The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

which really is fair enough... also, and maybe I'm being overly blunt here, but there's a bloody reason the stupid public beta test comes with a giant disclaimer and legal crap you have to accept before driving it. and as they kept repeating for months and months (not so much anymore it seems) to always expect FSD to do the absolute worst thing at the worst time.
i honestly feel, if you want this super early beta blablabla program and you actively apply to be included, then hit a bunch of buttons "yes i understand" and then complain about it later, sorry, that's you the user being the asshole.

it still boggles my mind that the way this whole program is being done (public beta testing) somehow seems to be legal at all, but for the individuals complaining, honestly, that's on them. morons. really seems like a replacement religion for many of those people, especially looking at those crazies who put their kids in front of their cars. ffs.
The point of a beta test is to point out flaws in the system, Musk seems to just want bootlickers in the test.

Tesla FSD is junk and it has no place in consumer owned vehicles or on public roads. It's literally killing people - none of whom signed up to be dummies for Tesla software trials. This is some dystopian shit I'd expect out of a B-movie plot - giant corporation run by a Bond-esque villain testing products on am unsuspecting population without their consent or knowledge.

This is some dystopian shit I'd expect out of a B-movie plot - giant corporation run by a Bond-esque villain testing products on am unsuspecting population without their consent or knowledge.
nicely put - that is exactly what i meant with I can't believe the entire program is legal at all. sure, those morons who beg to be included and click away all those legal disclaimers, screw them. but what about the rest of the people on the road? how has no regulatory body stepped in? i was already sort of asking myself this question when they were changing safety related functionality via OTA updates - at that point mostly still for the better, but still, do those updates get the go-ahead from any regulatory body beforehand? I think not... "the car" has approval, but small pieces of software? also: if they were strict about that kind of thing, we'd never see OTA updates of safety related features ever again, too much bureaucracy. so i'll admit there has to be some middle ground - but just throwing shit out there to see how many people crash certainly ain't it.

at this point, i feel like what we're seeing really has come way too close to satire... hell, jeff b (different bond villain, but why only have one, right?) even looks exactly like dr evil including the penis shaped spaceship!

Tesla demands removal of video of cars hitting child-size mannequins​

The move comes amid heightened sensitivity to criticism of the software that is under public and regulatory scrutiny

SAN FRANCISCO — Tesla is demanding an advocacy group take down videos of its vehicles striking child-size mannequins, alleging the footage is defamatory and misrepresents its most advanced driver-assistance software.

The truth is a positive defense against libel, if Musk thought he had a strong case he would have filed for an injunction or sued.

I know we have some Tesla owners on the forum, but I keep hearing all this stuff about Tesla owners being pissed off at Tesla - when will they learn to stop buying them? I remember an article about a Tesla owner who was jerked around for literally years with nearly $100,000 tied up in an undrivable car. The owner was quoted several times in the article about how horrible the experience was, but when asked if he would buy another one he said "Oh yeah, absolutely. They're great cars."

Dude, you haven't even driven yours it's so bad, but you'd drop another $100,000 on another lawn ornament?!

"The answer may surprise you"

Not anyone who thought getting rid of LIDAR, in favor of only exclusively using cameras, was a bad idea.
Not only LiDAR, they even got rid of radar. I feel lucky I have that at least. Insanely daft. Haven’t read up on it for ages, but at the beginning that degraded the entire system quite a bit… instead of, you know, the promised improvement or whatever.

Not only LiDAR, they even got rid of radar. I feel lucky I have that at least. Insanely daft. Haven’t read up on it for ages, but at the beginning that degraded the entire system quite a bit… instead of, you know, the promised improvement or whatever.
Newsflash, your radar will be (or has already been) disabled with the 2022.24.6 update that's rolling out right now. Check the release notes, the "Tesla Vision" note is under 2022.20, it was in one of the skipped 2022.20.x versions and is now deployed to EU cars with .24. Fwiw, it's been working fine for me the last couple days - no phantom braking or any other degradation to report, except the AP speed limit drop from 150 to 140. In traffic, it seems smoother than before.

