GTI's are here

S5-GT

Here at Heuberger Motors in Colorado Springs, we got our first two MK5 GTI's yesterday. One red and and one white. I must say, they are a gorgeous car in person and I cannot wait to take on out. Price tag on both was just over $24K and I must tell you, its a bargain.

aren't they a bit higher up (as in ground clearance) in the states to conform with bumper heights? don't they look weird that way? i've just seen them in germany, but i can't imagine them with more clearance...

Yes, it does have a very 4x4 look to it, nothing some coilovers can't change. Also, they are using the multispoke MK 5 GLI wheels instead of the standard GTI wheels seen in all the photos. I'll will snap some pics tomorrow if they havent been sold already.

S5-GT said:
Yes, it does have a very 4x4 look to it, nothing some coilovers can't change. Also, they are using the multispoke MK 5 GLI wheels instead of the standard GTI wheels seen in all the photos. I'll will snap some pics tomorrow if they havent been sold already.
Please do.

So why do the American spec cars have to be different? That is soo weird.

cuz their bumper is not high enough, in case they crash into a teenage girl in a suv

Well from what I remember yesterday, the two we had still had the suspension blocks on so I'd imagine they'll settle down a bit, as they do look higher than the ones in the pics

S5-GT said:

Please do.

Yeah! please take some pics, I have been waiting patiently for this day to come. I'm going to my dealer repeatidly over the next few weeks to keep up on this.

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
So why do the American spec cars have to be different? That is soo weird.

Cause we're gay.....really really gay.

$24k US? Man, that's a bargain compared to Australia: they're $40k AUD here (about $30k). Still, better than the UK - something like 20k GBP IIRC.

Yes, it's sitting higher than the euro-spec GTI but I don't think it's that bad.

024.jpg

More Pics on VW-Vortex:
http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/article_1622.shtml

@S5-GT:
Please post your "live-pics" too!

Lurch0001 said:
$24k US? Man, that's a bargain compared to Australia: they're $40k AUD here (about $30k). Still, better than the UK - something like 20k GBP IIRC.
It is a bargain... As always, this German built car is way cheaper in the US than it is here.

It's a gorgeous car, and seems to be good in all departments. I'll take one in red with the DSG please...

This could very well be my next car after the lease runs out on my RSX... unless of course, more money comes my way!

I hope we get the EU version!!!! is the American version build in Mexico?

I believe all the GTIs are made in Germany.

OK, so no pics today as I ran out of the house this morning. I noticed our white one sits lower than the red one and our grey one. The red one is on the showroom now so I can get some good pics for reference. My friend PDI'ed one and said the steering is light, power is very balanced and the ride is just right. :thumbsup:

Dins said:
cuz their bumper is not high enough, in case they crash into a teenage girl in a suv

Youre wrong. Its so in case it crashes into a soccer mommy who's driving a Ford Expedition and yammering on a cell phone while cutting across three lanes of traffic to get to the shopping mall exit.

jayhawk said:
Dins said:

Youre wrong. Its so in case it crashes into a soccer mommy who's driving a Ford Expedition and yammering on a cell phone while cutting across three lanes of traffic to get to the shopping mall exit.

Well what about the teenage celebrity talkging to her possy in the back while reapplying her makeup and evading the press...

even though soccer mom is more likely

Is VW really that slow with bringing the cars across the pond. I believe the GTI arrived at the local VW dealer a couple of months ago, and I can't really believe the market is bigger for hot hatches in Norway compared to the US. The price here is about $60K USD before insurance. We pay more in taxes when we buy a car than we pay for the car itself. I sure wouldn't start by shipping them into this country if I ran VW :?

hatchback market is terribly small in america, especially higher-cost ones. that's why you see more jettas then golfs here.