The "Things that annoy me" thread

Fair, but I see a major distinction.

The difference is that you were collecting a narrow niche of things you liked. But what if you had to buy them in sets of 3 or more, and not only would you not even know which specific ones you'd get because they were a "surprise" type toy, but also the cereal boxes were just a small selection of items which also included things like Hellman's Mayonaise, a Mounds bar, a Subway sandwich, and Tide laundry detergent. Where the purpose of this line is to get people to buy waaaaaaaaaaay more than they ever would otherwise, to get the set they might really want. The whole marketing around them is a like M.U.S.C.L.E. figures or hotwheels, for the "collect them all"-ness, but with the extra layer of loot-box scumminess.
Oh I missed the whole 'blind bag' nature of them, yes that's properly scummy.

How ze føck does an 86 year old man manage to switch the audio output of my AVR from surround speakers to integrated (into the connected screen) speakers without even finding a way to switch that screen on? 🤪
I 3D printed a cover for the buttons on the TV/monitor my parents use with their PC so the only exposed button is the power button. Otherwise they would constantly change the source or get stuck in a menu and be unable to figure it out. At the time they would've only been 60 and 62. :ROFLMAO:

I 3D printed a cover

Speaking of which, is it possible to 3D print with transparent material and would you make a lid for my KitchenAid bowl? They don’t sell one for the odd size I bought, so I’ve been meaning to ask for a while.

And so I remain on topic: yup, not being able to simply buy the damn thing annoys me. :mrgreen:

12 packs of 12oz cans of soft drinks used to be arranged in a 3x4 can layout. Two decades ago, Coke introduced the "Fridge Pack", in a 6x2 layout.

Amusingly, these "fridge packs" don't actually fit in many refrigerators. They are too deep for all but two of the counter-depth refrigerators at the showroom (I brought an empty box to test).

Even more annoyingly, the freezer compartments are 11-7/8" deep compartments...while most of the main-brand frozen pizzas are 12".

:hammer: :wall:

Edit: Found something else. In their display, the door storage bins look like they held two 1/2 gallon juice/milk cartons, side by side. But, no. Looking at the photo I took, they were sneaky and used 52oz cartons, rather than the ubiquitous 64oz / 1/2 gallon standard cartons. Two "normal" cartons won't actually fit side-by-side.

Last edited:
People that don't know how #Hash tags#work #.

People that don't know how #Hash tags#work #.
Even worse: people that unironically use hashtags outside of social media… I work in innovation management so I’m used to a LOT of bullshit (honestly you wouldn’t believe it), but I just can’t get over the fact that people „describe themselves in three hashtags“ or include a hashtag in the title of their conference. AND THEY ALWAYS FULLY PRONOUNCE IT. hashtag cringe. :|

Thing that annoys me: how so many Christians can't wrap their mind around the fact that an atheist is someone who doesn't believe a god exists, and isn't someone who actually believes in God (because everyone does), but specifically chooses to intentionally go against "him" and has anger towards "him".

I actually wrote a lot more, but I just deleted it, and will leave the above comment as is to avoid a rant. :lmao:

The annoying thing is my first name is Christian and I’m anything but. 😂

Even worse: people that unironically use hashtags outside of social media… I work in innovation management so I’m used to a LOT of bullshit (honestly you wouldn’t believe it), but I just can’t get over the fact that people „describe themselves in three hashtags“ or include a hashtag in the title of their conference. AND THEY ALWAYS FULLY PRONOUNCE IT. hashtag cringe. :|

Ugh, yeah...that's super annoying. Nearly is bad as when someone verbally spells out the letters "L.O.L.". I can forgive "O.M.G." as a shorthand exclamation, and a veil of politeness to avoid potentially offending someone with such blasphemous language 😅, but "LOL" is "laughing out loud" so saying "laughing out loud" reminds me of that Hercules TV show scene where the actor mistook an acting direction as dialog, and randomly shouts "Disappointed!"

Depending on my mood I may or may not find humor in someone pronouncing "ROFLMAO" as a word, said like "RAH-full-MAO".

Finding a pair of sneakers. While I do find shopping for clothes fun, when it comes to shoes, I like to keep things fairly simple and hassle-free. Ergo, my last pair of shoes were a pair of gray-ish Reeboks that I've had for two years. However, the soles became so worn-out (especially in heel area) that one even has a small hole in it.

I'm still at my folks' place, so the selection of shoes here isn't great, but today I've been to Zagreb, and I couldn't find anything either. Everything either costs more than I'm willing to pay, doesn't meet my criteria, or doesn't exist in my size.

While I set out with the idea that I'd find another pair of grey leather (or pleather, to be more precise, for budgetary reasons) sneakers, I'm binning the idea, I've actually asked on Reddit for recommendation, as I'm willing to try out a new style, if that means finding shoes easier. But I've looked into multiple stores, including an Adidas outlet, as well as looked online, to no avail.

