The "Things that annoy me" thread

You know those annoying automated "top 10" or "Best Products" YouTube channels, where it's just a compilation of computer-read specs and reviews?

I was looking for pill grinders.

Then I came upon this, and it made me laugh out loud:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUKxrk1b4gg

People that think the loading zone at hardware stores is their personal shaded parking area. No fucking reason to park your Challenger there Paco.
Or halfway on the curb in front of the doors of the gas station, partially blocking both the store's entrance, and the traffic gettound around those two nearby pumps. You do that if I'm working there, and I will be assuming you're going to try to rob the place, and you've strategically parks your obstacle/getaway car, and you are not going to like how I react to that hunch. :lmao:

So today there was a home inspection done for the new owners of my house and the joker to run the radon test was there.

I come back 7 hours later to my house boiling and the A/C units running. Home needs to be closed up for a few days to validate the test, but some asshat turned the heat to max and turned the A/C on. Dipshits.

Netherlands:
trains on time, rail replacement bus service better than expected, plenty of check in/check out terminals for the nationwide contactless fare card

Germany:
Dutch train from NL to DE crosses the border and stops dead for five minutes, exactly the time I had to catch my next train in Aachen. I still catch it because for once, it was a change just across the platform. But of course, the check out terminals for the Dutch card are in the station hall (Who needs them on the platform for a quick tap, right? 🙄) so now I will probably be charged a maximum fare and have to apply for a refund.

God, I hate this country’s car obsession & public transport ignorance.

But of course, the check out terminals for the Dutch card are in the station hall (Who needs them on the platform for a quick tap, right? 🙄) so now I will probably be charged a maximum fare and have to apply for a refund.
there are dutch check-out terminals here*? :eek: my reaction probably tells you all you need to know about how long it's been since i've been to the station...

[* at the office today, so: aachen]

God, I hate this country’s car obsession & public transport ignorance.
While I remember and maybe slightly OT but is there an easy-to-read map of German autobahns with two or three lanes? I haven't driven extensively in Germany but from @Eye-Q 's hyperlapse it seems like a lot are two lane and that's surprising to me.

We have lots of fast two lane roads here too but they are a different class of road entirely (with different restrictions). Could be the same and I'm just ignorant, happy to be corrected.

Only IIRC and AFAIK, I didn’t have time to check. But they need to be there because the Dutch say you can use their cards until Aachen.
Yeah makes sense ofc… the kinda have to be there if there’s a Dutch train coming into Aachen 🤷‍♂️ I just never realized and didn’t expect ze Germans to accept one of those strange and modern machines in zeir clean ant proper Bahnhof!

is there an easy-to-read map of German autobahns with two or three lanes?
Yes, kind of. Autobahnatlas Online is a privately operated website that collects this kind of information. Sadly it's only in German and some years behind with their design. So click on "Karten", have a look at the "Legende" and then click on one of the links above that. It's a PDF map with colour-coding of how many lanes there are.
This should be readable with very limited German skills.

While I remember and maybe slightly OT but is there an easy-to-read map of German autobahns with two or three lanes?

Really not OT because my view is that driving should be an option and ideally a fun one. Which, in terms of motorway lanes, means that three shall be the number thou shalt count.

Yes, kind of. Autobahnatlas Online is a privately operated website that collects this kind of information. Sadly it's only in German and some years behind with their design. So click on "Karten", have a look at the "Legende" and then click on one of the links above that. It's a PDF map with colour-coding of how many lanes there are.
This should be readable with very limited German skills.
That's a good site and makes perfect sense.
Really not OT because my view is that driving should be an option and ideally a fun one. Which, in terms of motorway lanes, means that three shall be the number thou shalt count.
Yes, so you don't have two lanes both occupied by trucks doing the same speed. Not at the expense of a shoulder, like they're doing with the 'smart' motorways here.

Our sign is less fun and rare (I live near one of the only places 'trailling' this idea - for like 10 years) but no less welcome.

1660848307738.png

Our sign is less fun and rare (I live near one of the only places 'trailling' this idea - for like 10 years) but no less welcome.

View attachment 3566338
I think you should make a new thread about "rare" or "obscure" road/traffic signs, and that one could kick it off. :)

My dog licked my eye. Eye 👁️

This was done while I was restraining her in my lap. I think she did it intentionally. She is obviously an evil genius because I let her go.

I was slimy. It still feels slimy.

I think you should make a new thread about "rare" or "obscure" road/traffic signs, and that one could kick it off. :)
I like this idea, I will find some additional ones.

My dog licked my eye. Eye 👁️
That's disgusting! You do know where that tongue has been. :ROFLMAO:

My mother is allergic to dog licks, I wonder how much of a disaster this would've been for her.