Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

It sounds like something Troma would have put out. Except it's based on a true story, though probably loosely.

Yeah, a classic. Although the "Christmas theme" is hardly present there.
The film is set at a Christmas party. How much more Christmas does it get?

It sounds like something Troma would have put out. Except it's based on a true story, though probably loosely.
The title definitely would fit troma nicely, but then have you looked at the cast and director? that seems more... serious? :D

Just finished Batman Arkham Asylum for the first time. I heard a lot of good reviews about it back in the day, but just never got to play it. Bought the Batman Arkham Collection on Steam for $6, so I played Arkham Asylum. The graphics is pretty dated, but overall it runs well on the Steam Deck (before the Steam OS 3.3.2 update). Some of the forced stealth sections sucked, but overall I had fun. It's worth a play.

fcjf22.bmp

(Possible spoiler)

Russia 1985-1999: TraumaZone review – ingenious, essential viewing from Adam Curtis​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI_KpeTgrvo

I am not exceedingly dissimilar to the majority. Price and programming rules my choice of services. I do share accounts for some things, but I do drop services when I am not using them.

Thoughts?
We pay for 3 services. That's my limit. No matter how much I want to watch shows on Disney or Apple, I won't budge. I can find plenty to watch on the other three.

However, I never had cable growing up. And for a good chunk of that time, I only ever got 2 of the 4 big networks due to reception issues. It wasn't until I started paying for Netflix that I ever paid for "TV", so I had a long history of "settling" with whatever was available at the time and I don't feel like I have to spend $100 to have enough enjoyable content.

We pay for 3 services. That's my limit. No matter how much I want to watch shows on Disney or Apple, I won't budge. I can find plenty to watch on the other three.

However, I never had cable growing up. And for a good chunk of that time, I only ever got 2 of the 4 big networks due to reception issues. It wasn't until I started paying for Netflix that I ever paid for "TV", so I had a long history of "settling" with whatever was available at the time and I don't feel like I have to spend $100 to have enough enjoyable content.

My Dad was into wireless communications and was not afraid to build his own antenns. As a result we had the biggest TV antenna in the neighborhood, maybe the county. With a twist of the rotor we could get all 3/4 of the major networks (I remember when Fox became a major network), several PBS, the CBC, and some minor stations. We only had cable so my Mom would stop complaining about not knowing where to point the antenna, and the cable company used to give us almost all the stations we could get with the antenna. We only had HBO for a short time when I was a kid. My Dad got annoyed that they repeated the same movies all the time.

As an adult, I didn't get cable TV until I was in my mid 20s. I never had any movie channels until I got a HDTV in my late 30s, and that was sporadic. When streaming became a thing, I tried out the Netflix that I had to run through a PC, or my Xbox 360. I didn't keep it very long at that time. It's only been in the last 4 or 5 years that I have kept streaming services around constantly.

I currently pay for 3 services, but I just dropped HBO, and I think that I am going to wait awhile until I get it back. I will occasionally throw in another for a short period so I can watch something, but it tends to be a deal for a month or few. I recently did that with Disney for a month($2). There isn't that much on there to keep me engaged for much longer anyway.

I share one of my accounts and I use one.

I was just reminded of the movie, The Beach. After seeing the trailer, I went to go see the movie just because of one song used in the trailer, so i could find out who it was in the credits. Got through the whole movie...and they never used the song.

I never find it very confidence inspiring to see a professional use a gmail address... same goes with german craftspeople using free web.de/gmx or other mail addresses and printing them on their vans. I'm even almost certain that "professional use" may be excluded in the terms or whatever. may even technically be an illegal move according to GDPR (because they're storing personal customer data without having the appropriate data processing contract in place with their FREE E-MAIL HOSTING HERE DING DING DING thing.

Clarkson wrote some angry fantasy about Megan Markle. What is with your island and this family?