Let's have a laugh

Isn't there a court ruling that basically says that by accepting a pardon that they are admitting to the crime? That would invoke the 14th amendment and keep Trump from running for office.

I don't really think that he should be pardoned, but it would be a giant F U to him to force himself into not being able to run for office again.

There's also the line of thinking that pardoning Nixon created the environment in the U.S. where we in the US believe that charging leadership with crimes is something that only happens in "shithole countries" even though it happens all over the developed world, leading directly to Trump and "Pro-America" conservatives believing he can pretty much get away with anything.

Last edited:
There's also the line of thinking that pardoning Nixon created the environment in the U.S. where we in the US believe that charging leadership with crimes is something that only happens in "shithole countries"

Isn’t the prevention of “another Watergate” the main reason why Faux News exists?

Isn’t the prevention of “another Watergate” the main reason why Faux News exists?
I propose we start using the "______-a-Lago" format for scandals to replace the "______-Gate" format.

Y'know, we pushed the last king over this country out for good reason...I don't think that's a title you'd want in 'murica.

Y'know, we pushed the last king over this country out for good reason...I don't think that's a title you'd want in 'murica.

To be honest, it might be worth having a head of state that isn’t also your head of government. The current king-pro-tempore POTUS is one of the strange old-fashioned things in US politics.

To be honest, it might be worth having a head of state that isn’t also your head of government. The current king-pro-tempore POTUS is one of the strange old-fashioned things in US politics.
George Washington and his dead cherry tree or whatever are definitely spinning in their graves, I know that much.

I know this is old hat for this sort of thing, but I always have to roll my eyes...

I get a lot of Trump's and "Win Red" fundraising emails, and they are always like "We URGENTLY need to know about our support from important local leaders like yourself, to strategies for the upcoming midterms. Please complete this URGENT survey!"

And then you get to the last question, and it's:

Screenshot_20220827-110505_Samsung Internet.jpg

I know this is old hat for this sort of thing, but I always have to roll my eyes...

I get a lot of Trump's and "Win Red" fundraising emails, and they are always like "We URGENTLY need to know about our support from important local leaders like yourself, to strategies for the upcoming midterms. Please complete this URGENT survey!"

And then you get to the last question, and it's:

View attachment 3566513

That is a trap for the stupid, like are you still beating your wife? Well, are you?! lol

That is a trap for the stupid, like are you still beating your wife? Well, are you?! lol

"Raise your hand if you have tried sugar, or PCP."

The other scum-tastic thing is that when you get to the next steps where you check a box or click a button to proceed, they have the box for "automatic monthly contribution" checked by default, and you have to opt OUT. It's a constant theme among nearly every "the right" fund-raising email, and the opposite of almost every similar "the left" fundraising email I've come across.

And funny thing about that... https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/26/us/politics/winred-investigation-republican-fundraising.html