The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

For what it's worth, rumor has it that this was one of the earliest Model S which didn't come with any autonomous driving features.

Also, from the article:
"It's unclear whether the crash occurred because the driver was intoxicated and whether the Tesla Model S was operating on self-driving mode, a highway patrol officer told the AP."

It was 4am Saturday, so DUI is entirely possible, even maybe likely.

When I was a kid, my sister had a blue Chevelle. We went to the mall and when we came out, there was an identical car next to it. It was so identical that my sister stuck the key in the door and it opened. The ignition key didn't work though. As she was figuring this out, the owner of the car came out and wanted an explanation. My sister was embarrassed, I was laughing, and the actual owner was a bit annoyed but forgiving.

Thought you supposed to set a pin number to start the car.

Thought you supposed to set a pin number to start the car.
You don’t have to, lots of people also use ’password’ as their password. Teslas aren’t exclusively bought by tech-savvy people now.

There was a story on the Smith and Sniff podcast about someone driving off in someone else’s Mini with their key, I can’t find it now though.

It was a very common thing for a while with GM, they only had about a dozen key patterns, so you had a really good chance of opening or starting a car you didn't own.

It was a very common thing for a while with GM, they only had about a dozen key patterns, so you had a really good chance of opening or starting a car you didn't own.
Same thing with Ford Europe in the 90's, you could close all of em, unlock some, but never start em as I was told.

GM just used two keysets, one for the doors, another for the ignition - the chance of you having the same combination of the two was pretty slim, but having one wasn't uncommon.

Whistlindiesel doesn't like Tesla

ARKInvest always been bullish on Tesla:

Screenshot 2023-03-27 120858.jpg