Weeell that was only a matter of time… I’m a bit behind with updates because I cba using my phone hotspot atm, so nothing for me yet. Tbh phantom braking never really was an issue for me, anyway, so I never got the complaints. Good to see that at least waited this long to get rid of the radar. That’s what I meant with not having followed the thing for a while, I was still stuck at the early assumption of „vision only“ being slightly shit in comparison. Good to hear I probably won’t even notice, then 😜

Newsflash, your radar will be (or has already been) disabled with the 2022.24.6 update that's rolling out right now. Check the release notes, the "Tesla Vision" note is under 2022.20, it was in one of the skipped 2022.20.x versions and is now deployed to EU cars with .24. Fwiw, it's been working fine for me the last couple days - no phantom braking or any other degradation to report, except the AP speed limit drop from 150 to 140. In traffic, it seems smoother than before.
Well... update on that... my car has strange hiccups with updates at the moment. After that post above, I had a few update notifications:
- first, 2022.20.something hotfix. ok.
- after that, two solid weeks of "a game update is available", which i did not bother with the hotspot for.
- yesterday: 2022.28.x, alright alright time to get out the hotspot. some 5 GB of traffic later, the progress bar sits at 100%, still shows the green "downloading" marker, and shows 0 B/s speeds. fair enough, that's the usual once the download is finished and the car is sorting through data or whatever.
- then, however, another 45 min drive with active hotspot and the car constantly stuck on those 0B/s still downloading status.
- this morning, come back, activate hotspot to resume download, check status after 15 min only to see: car downloading 2022.24.8. and at 50%.
- after the full 45 min drive: back to 100%, 0 B/s and doing nothing.

what the shit is going on, honestly? did they recall the 28 update while my car was already downloading it? why isn't it finishing any of the updates currently? is it refusing to update unless it's finished offloading whatever kind of data it is sending/receiving in addition to the update itself (explaining the massive amounts of data it's consuming)? I dunno... will have 100mbit temporary connection at our house from 7.10., so the car will at least spend some time in a regular wifi environment and can do whatever the hell it pleases. I think running purely off a phone hotspot somehow seems to hit some limits at some point :dunno:

Sept 14th:

Tesla gets the headlines for these reasons

- most valuable automotive brand in terms of market cap & share price

- Elon Musk is entertaining and very insightful

- price points is only affordable to the top 1%

If the infrastructure for EVs is as widespread as petrol stations & if I can afford it I'd get one.

But in my perspective the next step is petrol/electric hybrids.

But in my perspective the next step is petrol/electric hybrids.

As part of the solution, likely, but they aren't really being pushed because since carbon emissions are the main target, once you go beyond the EV-only range, they tend to get worse fuel efficiency than a "normal" ICE car, due to having to lug around all of the extra weight, plus the cost of the 2nd power system tends to make them not cost competitive unless the battery is super tiny. In a BEV, every penny, inch and ounce spent on a fossile fuel engine is taken away from potential EV, "emission free" range.

As part of the solution, likely, but they aren't really being pushed because since carbon emissions are the main target, once you go beyond the EV-only range, they tend to get worse fuel efficiency than a "normal" ICE car, due to having to lug around all of the extra weight, plus the cost of the 2nd power system tends to make them not cost competitive unless the battery is super tiny. In a BEV, every penny, inch and ounce spent on a fossile fuel engine is taken away from potential EV, "emission free" range.
I look at this from a perspective of end user experience.

Depending on where you live's infrastructure to support or tax incentives either go hybrid or EV.

Like in the Philippines the charging stations are less than the number of fingers I have on either hand. So if you go out of town it is scary unless you planned out your trip.

With hybrids this mitigate the scare of running out of juice when the nearest fast charging station is >10km away.

If people want want reduce the carbon foot print then ride sharing makes more sense.

You share the vehicle with other people so utilization goes up in terms of carbon footprint in relation to the manufacturing of that specific VIN #.

Of course it isnt that convenient.

Sorry for interrupting the regular posting schedule, but I feel someone has to intervene at some point.

@evoWALO: You are on a rambling spree across a high number of threads these past few days, and a significant part of what you write borders on or even is off-topic to the thread at hand - like in this case.
This thread is about Tesla's shenanigans specifically, so the umptenth debate on the principles of electric cars and infrastructure is not of interest.
Please stay on topic, and be coherent (this is an issue in other threads).

To be honest I have the feeling that for some reason you feel the need to say your piece about EVERYTHING, and you have rediscovered FG after several years of absence to do so. Of course you're welcome to use this forum for serious discussion as well as light-hearted fun, but with your recent posts you come across like a headcase spewing nonsense on the market square.
This is disturbing and worrisome.