The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

t70mi45znw0b1.jpg

umPy8cK.jpeg

1684564193022.png

Tesla not happy that Handelsblatt got 100Gb of their data. Behind a paywall:

Tesla not happy that Handelsblatt got 100Gb of their data. Behind a paywall:
https://jalopnik.com/whistleblower-drops-100-gigabytes-of-tesla-secrets-to-g-1850476542 there's an english translation excerpt here.

what irks me a little: how is anyone surprised that the main objective when handling these incidents for the employees is to cover teslas ass? every single car maker would do that! if they didn't, they'd possibly doing their shareholders a disservice for crying out loud. of course they're trying to cover the company as much as possible ffs. nothing about this is surprising to me in any way.
this is like HR - it's their job to protect the company from the employees, not the other way round! how naive can people be? oof.

https://jalopnik.com/whistleblower-drops-100-gigabytes-of-tesla-secrets-to-g-1850476542 there's an english translation excerpt here.

what irks me a little: how is anyone surprised that the main objective when handling these incidents for the employees is to cover teslas ass? every single car maker would do that! if they didn't, they'd possibly doing their shareholders a disservice for crying out loud. of course they're trying to cover the company as much as possible ffs. nothing about this is surprising to me in any way.
this is like HR - it's their job to protect the company from the employees, not the other way round! how naive can people be? oof.

I think that unintended acceleration is one of those things that is supposed to be reported to NHTSA. So if they have actively kept information from them, that could be problematic.

I think that unintended acceleration is one of those things that is supposed to be reported to NHTSA. So if they have actively kept information from them, that could be problematic.
oh the whole thing is problematic for sure, just not surprising :D

also: I feel like "unintended acceleration" is a super badly chosen term. because people seem to be using it in cases where it isn't applicable - when they stomped the accelerator instead of the brake for example. sure, unintended, but the car did exactly what the driver asked of it - so not what the term is supposed to describe... i feel like 90% of the time there's a report of an incident like this, it's just the driver being too dumb to drive and throwing this shit around. at least as bad as "autopilot".

Arguably the best part of Tesla is their charging network. So this is big news...

TLDR: Ford EVs in 2024 will come with an adaptor for Tesla chargers, and then in 205, will come with the Tesla port as it's built-in charge port.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsNiupN1X7s

Last edited:
TLDR: Ford EVs in 2024 will come with an adaptor for Tesla chargers, and then in 205, will come with the Tesla port as it's built-in charge port.
Honestly this sounds like such a terrible idea… Tesla started it in a good way intruding their stations with built in adapters for CCS, now ford goes and cement the stupid fragmentation in the NA market even further! Boy do I feel lucky we’re way past this bullshit over here…

Honestly this sounds like such a terrible idea… Tesla started it in a good way intruding their stations with built in adapters for CCS, now ford goes and cement the stupid fragmentation in the NA market even further! Boy do I feel lucky we’re way past this bullshit over here…

Well, FWIW, only some specific types of the Tesla chargers are getting retrofitted with the adaptors. ..so that's still sort of a stopgap measure. Kinda like the external digital TV tuner boxes to help existing TV still work and use the new infrastructure without having to buy a new TV.

Well, FWIW, only some specific types of the Tesla chargers are getting retrofitted with the adaptors. ..so that's still sort of a stopgap measure. Kinda like the external digital TV tuner boxes to help existing TV still work and use the new infrastructure without having to buy a new TV.
They could’ve retrofitted them to all their chargers, I’m sure 🤷‍♂️ or maybe only v3, but those should be the majority by far by now. now there’s one less manufacturers demand to do so… but yeah, it all takes time and they only very recently started fitting the „magic docks“ (wtf is that name?).

Even here in the EU, where all superchargers run CCS plugs anyway (so it’s just flipping a switch in their software backend), they haven’t opened all stations to non-tesla customers, yet.

Also on fords end, what a shit customer experience that will be… some models can use this, others can only use that. And they’ll end up selling both side by side for quite a while. Enjoy explaining that crap!

The January 2022 report, part of 100 GB of files leaked by a whistleblower to the German outlet Handelsblatt and shared with Wired, indicate that preproduction Cybertruck prototypes are far behind schedule, with serious powertrain, braking, suspension, structural, and sealing issues plaguing the Cybertruck. Let's dive in to the reported issues.

Tesla Model S Plaid press car fatal accident
huh, who'd've thought that you can kill yourself with a 1000+hp car :eek:

weird thing about this: while I don't doubt this report, tesla seem to have begun production and have scheduled a delivery event for fall or something...

huh, who'd've thought that you can kill yourself with a 1000+hp car :eek:

weird thing about this: while I don't doubt this report, tesla seem to have begun production and have scheduled a delivery event for fall or something...
Call me when it actually happens.

Call me when it actually happens.
oh I'm sure something will happen... I was aiming at them maybe trying to push out a few not-really-done vehicles and just hoping they'd have the remaining issues figured out by then or some bullshit like that :| then again, some of those outlined in the report do sound way too serious for that.

I just put every promise from Elon or his companies in the "bullshit" file until proven otherwise - it saves time.

Pledge to obey Chinese Government?

What's behind China's failed 'truce' in EV price war?​

The signing was witnessed by an official from China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.

The letter included a pledge to "not disturb fair competition in the market with abnormal pricing" to stabilise the market and promote consumption. That was widely seen as a truce in the price war.