The "New Toys" Thread

AxlxA said:
everyone is spending so much... it kind of makes me want to spend and buy so i can post new toys here.

My next objective is a D70 within the next 5 years depending on when I get into medical school. Also I'm buying computer parts left and right because i want to upgrade all my house computers.

Planning on 2 19" LCDs (cheap stuff for my siblings), possibly upgrade my brother's 1.4athlon to something better along with a new vid card, and also buy more stocks!
You should be able to get a D70 really cheap now, prices are dropping so much now. One reason this is, is well the D200 is out now.

And thats like way over the ?1000 mark mate.

Well, not really a toy, but is mdkdk posts her new battery, I'm gonna post the Senseo Pad delivery from the Netherlands I just received ;-) I also ordered for a friends, so it not THAT much...
http://img59.imageshack.**/img59/3516/dsc001522im.jpg

Buba

We do. But we don't have some of the special blends. And I couldn't find a shop in Germay that could deliver within the week at a price of under 2 Euro per bag (which is about half what the recommended price for them is...) including shipment...
The guy I bought those from sells them via Ebay, and I was able to Paypal the money, so its fast, and in case he fucks me over, I get my money back ;-)

Noo... I stopped doing chronic 3 years ago... I'm too afraid they are running drug tests on the students in the clinic... ;-)

It with Vanilla, different fruits, and one is even with Vodka. But that one tastes like shit, I just tried it...

Buba

If a cop arrests you, I'd say you are pretty much in big trouble, regardless if he can search through your bag/pockets etc or not. :)

my newest "toy":

rekitjblle10.jpg

new foam edges for my speakers. Got the speakers from my grandparents, they sound great but the foam was ruined.
Imported these from the USA, the edges were almost cheaper then the shipping ($ 30 for the edges, $25 for shipping).

Now lets hope customs doesnt come after me, i heard people had to pay an additional 25% to customs...

Holy shit, must be quite expensive/exclusive speakers to spend that kind of money on them if they are that old?

CyberMonkey said:
Holy shit, must be quite expensive/exclusive speakers to spend that kind of money on them if they are that old?
i got them for free, so $ 55 isnt much for a pair of 80 watt speakers that are "like new" this way.
And they do sound good.

i dont remember how much my grandparents paid for it back then...
But they feel like good quality speakers and sound like it too ;)

Don't worry, customs won't come after you for an item of this small value. ;)

Btw, it's even more than 25%, there are 2 things you need to pay, can't remember what they were called, but its some pretty nasty import tariff alltogether you guys have here in the Netherlands.

Specs are always appreciated :bangin: :bangin: :bangin:

Heres my new toy: IBM Thinkpad T41, sorry for the poor pic but its from my phone.

http://img90.imageshack.**/img90/5518/dsc000863lj.jpg

Sorry I forget the details before of my new toy

Acer travelMate 4100
Intel Pentium M processor 1.50 Ghz
598 Mhz, 504 Mb Ram
50 Gb hard disk
Widescreen 15.7"
Dvd-RW