Valve Steam Deck Portable Gaming PC

Nice! I've been playing so much more Fall Guys and Rocket League since I got the Steam Deck.

Okay, I've had this for a few days now and I do like it, but, and it is a big but, it is not comfortable for me to use for more than 90ish minutes. If I play GTA V, it is about an hour. After that, I am done for several hours.

This is a me problem and I knew this might happen from the start. I am the guy that really liked the original Xbox Duke controller. I have suffered since it got cancelled.

I already planned on getting the Dbrand Killswitch cover so I could have bigger grips, but they still have it listed only able to reserve. No other cover looks nearly as good.

So I might sell the Steamdeck and possibly build a new PC.

Okay, I've had this for a few days now and I do like it, but, and it is a big but, it is not comfortable for me to use for more than 90ish minutes. If I play GTA V, it is about an hour. After that, I am done for several hours.

This is a me problem and I knew this might happen from the start. I am the guy that really liked the original Xbox Duke controller. I have suffered since it got cancelled.

I already planned on getting the Dbrand Killswitch cover so I could have bigger grips, but they still have it listed only able to reserve. No other cover looks nearly as good.

Do you have any other controllers that you could connect to it in the meantime via Bluetooth or dongle to hold you over until the cover is available?

Do you have any other controllers that you could connect to it in the meantime via Bluetooth or dongle to hold you over until the cover is available?

I do, but that puts the already small screen farther away, and I would need to prop the deck up.

Sucks to hear that the Steam Deck doesn't feel comfortable to you. I've been playing it for about 30-60 min sessions around the house and it's been comfortable, but I also probably have smaller hands than you as the standard Xbox 360 controller feels like the right size to me. If you (or a friend) have a 3D printer, maybe try some of these cases.

And an update on the Killswitch cover.

I don't want a skin with the cover. I want the cover and the travel cover.

And another update:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AIMSHyiHeV0

This doesn't seem to harm anything, beyond the momentary slowing of the fan/s. But it is better to error on the side of caution, and good on Dbrand for doing so. This also delays the cover until next year...

It's good that they are fixing the design. Does that mean the early Dream Decks have metal fans? That might be a good thing in terms of durability.

So I got a SanDisk Extreme 512gb Micro SD card for my Windows partition. I tried cloning my old mSD card with Win10 on it, but it nearly bricked my new card. So I started over and reinstalled everything on it. Forza Horizon 5 stutters less with the new card (with is rated at 190MB/s read and 130MB/s write and also rated A2 for higher IOPS), but we'll see if it can take the abuse of the write cycles when running on Windows.

Win a steamdeck here.

Maybe this is a DBrand Killswitch alternative.

Maybe this is a DBrand Killswitch alternative.

Except jsaux has changed their data protection policy after being caught selling it to third parties.

It's just a plastic case right? I don't imagine it can collect any data?

The case doesn't, but jsaux does.
Then it's just name and email? A lot of companies do that. If you pay with credit card they probably can't share any of that if they are following PCI rules.

Then it's just name and email? A lot of companies do that. If you pay with credit card they probably can't share any of that if they are following PCI rules.

But they assured customers that they didn't do that to begin with, and then changed policy after they got caught. Not a company I want to buy from.

Oh, that's a shitty thing to do if they assured customers they won't do it then did it behind their back.

Steam OS 3.4 is released, but it seems to be breaking non-Steam games and Windows dual boot. Since I use both I will be sticking with Steam OS 3.3.2 for a while.

The Deck is a year old, time for a sale.

By the way, I still have mine.

The Asus Ally looks interesting. If they really price it at $700 for the 512gb Z1 Extreme APU model, that's very competitive to the Steam Deck since its 3x the GPU performance.