The "Things that annoy me" thread

Update on my neighbour: he's been suspiciously quiete for the last 2 days, maybee he's sick.....he could be dead! Hallelujah he could be dead!

Update on my neighbour: he's been suspiciously quiete for the last 2 days, maybee he's sick.....he could be dead! Hallelujah he could be dead!
Weekend trip.

My battery tester needs a battery to test batteries, but its display seems to have gone wonky and now I can’t tell if the testing battery is low if I test it with another battery purely for testing purposes; never mind the batteries that I actually want to test. It’s leaving me testy, this.

Corona, how long has it been with us? Over 2 years? And people are still believing all the stupid shit on facebook.

Lord knows I'm no scientist, but even I know that 90% of the bullshit you read on facebook is unscientific nonsense......I mean how stupid are these people?

Being laid up with a nasty cold is annoying. I currently have the attention span of a squirrel and the concentration of a goldfish.

Shaving. I hate facial hair, and I’m a male, so it’s a lifelong battle I know. Doesn’t mean I like it.

Maybe I get some HRT drugs to stop facial hair.

Being laid up with a nasty cold is annoying. I currently have the attention span of a squirrel and the concentration of a goldfish.
Welcome to my world! You get used to it!

German fuel stations.

Why do they have different types of fuel depending if you’re closer or farther from the store/cashier? I hate getting to a crowded station, then realizing all I have is more expensive fuel and not the cheapest e10.

Also, why have e10 95 AND e5 95? Pick one for fucks sake.

Why do they have different types of fuel depending if you’re closer or farther from the store/cashier?
Please elaborate. Do you mean that for example one pump has Diesel/E5/E10 while a different pump has E5/E10/Super Plus with discrete nozzles? If so then it's just the way the pipes are laid out from the underground tanks. Often when the fuel station is older it has been built when less types of fuel were available so they have just two or three tanks per pump. Now that there are more than three different types of fuel they have to choose which type of fuel they offer on which pump. I know that in many (if not all?) fuel stations in the US you get one nozzle per pump and you can choose which type of fuel you want, right?

Because not every car/engine/fuel system can handle E10 since Ethanol is more aggressive towards fuel lines and so on than gasoline. According to an FAQ on the Mazda website MX-5 NA and NB shouldn't be fueled with E10.

Bonus tip: in Germany fuel prices usually are lowest on Tuesdays in the evening between about 18:00h and 21:00h. Of course the prices vary throughout the day as well, but even in the least expensive hours of the other days it's still more expensive than on Tuesdays in the evening.

Please elaborate. Do you mean that for example one pump has Diesel/E5/E10 while a different pump has E5/E10/Super Plus with discrete nozzles? If so then it's just the way the pipes are laid out from the underground tanks. Often when the fuel station is older it has been built when less types of fuel were available so they have just two or three tanks per pump. Now that there are more than three different types of fuel they have to choose which type of fuel they offer on which pump. I know that in many (if not all?) fuel stations in the US you get one nozzle per pump and you can choose which type of fuel you want, right?

Because not every car/engine/fuel system can handle E10 since Ethanol is more aggressive towards fuel lines and so on than gasoline. According to an FAQ on the Mazda website MX-5 NA and NB shouldn't be fueled with E10.

Bonus tip: in Germany fuel prices usually are lowest on Tuesdays in the evening between about 18:00h and 21:00h. Of course the prices vary throughout the day as well, but even in the least expensive hours of the other days it's still more expensive than on Tuesdays in the evening.

I’m saying the pump row that’s closer to the street will have diesel and 98 only or diesel and 95 e5. E10 seems to be only at pumps close to the store. But not always! Sometimes you get e10 95 only one pump close to the road.

Why this even matter is my experience the pumps close to the store are occupied, so I just choose whatever’s next.

Yeah, as I wrote the nozzles are indivually plumbed to the tanks, and when the fuel station has been built originally there were fewer types of fuel available so it was enough to have two nozzles per pump. Why E10 seems to be only at pumps close to the store I have no idea, I have never paid attention to that.

German fuel stations.

Why do they have different types of fuel depending if you’re closer or farther from the store/cashier? I hate getting to a crowded station, then realizing all I have is more expensive fuel and not the cheapest e10.

On top of what @Eye-Q said, there are no mixing dispensers like in the US. The different types really are different tanks with different pipes.
Protip: Look for the signage near the top of each isle, it should tell you what types are where.

That's interesting, our nozzles are indivudually plumbed but we always had a higher selection of fuels. Before unleaded it would be 2-Star, 4-Star and Diseasel. 2-Star was cheap weasel piss for cars like my old Land Rover with less compression than flight socks.

Then it became 4-Star leaded, Unleaded and Diseasel. Lead-Replacement took over from 4-Star and now it's E10 95/E5 98/Diseasel on every station at pretty much every forecourt.

That's interesting, our nozzles are indivudually plumbed but we always had a higher selection of fuels. Before unleaded it would be 2-Star, 4-Star and Diseasel. 2-Star was cheap weasel piss for cars like my old Land Rover with less compression than flight socks.

Then it became 4-Star leaded, Unleaded and Diseasel. Lead-Replacement took over from 4-Star and now it's E10 95/E5 98/Diseasel on every station at pretty much every forecourt.
Typically nowadays it's 95E5, 95E10, 98ormoreE5, diesel, and often unicorn-flavoured diesel... and I rarely see five-hose dispensers, so you won't get every flavour at every position. For example, a four-position Shell might have 95E10, 95E5, diesel at every position but both unicorn-flavoured vpower variants only get two positions each, clearly marked as such.

High-flow diesel, LPG, CNG, hydrogen, weewee, etc. are usually separate dispensers if available.

what is this insanity, you ICE people have more than one fuel? isn't that confusing as hell having to remember and figure it out? :hammer:
weirdly enough, I actually have not seen that argument made in favour of EVs yet. just goes to show how used to five different fuels we've all gotten... up to the point that we get confused when one's missing ;-)

what is this insanity, you ICE people have more than one fuel? isn't that confusing as hell having to remember and figure it out? :hammer:
weirdly enough, I actually have not seen that argument made in favour of EVs yet. just goes to show how used to five different fuels we've all gotten... up to the point that we get confused when one's missing ;-)

Let me know when there’s a sub-€10,000 electric car that has a range of 500km, thanks.

Furthermore, yes, I have heard people complain about how this charger isn’t fast or this number of kilowatts.

Well, at least in terms of different dispensers EVs have gasoline cars beat with anything from 2kW to 350kW, AC and DC, single-phase two-phase three-phase, renewable ("premium") and regular... and that's without considering different plugs, those seem mostly solved in Europe.
If you also include the different ways to operate a dispenser you're probably literally into hundreds of combinations.

Call when you have one universal payment system, I'm hearing great things about those newfangled "credit cards".