought, but no cream cheese... WTF???

I was in a morning meeting once where they brought bagels, put them out, and only had mayo. The bagels were meant for lunch deli-style sandwiches, but they thought they'd be "nice" and put some out early.

I was in a morning meeting once where they brought bagels, put them out, and only had mayo. The bagels were meant for lunch deli-style sandwiches, but they thought they'd be "nice" and put some out early.

Mayo? Ewww!

One of our cars, a couple times a week, the radio forgets what station/source it was last on, and drops back down to 88.7 FM, which is a local Christian radio station.

Yesterday, I turned on the car and I thought it was NPR talking about the Webb's photos until... "...and after taking in the astounding beauty of what these photos captured, I gathered my children with me, and we wept together when I realized that our Lord created all of this unimaginable beauty, and still makes time to personally love and bless me, my children, and all of you, individually."

The most annoying part, is that I couldn't change it. I had already shifted into reverse byt the time the radio kicked in, so the infotainment screen was fully taken over by the back-up camera. Then, even after I shifted into "D", the menu popped up about not intereacting with the screen or devices while driving, and then the screen was still taken up by the proximity parking sensor display until you hit 20mph, which didn't happen until I got to the end of the block, and made my first turn. It's like a missionary had their foot in my door and I couldn't close it. :wall:

This is why I hate stereoes that start play automatically. Any song in your music library that starts with A or 1 or both. I hate the existence of A V H by Ozzy Osbourne.

This is why I hate stereoes that start play automatically. Any song in your music library that starts with A or 1 or both. I hate the existence of A V H by Ozzy Osbourne.

I even tried to beat the system in my car. I put a short 5-second blank mp3 in there, and titled it with 111.mp3 and put "111" as the artist, song title and album, so it'd always come first. And it does. But that 5 seconds isn't long enough for the system to index more than the next track, so it would go to the first song anyway. The only way to "beat" it would be to have, like, a 1 minute long silent track...but then you know it'd scare the shit out of you when a song would randomly kick in after 1 minute of silence, especially if it was turned up a bit. :lmao:

Reminds me of Apple's legendary "Free U2 Album" disaster.

I can eat Mayo with a spoon like yogurt. It’s good.
Pre-dinner snack? It’s good for you!

B16EDF0D-2BDF-4F25-96B8-6A3CF4977B72.gif

I miss ROSMT.

I like my bagels toasted with cheese between the two halves, eaten like a sandwich. Then tomato chutney on the side to dip.

Reminds me of Apple's legendary "Free U2 Album" disaster.

14:38 onwards, as the forum doesn't handle YouTube time links.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MwbfdHQh8Q&t=876s

Last edited:
the skin thats right at the base where my thumb nail goes in, the cuticle? I get bits of skin that come up and if I graze it with my finger or something it feels like I need to tear it off, but I know that's not good, so I just fondle it.

Yep I know that too. Nibble or cut, sometimes tear off by mistake and bleed a bit. Got to be better (or less worse) than biting the actual fingernails.

Interesting, no worky in Chrome. If it works then that's a bonus!

What some people, (mostly men) do to a bathroom, jeezes........stink up the place to nausiating levels, shit everywhere, I mean what do you people EAT anyway? This is usually elderly boomers, they just don't give a shit, leave a lavatory smiling while the cloud of stench just follows them.......at least use some febreze you degenerate! Fucking entiteld generation......

What some people, (mostly men) do to a bathroom, jeezes........stink up the place to nausiating levels, shit everywhere, I mean what do you people EAT anyway? This is usually elderly boomers, they just don't give a shit, leave a lavatory smiling while the cloud of stench just follows them.......at least use some febreze you degenerate! Fucking entiteld generation......

DFW airport bathroom during the pandemic I'm going into the stalls and the guy two stalls down is taking off his mask. I spent the entire shit mocking him saying of places to leave a mask on the men's room next to Pappasito's Cantina tops that list.

Obviously, glass shards went everywhere.
It's been a week.
No one cared. Glass shards are scattered further and further each day, and I am considering sweeping and picking them up, because every time I walk by it annoys me.
On the other hand, they really look right at home with all the cigarette butts, dot shit and random scattered trash on the ground.
If you feel the street sweeping and other things isn't adequate in your area, you can try and reach out to the City via this site/app (you have to be willing to identify yourself... anonymous submissions were possible in the past and I'm guessing that got... problematic).

Appliances with stainless steel that doesn't have a fingerprint-resistant coating.

I'm looking at an oven that has every feature I want, and the price is good. It's not fingerprint resistant. There's a seemingly identical model right next to it, and it's fingerprint resistant, and a little cheaper...but it's missing the convection feature. Why you do dat, GE?!

One may think I'm overreacting, but while in the store, I touched my thumb to my forehead, and touched the control panel to put a spot on it. They weren't able to clean off the spot. My microwave is fingerprint resistant on the whole face. But it isn't on the handle, and the handle is spotty and streaky no matter how we clean it, and we've only had it a couple of months.

Last edited:
Appliances with stainless steel that doesn't have a fingerprint-resistant coating.

I'm looking at an oven that has every feature I want, and the price is good. It's not fingerprint resistant. There's a seemingly identical model right next to it, and it's fingerprint resistant, and a little cheaper...but it's missing the convection feature. Why you do dat, GE?!

One may this I'm overreacting, but while in the store, I touched my thumb to my forehead, and touched the control panel to put a spot on it. They weren't able to clean off the spot. My microwave is fingerprint resistant on the whole face. But it isn't on the handle, and the handle is spotty and streaky no matter how we clean it, and we've only had it a couple of months.

It's not overreacting. We bought a set the microwave the dishwasher the oven all fingerprint resistant the matching refrigerator every touch might as well be lime green

People who post rants about the general state of things ("most of us") on social media and if you dare to disagree with their rant, slap you with a "you don't know about my situation and I intend to keep it private, so why don't you just refrain from commenting?"

Either keep your shit private, or if you have to vent in public, at least not make it a broad generalization. Since otherwise people will read a general statement as general and comment in ways you might not like.