The "Things that annoy me" thread

House hunting.

Me and girlfriend_70s are looking to move in together, into a house/flat that has 2 bedrooms, a driveway and a garden.

This is already pushing our £1000 a month max rental budget but even with us being both greedy and poor the whole renting a property thing is fucking miserable. Most stuff lasts 3-4 days on the market. Listed on day 1, a day of viewings on days 2 or 3, then a decision is made as to who gets it. With us both working full time jobs this makes getting in there early a pain in the arse. Plus the fact that people will now offer over the stated rental payment without even viewing to get a place.

Also the estate agents are fucking useless. I know that the market is as such that you don't need to try and shift a property. You could list a place with a single photo taken on a potato and have 200,000 people enquiring, but fuck me they're a nightmare to deal with. Usually goes something like this: You enquire if it'd be possible to view a property. They ask for every detail about you from your life history to shoe size. Radio silence.

Girlfriend_70s messaged about a place the other day, 24hrs after the message was sent they asked for more details about us, which was replied to within 30 mins. Another 14hrs late there is a reply "still available", ask to arrange a viewing immediately. Radio silence.

Everyone around me "has allergies." That sucks! Austin is apparently at just the right spot where every allergic irritant blows together, so everyone complains all the time about their allergies and shrugs off every sniffle, sneeze and cough as "allergies." Is it worse? "Oh, my allergies are just bad today." Cool story, bro, but if you feel worse than usual, can you not stay home? Go to a doctor? Rest up until it's better? (Trick question: This is America, and our toxic attitude towards work and oppressively expensive healthcare "system" also say no.)

I don't have allergies. I caught something from someone somewhere, and instead of getting my 4354651252-mile-long to-do list done, somewhere, somehow along the way, I picked up someone's annoying sniffles and can't breathe out of my nose right now.

"Oh, my allergies are just bad today" is so ingrained in Austin's entire culture as a city that I don't even know who to point a finger at because I'd need a million fingers for everyone around me who has allergies. It might be the single worst part of living here that isn't related to our retrograde politics, even over high housing costs or insufferable crypto dorks: everybody constantly brushing off their drippy noses as "ah, it's just allergies" no matter how bad it gets.

Of course I know we've learned nothing over the past couple years—again, this is America, where if anything we've devolved into an even more reckless cesspit of germs than we were before. But for crap's sake, could y'all at not least hang back a bit more when you have ""bad allergies"" that might not just be allergies? Colds are still a thing, and still suck big ol' schweddy donkey balls. Take the L, order in delivery, and have a nice nap at home if you can. If you can't, hang back more from people or whip a mask back out, if you must. But don't just be like, "nah, it's fine, it's just allergies" when you're obviously not fine!

I'm gonna roll over and nap, but this rant has been stewing for a while now and I just needed to vent, dammit. Keep your "allergy" boogers to yourselves, please!!!

Last edited:
This fucking foot, is fucking killing me, I can walk with a limp just not to far, I can't do what's needed around the house, I can't really go anywhere, I' cant help at the animal shelter eventhough the paperwork is finally ok, I can't go on the road towards a next job, I can't do anything......I.HAVE. FUCKING. HAD. ENOUGH........I AM SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF BEEING HELD HOSTAGE BY A BONE THE SIZE OF A FUCKING POSTAGE STAMP.

AAAARGHHHH!

This fucking foot, is fucking killing me, I can walk with a limp just not to far, I can't do what's needed around the house, I can't really go anywhere, I' cant help at the animal shelter eventhough the paperwork is finally ok, I can't go on the road towards a next job, I can't do anything......I.HAVE. FUCKING. HAD. ENOUGH........I AM SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF BEEING HELD HOSTAGE BY A BONE THE SIZE OF A FUCKING POSTAGE STAMP.

AAAARGHHHH!

Got any old Top Gear episodes to watch? That’s always helped me switch off for a while.

Got any old Top Gear episodes to watch? That’s always helped me switch off for a while.
I have all off them......watched them all.......fuck dude, I havent eaten the entire day, to lazy and angry to order up takeaway............I fucking hate this!

