TG mag ripping off international subscribers

Top Gear NZ?

Top Gear New Zealand?

Seems strange they would have a special mag for NZ but not Australia....with out much larger population. :?

I know! Do you guys get topgear on tv?

You can get a subscription of the kiwi one - being in aussie its cheaper than most places

I get the uk version but with no bonuses.... I wonder if they separate the product when it's shipped in UK or here in Portugal...

DAMNIT!!! I WANT A STIG T-SHIRT!!!!!

Hey Janus, why not try to contact the publishers? I doubt it will make them start sending goodies to the international subscribers, but they might at least give a reason for why the international versions are cut-down.

This whole thing just makes me really glad that the issue I picked up last time I went through the UK just happened to be the one with the fridge magnets! :)

chaos386 said:
Hey Janus, why not try to contact the publishers? I doubt it will make them start sending goodies to the international subscribers, but they might at least give a reason for why the international versions are cut-down.

maybe they aren't sending us them because they don't know we want them...worth a shot ya know?

They may be cutting it down because of shipping costs as they probably have to shipped over from the UK. Imagine the cost for 100,000 normal Top Gear magazines :shock:

Perhaps someone from the UK would know of a service similar to http://www.myus.com/ but for the UK. If that doesnt work, you could try a virtual office in the UK with mail forwarding service. Not sure how much that would cost.

That would let you have the UK-mag with all its bonuses.

are there any other regional Top Gear Mags?

Here in Holland we get a translated version (for 5,99 euros I believe). The translation in itself is OK, but what really bugs me about it is that the Dutch editors take out some articles and replace them with others :thumbsdown: , plus they stick in a lot of stuff from themselves :x (3 extra columns, a highway restaurant test, stuff like that) and they stick in FASHION SHOOTINGS. I swear, WTF is a two page shooting of men's underwear doing in a car mag?? :? :thumbsdown: Also for some reason I really don't like to see TG mag in the shelves at the local supermarket or being advertised like some cheap ladies' mag, but that may just be me.

TG gave their permission for a Dutch version, BTW. James May was even present at the launch party. are there any other translated (and/or butchered) versions of TG mag out there?

The kiwi version has some regional articles along with the Clarkson and May ones... some reviews are done in NZ, some are from the TG UK version... I quite enjoyed it, but ive never seen the UK version so I dont have much to compare it too.

i am in australia, is it worth getting the top gear mag? what are the inside differences to the internatial and UK. because i know people that are getting both and they do not say anything...

Janus said:
What has been removed is a number of ads (which I don't care about) and the extra part "Top Gear 2" or something like that which, as previously mentioned, is a list of all the cars on sale from manufactors with all the prices, specs and which one they would choose for each model.

Whilst not a hugely important part of the magazine I still really like that part. You can see all the cars on market, with prices, and give you a quick run down of which ones are good.

The main part I hate is not getting any of the extra stuff that you get with the UK version....especially considering the HUGE mark up on the price.