The "New Toys" Thread

Nice ! I bought a Saturn last year and it's mainly collecting dust but I just had to have it. There's always the possibility that you're in the mood for a round of Virtua Fighter 2 or Sega Rally.

How I loved Sega Rally... Those were the days...

@-=SLR=-: If you wanted Image quality, you should have bought a k750/w800 since it had better image quality in all the tests I read. Still, the video quality is waaaayyyyy better on the N90, and the Display kicks every ass there is...

8)

I looked at the k750/w800 but it came down to the fact of how easy it is to use it.. ive always used nokia so it was just that tiny bit better for me.

Olympus_Ferrari.jpg

It's small gift on Christmas for myself :)
Mini-review here: http://mel.cc/Olympus_Ferrari.htm

Last edited:
New toys for me?

Google @ 421(right now i'm losing $ already)
UNH
MRH
CD (Losing a lot of money)
AMTD (just got my $6 dividend!)

Next to buy:
INTC!

lol sorry but that's where ALL my money has been going lately. no new gadgets yet

After my three week absence...a blown power supply, fried graphics card and a faulty surge protector, I am back in full force with new toys! :thumbsup:

http://img376.imageshack.**/img376/5524/dsc022382xv.jpg

Thankfully insurance covered the new power supply, graphics card and battery backup :thumbsup:

^^^ very nice. I think you'll be happy with that card. What did you have before?

And sometimes it pays to have insurance :thumbup:

jeffy: Yeah, I'm very much happy with this card. I used to have a BFG FX5950 Ultra...that of course was aging. I am more of a nVidia guy than ATi, but considering there is pretty much no 6800 Ultras left for retail sale...or any high end AGP that I could find, it was the best choice. I usually go by Tom's Hardware for good VGA charts, and the x850 XT is pretty much top for the AGP group. Can finally open up the taps on BF2, F.E.A.R., AOE III, HL:2, DOOM III, on and on with such beautiful looks and smoothness! :thumbsup:

And yeah, it is good to have insurance for my situation, here on base there has been almost a dozen power outages since we moved here. And every time the power zaps back on, the system got a surge of power and it fried the PSU and the card.

SL65: I like Combat Flight so far..the ground textures are a bit sub-par, the game is more bent on making all the planes look good rather then other things. It is pretty real and fun, you get a huge map of europe, in which you pick your starting area, and hit a marker on the grid to attack, recon ect. Medals and stats come along with, and can also choose between a fighter pilot career or bomber...just have to watch yourself with all the flak with either one :p

s3r4x said:
03_6270_lowres.jpg

just got this... :p

Nice Nokia. My new mobile phone is:

nokia_6101.jpg

The best my pocket could buy

Silverstar said:
And yeah, it is good to have insurance for my situation, here on base there has been almost a dozen power outages since we moved here. And every time the power zaps back on, the system got a surge of power and it fried the PSU and the card.

Get yourself a Surge protector, everything in my room is run off them, so if there is a surge, they'll blow up and not my computer :)

Cosworth said:
Silverstar said:

Get yourself a Surge protector, everything in my room is run off them, so if there is a surge, they'll blow up and not my computer :)

He had one:

Silverstar said:
After my three week absence...a blown power supply, fried graphics card and a faulty surge protector, I am back in full force with new toys! :thumbsup:

It seems that they aren't always as invincible as we think they are...

jeffy777 said:
Cosworth said:
Silverstar said:

He had one:

Silverstar said:

Yeah, I have lost hardware as a result of a bad surge supressor as well. Nowadays I use surge protectors that have attached equipment warranties (mostly APC) so if my stuff gets fried, APC pays for it, instead of me.

I'll hopefully have some new toys by the end of the month, since I start a new job in a little over an hour. :-D

My first notebook!

http://img140.imageshack.**/img140/8792/toshiba8rt.jpg

The best part is I only paid $500USD (which includes tax and an upgrade to 1GB RAM). Yes, I know it's a low-budget notebook but it fits my needs. Here are the specs:

Toshiba L25-S1216
-Intel? Celeron? M Processor 380
(1.60GHz, 1MB L2, 400MHz FSB)
-1GB PC4200 DDR2 533MHz SDRAM
-40GB (5400 RPM); Enhanced IDE (ATA-6) hard disk drive
-CD-RW/DVD-ROM
-15.0? diagonal TFT active-matrix LCD display at 1024x768 native
resolution (XGA)
-ATI RADEON? Xpress 200M 32MB-128MB dynamically allocated
shared graphics memory
-Toshiba V.92 software modem
-Atheros? 802.11b/g wireless-LAN
-10/100 Base-TX Ethernet

It came with only a 4-cell battery so eventually I'll put in an 8-cell to double my battery life.

cvg said:
My first notebook!

That's a great deal for $500 :D

hokiethang said:
I'll hopefully have some new toys by the end of the month, since I start a new job in a little over an hour. :-D

What kind of new toys are we talking about here? ;)

jeffy777 said:
hokiethang said:

hehe :-D Right now I need to replace my iPod (since my old one died and it would make the work day go MUCH faster), and my Powerbook is getting ready to have the warranty expire, so i'll probably replace it too. I'll probably wait at least until the Intel iBook comes out, since I don't really need a macbook pro to surf the internet and check e-mail.

pdanev said:
Wow andy, as jeffy said that's weird. 3.1 on a PII? :?

well I'm not 100% sure... because I wasn't such a tech geek yet, AFAI Remember, it looked like the same CPU when I ran Windows 3.1 and 95...

hokiethang said:
jeffy777 said:
hokiethang said:

hehe :-D Right now I need to replace my iPod (since my old one died and it would make the work day go MUCH faster), and my Powerbook is getting ready to have the warranty expire, so i'll probably replace it too. I'll probably wait at least until the Intel iBook comes out, since I don't really need a macbook pro to surf the internet and check e-mail.

it's out of warrenty and you get a new one? you need warranty to surf the internet?

hokiethang said:
jeffy777 said:
Cosworth said:
Silverstar said:

He had one:

Silverstar said:

Yeah, I have lost hardware as a result of a bad surge supressor as well. Nowadays I use surge protectors that have attached equipment warranties (mostly APC) so if my stuff gets fried, APC pays for it, instead of me.

Is the power that bad that you really need surge supressors in order to keep your computer alive?