My annoyance today: how mad I get about politics, especially our current government and their blatant and open taking the piss… who do they think they’re kidding? I always thought this was mostly CDU things, but it’s across all parties now: how fucking dumb do they think their population is???

dont get me wrong, that’s not what annoys me… what annoys me is how I actually still give a fuck and haven’t gone 100% cynic about it all yet. Would be healthier for sure…

also cowboy: get some food into you, I bet things will look up, at least a bit!

It’s quite the assortment of BS coming out of Berlin…
That really is part of it… the sheer volume! Feels like „what else could we do that’s insanely dumb but we will get away with anyway?“.

Today it was the actual list of companies that put their name down for the Gasumlage. Come to think of it: THE FRIGGIN GASSSUMLAGE. The complete and utter failure of Scholz as Chancellor and leader (everything coming out of him is too late and way too often STILL just turns out plain wrong). The greens losing all pretense of having a proper compass. The bloody news today about GREEN HYDROGEN FROM CANADA! (What green hydrogen?? Who do you even think you’re kidding?? T WTF).

Again, volume! Every single day there’s at least two of these things that slowly drive me insane! And that in turn annoys me even more: why do I still give a fuck? They’ve all proven by now that they’re useless idiots missing any proper compass, in large part and across all parties acting straight up corrupt and in the pocket of certain large corporations - and they’re not even trying to hide it. Why can’t I just write them all off as a total loss, mentally, and bathe in blissful ignorance of their bullshit?

...meanwhile, the whole world is going crazy about our prime minister getting drunk with friends on a Saturday night.

...meanwhile, the whole world is going crazy about our prime minister getting drunk with friends on a Saturday night.

When was the last time a high-ranking official was young enough to continue partying?

When was the last time a high-ranking official was young enough to continue partying?
Exactly. Half the people are wondering how someone as young as her can even be elected, for the other half that's a scandal in itself so they are grasping at everything that could be twisted into making her look bad.

At least she wasn't caught wearing a beige suit, or *gasp* eating ice cream.

The Daily Show had a spot-on reaction from our end: holy crap, you can elect leaders who don't have one foot in the grave?! HOW DO WE GET THAT?!?!!!??? (~7 minutes in)

View: https://youtu.be/adi0WETopik?t=420
I think the only issue is whether or not someone could cover any emergencies that arise, and it sounds like everything was fine. A video of a woman partying doesn't show or imply incapacitation to me the same way it must to old nerds who don't remember their 30s. Everyone, including government officials, needs to do something that isn't their job to blow off steam, for Pete's sake.

Buying a t-shirt, har or a bag with a brand name doesn't really bother me all that much (except for things like the "Supreme" brand ridiculousness), but I just stumbled across the "Mini Brands" toy line, and it kind of blows my mind.

Buying a t-shirt, har or a bag with a brand name doesn't really bother me all that much (except for things like the "Supreme" brand ridiculousness), but I just stumbled across the "Mini Brands" toy line, and it kind of blows my mind.
I find those quite cute, as kids me and my sister had mini, empty cereal boxes from those variety packs.

I was hoping there could be a mini Ford dealership or something, with its own 10-page option sheet and a script about warranties.

I find those quite cute, as kids me and my sister had mini, empty cereal boxes from those variety packs.
Fair, but I see a major distinction.

The difference is that you were collecting a narrow niche of things you liked. But what if you had to buy them in sets of 3 or more, and not only would you not even know which specific ones you'd get because they were a "surprise" type toy, but also the cereal boxes were just a small selection of items which also included things like Hellman's Mayonaise, a Mounds bar, a Subway sandwich, and Tide laundry detergent. Where the purpose of this line is to get people to buy waaaaaaaaaaay more than they ever would otherwise, to get the set they might really want. The whole marketing around them is a like M.U.S.C.L.E. figures or hotwheels, for the "collect them all"-ness, but with the extra layer of loot-box scumminess.

How ze føck does an 86 year old man manage to switch the audio output of my AVR from surround speakers to integrated (into the connected screen) speakers without even finding a way to switch that screen on? 🤪