Last TV show you saw?

My reason for a 7 (I had originally put an 8) is not because of those 2 issues (I just found them funny), rather because:

There is no bad consequences to his memory issues or any of his actions really.

He mistakenly remember the eyes of a killer, but the error had no consequences, the guy is still a bad guy and can be killed without any moral dilemma.

Blow Up the side of a mountain to escape, burying a cop with you? No problema, revive her, you are still an all American hero till the end.

Well that's the thing I liked here, he's not really potrayed as a spotless hero (even said cop mentions that despite shaving her it was him who got her in the landslide in the first place and hates him for that), and he's still very much a wanted man till the end because he killed so many people along the way (think of all the poor Talos guys that were just doing their job). Tony the agent just gets his motivation and lets him go away from the island.

Also his episodes sometimes do have consequences like saying things to his family while accidentally talking to the radio, thus leading the cops closer to him.

However, what I considered a major plot hole was how the hell does get anyone past the security checks in a military building with an explosive belt.. Are there no checks in place?

Paper Girls

Stranger Things, but instead of a parallel dimension hell, it's time travel.

I know nothing of the comics, so maybe it doesn't actually get much more expansive, but I feel like the world they built must be big enough for the first season to have gotten "bigger". They spent much much more time on character development and it's only 8 episodes, so I was left wanting more...but less about excitement for a new season, but more like, "Th...that's it?"

I just finished the third season of The Orville. And it was brilliant. This show started out as an affectionate parody of Star Trek, particularly TNG, with much of the humour being... well, targeted at people much younger than me. By the second season, they already shifted away from relying too much on toilet humour. Come season three, a change to Hulu and apparently a much larger budget and free reign to tackle serious storylines, McFarlane and crew utterly delivered. While the ethic analogies are at times very unsubtle, the season is, simply put, brillant. If it weren't for Strange New Worlds, I'd say that nothing Star Trek did in the past decade, perhaps since DS9, comes even close to it. The whole setup (the world at large, the ship, and down to the characters that make up the crew) is quite blatantly a copy of TNG, but it's become more of a continuation.
This is a definite recommendation.

And now for something completely different: Vigil. A British murder-mystery thriller about a murder investigation on the titular HMS Vigil, a British submarine. Good stuff, only six episodes. Requires some understanding of Scottish, though, but thankfully that's limited to a few side characters.
And keep in mind this show was written, shot and aired before the events of 2022. Now, it makes a different impression than what was probably intended...

Finally, yesterday I started to binge watch Better Call Saul (2015).

Had to force me a little through the first 2 episodes, and granted, I read a recap before I watch every episode which allows me to jump-click over walzed-out scenes to speed things up a little*. - I'm currently at the end of season 1 and I'm totally hooked. Good show. Yeah!

Sure, I'm not up to date with the movie- and TV series world, but staying behind and waiting helps me to only watch the really good stuff and not waisting time with mediocre crap, or with stuff that starts good only to get stale.

* I did this with Breaking Bad too, as I couldn't stand all the filler scenes with the wife and the sister-in-law. :LOL:

^ Finished. - Took me a month to go through all 6 seasons. - It had its ups and downs, but mostly it was awesome!

• The Chuck McGill lawyer brother story started to get on my nerves soon enough, hence I was cheering inside a bit when he offed himself.
  • I very liked the Howard Hamlin character. A tic smarmy, but just a great guy. - Poor fellow.
  • Mike is one cool grandpa. Was a joy to watch his scenes.
  • Lalo Salamanca, a total asshole, but a cunning villain.
  • I loved the B/W parts.
  • Didn't really get why Saul took the 68 years in prison instead of the plea bargain with just 7 years behind bars. For love? To show to Kim that he could change? Whatever, a nice final ending.

Today 20 years ago the first episode of Firefly aired (or rather intended second, but aired first) so I'll binge through the whole series plus the movie in the next few days. :)

Today 20 years ago the first episode of Firefly aired (or rather intended second, but aired first) so I'll binge through the whole series plus the movie in the next few days. :)
Hm, that sounds like an idea. Well, I am on sickleave... :unsure:

Goddammit, the 6th episode of The Rehearsal...so fucked up. 😅

Okay, I got Disney for a month so I watched Obi-Wan Kenobi and The Book Of Bobba Fett. From the things I heard from the critics, I didn't think I could watch more than a few episodes. Well, they were wrong.

Both shows are worth a watch if you are a Star Wars fan, I will even go out on a limb and call them good.

I am also waiting for Android to finish being uploaded to watch.

I like Star Wars and I do admit Disney is trying to expand too much. But I haven't seen any Star Wars movie or show yet I thought to be terrible.
Even the animated series (which I only started watching after my kids started watching them and I liked what I saw), they add real nice background stories.
However with The Book of Bobba Fett, though being nice to watch I did sometimes get the feeling the main reason they made the show was just because they could.
Currently really looking forward to the Ahsoka show, Ahsoka is a really interesting character with a really nice storyline.
Ok, they sometimes do mess with timelines and canon, but in the end to me it just is good entertainment.

Currently I'm also watching the Lord of The Rings show on Amazon. I really like the Lord of The Rings franchise both books and movies (although I don't like what they did with The Hobbit movies). So many people hated it even before seeing as much as a trailer.
And again I genuinely like it, it does help I started watching it without any expectations and I don't care about whether it is true to the books and lore. I just find it nice to watch.

I really don't get the "a show or movie should be entirely true to the books", a tv-show or movie should be good entertainment. Reading a good book or watching a good tv-show can and will never be the same thing, so why try to compare them?

The Terminal List, a series about a Navy SEAL veteran bringing down - as in, kill - the people who sent his team on a mission designed as a deadly trap.

Good action, but the story is average at best. And the amount of glorification of violence and military action is just too much. Yeah I get it, the protagonist is a man who has been trained in military special ops for 20 years or so, of course he will see "kill 'em all" as the go-to solution because that's what he does for a living (and the antagonists are such colossal over-the-top assholes that the audience doesn't pity them). The show even acknowledges that at one point - but without being critical about this approach. I have a harder time accepting this in a decidely gritty and "realistic" setting than, say, in a superhero world which is escapism anyway.

5/10.

Only 4 of the episodes are posted.

The Boys - finished the first season today.

Very good show. I like the cynical take at the superhero genre.
If you're into animated shows, Invincible (on Amazon...not sure where else it may be) is a lot like it in a lot of ways.