I fear that this website is going to go downhill....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Too many German mods might bring a little too much order. :lol:

Some of the mods seem to come in less these last months. Some I've never seen.

my vote goes to:
- Bone (very active, opinion maker and Led Zeppelin fan)
- Ze Germans: Swek & Buba (consensus types, low inflation, strong Bundesbank)
- Why not a girl? mgkdk (makes nice marshmellows for during the Mod meetings)
- Pdanev (a real agenda setter type)

Anyways, I think most people with up to 1500 posts would be up to the job. They have to have a good judgement and know the feel of the forum.
I would suggest not chosing someone who's under 20 (sorry SL ;-))

jensked said:
I would suggest not chosing someone who's under 20 (sorry SL ;-))
Yeah, maturity is a HUGE requirement in my book.

UKD: no, only admins can unless I mod the forums which is a uber PITA.

I'v checked the memberlist for a while now and the top posters I would like to nominate are:

bone - I know he's a regular poster, shares my common thoughts of trying to get FG on topic rather than classic "FG OT" as its called these days

Andy - Not as regular as he once was but he lives in Melbourne which is good regarding the timezone issue. Well known, reputation and seems like a stable bet.

Me - *blows own trumpet* - You want regular? I'm 100% certain that I have posted more than any other member in this forum between now and a couple months ago. Since October 6, I have made 1488 posts. Its not like its spam/requests or useless dribble that brings the quality of the forum down. I'v also done sooo much mod-keeping since I can't officially "mod" as such.
Age came up before. Well I turned 16 today. How old was Ren when he was crowned Nazi? Modship would be an awesome friggin' bday gift! Maturity? Read my post on the first page of this thread. Beats the OT that went on not long after hahaha lol.

btw IRC guys rock :mrgreen:

SL65 said:
Andy - Not as regular as he once was but he lives in Melbourne which is good regarding the timezone issue. Well known, reputation and seems like a stable bet.

don't worry SL... I'll be back, just got back to melb on saturday so I'll be on the forum alot more

Thanks Viper. :)

And yes I recently posted quite a few topics in the Tech/Ent. area cause I noticed quite a few people here are more than just car/auto fans, so why shouldnt the other areas of the site grow as well? The Photography section is a good example.

Sure the site will change, every place does. One site I mod, recently lost alot of its regulars, but a few months later, were doing better than before, and with alot less drama. Quality of posts, is nothing you can *fix*, only try and improve.

I've been coming to finalgear (and previously gear.viper007bond.com) for a long time, but never joined the forums, till some time back. Have been on the IRC chan for a good long time as well.

Lately putting some effort into the TG/FG & Other Guide Page as well.

EDIT: I'm 21yrs old too :mrgreen:

bihus
UKD
andy
swek
pdanev
mgkdk
jensked
oliB
fbc

^those get a vote by me

bone said:
bihus
UKD
andy
swek
pdanev
mgkdk
jensked
oliB
fbc

^those get a vote by me

They all get my vote too (though of course I can't vote for myself :blush:), plus a vote for bone

bone said:
bihus
UKD
andy
swek
pdanev
mgkdk
jensked
oliB
fbc

^those get a vote by me
Very flattering, thanks! ;)
Unfortunately I'm not available, as I don't have enough time to be a mod. I'm spending way too much time here as it is, spending even more time is not an option.

swek, Buba, UKD, andy, mgkdk........ and bihus.....

Having mods from different timezones is a good idea, and mature ones too....

I 2nd all the votes thus far. I'm probably not regular enough to get a vote personally :)

Well what do we currently have in the way of time zones? I think most of us are North American. It seems we don't have much in the way of people to moderate the forums overnight (Eastern US Time). TechZ should be able to help mind that gap greatly, but we definitely need active Australian / Asian moderators (IIRC we don't currently have any really active ones from that side of the world) to cover the time between West Coast US (Viper) and Bahrain (TechZ).

hmm, I'm not really sure who to vote for, because I like all the regulars (except you ren! :p jk) but if accross the pacific times need to be covered, then I guess I vote for Andy ... that should fill the gap.

Surely we need a mod in the far west of our timing system, but what we really need is a calm and independant mod for the Political discussion forum or at least a mod at looks in there occasionally.
An European mod would be good as well. I would suggest:
bihus
swek
pdanev
mgkdk
jensked
oliB
buba

Hmm, I don't care who we get, as long as we get some more mods to control the zoo. :thumbup:

^ You're in the wrong timezone :comfort:

Status
Not open for further replies.