Which sports coup?? AMV8, 911 S or M6?

Which sports coup?? AMV8, 911 S or M6?

• Total voters
Janus said:
Everyone always critisises the Vantage saying "it's not as good as the DB9, I'd much rather have that", but you have to consider that it is like half the price.

These three cars are all around the same price bracket, which makes them even.

I mean it is like saying you wouldn't want a DB9 because you would much rather have an SLR. You could pick up a couple of DB9's for the price of the SLR, plus they are entirely different classes of car in my mind, one being a sports car the other a supercar.

Oh no, I didnt mean that between the M6, 911, and Vantage I'd rather have a DB9. I meant that if I picked the Vantage, I would always wonder how it compared to the DB9, and I would wonder that everyday. I would think about it so much, that I would never have time to enjoy the car.

It's like you're dating a girl, and all you can think about is her hotter, older sister.

Yes, but the Vantage may be all you can afford, so you could never get a DB9, so you will never find out what it is like. So why waste your time and money on the car when you will just want the next one up.

To continue your metaphor, you may sit and lust after the older sister, but in the end she is to hot for you and you will never ever have her, so are you going to break up with the girl and ruin what you have because you will see the sister and be reminded of what you are missing.

Although really they are different things. The DB9 and the Vantage are really different cars. I've driven both and they each have a distinct feeling to them. I will be very happy with my Vantage because I know that it is what I want, a small, nimble, powerful car that still has a great image and sense of style. The DB9 is larger and more of a gentleman's car.

It is kind of hard to explain these kind of things, because they may just exist in my head. :lol:

Janus said:
Yes, but the Vantage may be all you can afford, so you could never get a DB9, so you will never find out what it is like. So why waste your time and money on the car when you will just want the next one up.

To continue your metaphor, you may sit and lust after the older sister, but in the end she is to hot for you and you will never ever have her, so are you going to break up with the girl and ruin what you have because you will see the sister and be reminded of what you are missing.

Although really they are different things. The DB9 and the Vantage are really different cars. I've driven both and they each have a distinct feeling to them. I will be very happy with my Vantage because I know that it is what I want, a small, nimble, powerful car that still has a great image and sense of style. The DB9 is larger and more of a gentleman's car.

It is kind of hard to explain these kind of things, because they may just exist in my head. :lol:

Haha, well to be honest, your opinion is a lot better than mine. Simply because you have had the experience of both (God im jealous), and are able to formulate a cotent opinion. I see your point, if you can't afford the DB9, or if you have a two noses and can't get the sister, then yes you should stick to what is available.

If money were no option, and I had my pick of the whole Aston line, I'd still pick the DB9 for the exact reason you said. It's gentlemanly.

Lastly...... I'm still jealous. When can you expect delivery for the car?

No Boss said:
your opinion is a lot better than mine. Simply because you have had the experience of both (God im jealous), and are able to formulate a cotent opinion.

you don't have a high opinion about yourself :lol:

and i agree with janus, but maybe for some other reasons

i don't understand why everyone wants the best, the most powerful, the fastest, the most beautiful, ....

i just want a car i can enjoy, and most of the time (if not all the time) that's NOT a top of the range car

No Boss said:
When can you expect delivery for the car?

I have put delivery off til the end of the year as we have changed from the manual to the semi-auto gear box.

I just like them better and think it will be more comfortable and better suited to the kind of driving I do. Ie. alot of normal boring driving from point A to point B, then blasts around the hills on the weekends.

Trust me I will post many a picture as soon as I get it! :D

M6.

Power in a large car seems like nothing so it will always suprise you :lol:

M6, dunno too tired to think of a reason now.. so umm

Because it has back seats?? :lol:

never driven any of the cars but i would choose the aston, no doubt

i never liked bmw, just not my thing
i would really want a 911s but the aston just has more...

and about the AMV8 or the DB9, i compare it to Range rover and range rover sport, i like them both but even if I win the lottery I would buy the sport...

I've already voted M6, but i'd like to introduce another contender. The New Jaguar XK. Now that is my pick of the bunch. Gorgeous, and both the Times and Edmunds (they are the only 2 reviews i have read so far) are calling it the best Jag since the E-Type. A massive statement. Specifically i'd want the XKR, but y'know, it's not out yet...

im very split about these three cars.
the Aston is beautiful inside and out and sounds sweet at any speed and i here that it handles well.
the M6 looks intense, but the rear is terrible. however, that V10 pretty much cancels out any other criticisms. it is the most powerful, but its performance is similar to the AMV8. handling wise, it might be a little bit better than the AMV8.
the 911 Carrera S is the best sports car out of these 3, but they are seriously too common and may not be a comfortable enough daily driver compared to the other two.

my verdict would be the AMV8.

flyingfridge said:
I've already voted M6, but i'd like to introduce another contender. The New Jaguar XK. Now that is my pick of the bunch. Gorgeous, and both the Times and Edmunds (they are the only 2 reviews i have read so far) are calling it the best Jag since the E-Type. A massive statement. Specifically i'd want the XKR, but y'know, it's not out yet...

I'm with you on that one. The new XK is just plain sexy, though I'd wait for the XKR as well. I'm a hopeless supercharger addict. The reviews are very positive as well, which keeps up my hopes that Ford won't sell Jaguar.

Id pick the 911 S, the Aston just abit pirssey and EVO mags one broke down after 6 days. The M6 is great but to ugly and its got all the computer crap unlke the 911 which doesnt have any of the crap, its imple but highly effective and Porsche have had over 40 years to get the 911 right.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
I'm with you on that one. The new XK is just plain sexy, though I'd wait for the XKR as well. I'm a hopeless supercharger addict. The reviews are very positive as well, which keeps up my hopes that Ford won't sell Jaguar.
Ford won't sell Jaguar... The reason is that Ford has most of it's R&D in Jaguar, things that will appear on future Fords are seen in Jaguars and Aston Martins first. Don't be suprized when you see a new Ford with a VH-Chassis. Because it goes a lot of money into R&D in a relatively small volume manufacuer, it's very difficult to make green numbers on the budget...

The Aston, no doubt about it. M6 is too ugly, 911 is just another 911 (if you catch what I say). And the baby Aston has the best noise ever imo...

No Boss said:
and are able to formulate a cotent opinion.

you don't have a high opinion about yourself :lol:

Shush! it was late. And I was drunk. :lol: :lol:

Janus said:
Trust me I will post many a picture as soon as I get it! :D

You damn well ass better, Haha. I'm going to the Philadelphia Auto Show next weekend and am making a bee-line straight to the Aston section (albeit small). I'd love to hear more about it when you get, you must be doing well for yourself, mind if I ask you what you do?... or has that been answered is earlier posts?

bartboy9891 said:
it is the most powerful, but its performance is similar to the AMV8

I hope this is not based just on an episode of top gear, because performance-wise these cars are in different classes. maybe not on some soaking wet b-road on the isle of man, but i am pretty about anywhere else

it says something when the least powerful car of the group is also the fastest

this has already been done once, by moi.