Abortion

WTF? A 16-year old isn't "mature enough" to get an abortion? Conversely you could say she shouldn't be mature enough to be a mom, right? This is so f'ed up... :-?

Florida abortion law requires parents to consent before a minor can have an abortion. But underage teens can also circumvent the consent requirement by asking for a waiver from a state circuit court judge. According to the appeal court’s decision, the teen’s guardian supports the teen’s wish to get an abortion.
What more do you need to get an abortion? Her guardian supports the wish, why can two courts deny it?

WTF? A 16-year old isn't "mature enough" to get an abortion? Conversely you could say she shouldn't be mature enough to be a mom, right? This is so f'ed up... :-?

What more do you need to get an abortion? Her guardian supports the wish, why can two courts deny it?

She will be 17 when the kid is born so she will mature by then./sarcasm

"Do not get pregnant in Texas."

I don't think I've seen a video that's nailed the absolute bleakness of the situation here quite as well as this one. Even women who want children are running into issues because of the ban. The verbiage for what is allowed and when is vague, because of course it is—people who have no idea what the hell they're talking about rammed it through. So, doctors are finding themselves having to err on the side of extreme caution, which means that the women they should be serving have to be in extreme distress before they can get appropriate care.

I guess we need to stop comparing my state to the Taliban when it comes to abortion. Turns out, we're worse!

(Also, that's a pretty interesting read on how some of the broader anti-Muslim barbs that creep into The Discourse aren't acutally accurate.)

Last edited:
Should be legal for countries that have

- a fertility rate of more than 2.1 births per mother

- should be free for couples earning minimum wage or less

- should be allowed when the father is DNA related to the mother

- should be allowed after incidents of rape

- should be allowed when the mother is under 18yo

I really hate being sent US abortion issues by old people for reasons that

- I am not a US citizen

- I have no interest in having an abortion in the US

- It's the US!

We are hitting 8 billion people by November and if you have concerns on climate change then you should know it is connected to over population.

During the time of Christ the worldwide population was 0.3 billion and they did not have mass extinction of flora and fauna.

If the dinosaurs did not go extinct then mammals (that includes us humans) would not have a fighting chance to evolve and dominate the Earth.

Last edited:
Yeah—it's genuinely terrifying here. I don't blame anyone looking towards permanent contraception if "not having kids" is the reason they're on the more conventional stuff. I'm genuinely worried that they're going to mess with access to contraceptives next, which I use to regulate some things that simply don't work right off them.

That's a major reason why "open to relocation" has been "no, really, very open to relocation" this time in my job search. My issue is more "stuff's broken" vs. "worried about pregnancy," so I really need the regular contraceptives to stay legal. Everything else here is pretty nice, personally speaking, but I can't afford to have other health issues crop up because some fascist dingbat with no background in medicine and no desire to listen to medical professionals wants to ban meds that my body needs to function in a tolerable manner.

It's bad for the state! I know smart people who will not move here and will not let their kids go to college here as a result. We're going to see a brain drain the further on down the stupid-hole this goes.

Yeah—it's genuinely terrifying here. I don't blame anyone looking towards permanent contraception if "not having kids" is the reason they're on the more conventional stuff. I'm genuinely worried that they're going to mess with access to contraceptives next, which I use to regulate some things that simply don't work right off them.

That's a major reason why "open to relocation" has been "no, really, very open to relocation" this time in my job search. My issue is more "stuff's broken" vs. "worried about pregnancy," so I really need the regular contraceptives to stay legal. Everything else here is pretty nice, personally speaking, but I can't afford to have other health issues crop up because some fascist dingbat with no background in medicine and no desire to listen to medical professionals wants to ban meds that my body needs to function in a tolerable manner.

It's bad for the state! I know smart people who will not move here and will not let their kids go to college here as a result. We're going to see a brain drain the further on down the stupid-hole this goes.

Mobilize.us