I just want a simple, versatile sneaker that will withstand rain and that preferably isn't white or all black, all for a reasonable price. Am I asking too much?

Oh, and I started writing this last night, when I posted on Reddit: apparently, I've unwillingly caused a bit of Reddit drama, with people discussing boots vs sneakers.

I'm the same way with sneakers. I don't think I'm picky with my needs, but I will look at hundreds and try on many before settling for ones I don't like. My current ones are pretty OK, but they have the kind of sole I hate, so...meh.

I wear only leather shoes. Got running shoes for, well, running, and a pair of black Van's for the one occasion where I don't want to wear leather shoes.

just want a simple, versatile sneaker that will withstand rain and that preferably isn't white or all black, all for a reasonable price. Am I asking too much?
Seems like it, yeah… same here, really, minus the black. I’d be happy with that, but that doesn’t seem to exist either (or without some utterly ridiculous sole that looks like it’s from 5th element ffs).

also: just let me buy all black onitsuka tiger mexico 66s again please! Not available anywhere, irrespective of price! so in the meantime I went, against better judgement, with a white pair… with the expectation that they’ll be grey-ish soon enough :p

todays annoyance: the bloody touchpad on my old dell xps13 laptop is acting up. maybe this is just all the more unfiruating and apparent, because for far it's been an absolute dream - no erratic inputs, gestures worked fine, all dandy. but today? random cuts out entirely, also leading to erratic "clicks" while scrolling through stuff, thus randomly opening links in twitter and the like. UGHGHGHGH!!! FIX YOURSELF YOU PIECE OF CRAP! well anyway I again haven't used the machine in like 6 weeks, so we'll see how the obligatory reboot because of too many missed windows updates goes and whether that fixes things. still annoying though.

Last edited:
Just one reboot? Have they stopped providing updates for the updates of the “comprehensive update” you’ve just installed?
Tbh I just told the dell Software to also install some uefi update and just left it 🤷‍♂️ Will see tomorrow whether it survived… but for some reason it never bricked itself, yet (I’m still always anxious seeing bios/uefi update itself). Also yes, one of those updates was a large feature thing, which itself already performs more than one reboot (but only asks once), afaik…

Another annoyance of mine: moving places. After basically a month (with pauses, but still), we're still not fully set. I need a desk, for example.

Oh, FWIW, I went with white sneakers in the end. Not my first choice, but they look good. For now. Which they won't in a week's time.

The Dell discussion amuses me, it's just Dell stuff I suppose. They're recently stopped including some important drivers in their driver packs so newly imaged machines rely on using built-in W10 21H2 drivers or getting them online automatically, apparently that isn't 100% reliable or even consistent. Remember how XP used to be hit and miss with downloading drivers?

I find shoe shopping annoying at the best of times, I rarely find something I like but fortunately my feet are only slightly odd (a little wide) so I can usually get away with my usual size in whatever I buy. Usually a trail running/walking/hiking shoe of some kind as I like the touch construction. My current Skechers Escape Plan are probably the least rugged actually but still better than a sneaker.

I refuse to go into shops to try these, I would go in and try work shoes when I used to wear them but the last time I bought some that were comfortable they started eating my heels within a week.

Edit: I forgot, I was looking at Onitsuka Tiger, not my style but very recognisable and I reckon most Takeshi's Castle contestants wore their trainers. I came across these. WTF?!

1662111982196.png

I think someone at the company must've stood in some horse shit and they went with the idea. If you can't walk on water while wearing these I will be very disappointed. Lots of different styles with this 'sole' including boots.

Last edited:
Remember how XP used to be hit and miss with downloading drivers?
knowing MS, the module that actually does this is probably still the exact same thing in W11 still :| so yeah, I can imagine that to be a dumpster fire and certainly not something you want to rely on.

Watching YouTube on the smart TV and Hertz has seemingly bought all the ads for any remotely car related video. As an example, I watched the Roadkill T-37 video that is about 34 minutes long and seen the same ad about 7 times. I also seen the same ad in at least 3 other videos, about 13 times in total over an hour. YouTube, you are killing your service by driving users away.

My neighbor is selling his house. This should not be a problem for me, but potential buyers keep coming to ask me questions. Over the last week, 3 people have come to my door to ask questions about his house. There is a sign out front with the information you need, figure it out. You should probably buy a different house because you are an idiot and I don't want you as a neighbor.

Youtube Premium user here. I watch a lot of youtube (who doesn’t?) and paying to get rid of the ads is so worth it. My most used subscription by far.

Youtube Premium user here. I watch a lot of youtube (who doesn’t?) and paying to get rid of the ads is so worth it. My most used subscription by far.

I am willing to pay, but not at the current rate. '$10 is about the rate I would be willing to pay.

But I also want them to start paying the smaller channels better too. It is amazing to me that there hasn't been a YT creator revolt from the small to midsize channels.