Ringmeet 2023 - Viktoria-Station or bust! August 10th - 14th 2023

I am out by default for this year because even without Ringmeet I am double-occupied that weekend with occasions in Helsinki and Northern Germany that I both would have to attend if it were at all possible.

At the 2:42 point this already gets idiotic since they are basically putting common sense ("don't put on large scale banners in a flooding area") as goverment overreach nonsense. This is idiotic content at best, trolling at worst.

EDIT: WAIT, their Truck actually has a dixie flag on the roof? Clearly, not politically questionable individuals, just wanting to help...

EDIT2: The constant clanking of empty beer bottles in the audio is also a true sign of class.

Last edited:
I'm a bit more worried about the lack of progress at VS than I am whatever trolling these guys are doing in their video. I hope they'll at least let tents back there soon, but yeah.

It's still early in the year, though, so we'll see.

Assuming that despite the thread title, we take the same campsite as last time, I've booked a room at the Holzschnitzer again in case I'm coming by bike and don't want to camp. It's a double room from Thursday to Sunday, and I'd like to have someone to share the cost. :)

@thomas: If Ringmeet turns out to be at another location, please tell us so until the end of June, so I can still cancel.

Not Ringmeet-specific, but figured this would be the best place to ask our Ring vets - I'll be in Koblenz for a few days (June 23-25) as the wife and I tour through Germany, so I have the opportunity to visit the Ring while I'm in the area. Any tips for a tourist visit? Was considering the Ringtaxi as taking the rental shitbox on the Ring seems like a bad idea, but man is it expensive.

Not Ringmeet-specific, but figured this would be the best place to ask our Ring vets
Well, you could have opened a new thread. It won't break the forums. :D And you might get some tips regarding the rest of your visit if you tell us about your itenary. ;)

I'll be in Koblenz for a few days (June 23-25) as the wife and I tour through Germany, so I have the opportunity to visit the Ring while I'm in the area. Any tips for a tourist visit?
Koblenz itself has some sights to offer, especially if you are interested in military history as it has been a major military town for centuries because of its strategic position at the point where the river Moselle meets the river Rhine (Deutsches Eck). Ehrenbreitstein Fortress overlooking that point is basically a must-see for any tourist in town. Unfortunately, the Bundeswehr museum (WTS) is closed until further notice. But there is the railway museum, too.
As Koblenz is located bang in the middle of the middle Rhine valley, there are lots of castles around. Take your pick. :D

Was considering the Ringtaxi as taking the rental shitbox on the Ring seems like a bad idea, but man is it expensive.
Do not under any circumstances take your normal rental car onto the Ring. Chances are the rental company will know (by way of Ring photographers) and will fine you in a hefty way as doing a lap is against the terms and conditions.
If you want to do some Ring laps yourself, go for a specialized (and expensive) Ring rental. If you just want a passenger lap, ask nicely around here. @loose_unit lives just half an hour from the Ring, others (including me) are close enough for a day trip to make sense.

Not Ringmeet-specific, but figured this would be the best place to ask our Ring vets - I'll be in Koblenz for a few days (June 23-25) as the wife and I tour through Germany, so I have the opportunity to visit the Ring while I'm in the area. Any tips for a tourist visit? Was considering the Ringtaxi as taking the rental shitbox on the Ring seems like a bad idea, but man is it expensive.

I’ve only rented vehicles, though my experience isn’t the best. I’d avoid renting vehicles from Apex. Rent4Ring is good. I think Apex‘s taxis are good.

Depending on how things go. I may be up for doing a lap with you guys are there.

@loose_unit would know the area although, Koblenz is a bit south of his area.

Are you planning a day trip or something more?

We've decided to postpone until next year. The move into our new house slipped from our original plan of late February, which has disrupted everything downstream. Plus drama with the old house in Houston. Next year we'll be able to stay a lot longer which better justifies the expense and hassle of shipping the car over, plus it works out better for @ninjacoco as well, since I'm hoping to smuggle the Lancer across in our container.

We've decided to postpone until next year. The move into our new house slipped from our original plan of late February, which has disrupted everything downstream. Plus drama with the old house in Houston. Next year we'll be able to stay a lot longer which better justifies the expense and hassle of shipping the car over, plus it works out better for @ninjacoco as well, since I'm hoping to smuggle the Lancer across in our container.
Bummer to hear about house woes, but understandable.

And yeah, coco still needs a job. :(

(Bonus points if you're near the 'Ring! Imagine what you could send home with Nugget if the Lancer is only a one-way trip, hahahaha.)

On a positive note, the Balkan roadtrip 2.0 is in the plans for next year (once again).. :mrgreen:

I really should send the Lancer over an Alp or two...and I still need fondue!!! SWITZERLAND, WE'VE STILL GOT UNFINISHED BUSINESS.

Cevapi and fondue, though? Ooooooh.

I drove by VS last weekend while trying to find a pathway to some lookout point over there. The property still looks the same. So I’d wager nothing‘s changed about the land zoning, unless someone here knows otherwise.

On a positive note, the Balkan roadtrip 2.0 is in the plans for next year (once again).. :mrgreen:

Yeah, one of the more compelling reasons for the delay is that next year we won't be so stretched for time and can make a much longer trip (or possibly even two trips) while the car is over there.

Seeing as how VS is no different from last year, maybe we find something else, and perhaps closer to the ring? I know it's not ideal, but hearing about last years experience, maybe it's best to change.

I sent an email a few minutes ago and will update if I hear something. I'm getting worried with how far into the year we are without full confirmation.

Last edited:
Got a call back from the campsite mentioned above.

IMG_2809.jpeg

And just confirmed with Viktoria Station through the instagram page if we can do something and:

IMG_2808.jpeg

Hey everyone! Please confirm your attendance for Ringmeet and the days you will be there to/from plus car/hotel etc as per normal years!

We are need numbers to so we can get the pricing for the above camping mentioned above by @93Flareside .

I will start
Thu-Mon, car, camping.

Friday-Sunday for me, car, "camping"

Friday-Sunday

3 people

Car, maybe?

Thu-mon, Car, camping