Clean knives for automutilators

Micra

Not A Dude
Read this in the paper a few days ago. I don't know if there are people on this forum that cut themselves but I'm not trying to offend or upset them in any way. In fact I strongly disagree with the article because it doesn't do anything to fight the cause of the automutilation problems. But maybe you people think otherwise.

Great-britain

'Clean knives for auto-mutilators'

People who want to mutilate themselves, should be given clean knives for that purpose to prevent their wounds from getting infected. So believes a spokesperson of the british union of nurses (RCN). According to the nurses, clean knives and sterile bandages should be distributed to the patients. On top of that, nurses should advise them on which bodyparts can be "worked over" relatively safely.

If cost is the only factor which needs to be considered, then this is probably the cheapest way. Threathment of infected wounds will cost a lot more than a sterile knife and a bandage.
But I dont think this is the right way, they should send these people to therapy co cure them. Might not be the most cost effective way, but it might solve the problem in the long term.

They should let them figure it out themselves. Cutting is not some horribly debilitating thing like Heroin use, you can hold a job and buy your own fucking knives. Any moron can buy some alcohol and bandaids, this is almost the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

What if I want to practice the ancient art of trepanation (drilling holes in skulls for particular reasons) on unsuspecting neighbors? I don't want to risk an infection, so I demand clean, germ-free drill bits. From the state. :roll:

free heroin, free knives

if they get it for free, i want my weed for free as well :x

P.S. There is no link to the article.

No, there isn't. The bit of text up there IS the article. I translated it directly from my Dutch newspaper. Since it's such a tiny article, I didn't think the online version of the paper would bother giving more info. Either way I didn't look.

EDIT: couldn't find anything either.

BlaRo said:
What if I want to practice the ancient art of trepanation (drilling holes in skulls for particular reasons) on unsuspecting neighbors? I don't want to risk an infection, so I demand clean, germ-free drill bits. From the state. :roll:

Or you could try it on yourself. ;)
In case you want a cheap way of reaching a higher level of consciousness, or if you are just fed up with that headache. HERE you can find an excellent "Self-Trepanation for Dummies" guide. :twisted:

And how can we forget about Lobotomy. Better know as "How to calm a mental patient without the use of drugs, but by poking in his brain with a knitting needle" :twisted:
More info can be found HERE

PS: found the article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2025748,00.html