A few Ferrari 599 GTB pictures

teeb said:
jensked said:
]Anyway, it suddenly stopped looking like a Ferrari, don't you think? It could be a Nissan now.
Great work, teeb, you reduced a 40.000 pound car (just guessing) into a 10.000 pound car in 30 seconds. ;-)

Woot! For my next trick, by removing the Veyron's turbos on photoshop, I shall make it look like a Rover!...perhaps not.

Or perhaps! As promised...

http://img122.imageshack.**/img122/1314/veyrover8du.jpg

Never underestimate a very, very bored person...

You know deep down you'd buy one, with it's top speed of 252mph but being driven by 80 year olds at 25mph...

Anywho, on topic. I like the "only one ring indicators" at the back - I see many more Lotuses than I do Ferraris, and the Lotuses have the two rings...Iuno, it looks fine with just the one. That's just me though.

There's a detuned version of the V12 Enzo engine going in that. It will have around 80 more KW than the 575 does; now that is a lot of oomph.

No Boss said:
What's with the "Pentagram" circle star pattern in the wheels.... Ferrari going Satanic?
:whistle:
http://img479.imageshack.**/img479/68/65335mk.gif

Personally, I think the 599 is a pretty awesome looking car other than the under-sized/awkward-looking brake ducts. It looks like a 612 on 'roids and methampetamine, more sporty, agile, and spry.

^^ Agree entirely.

did the axe murderer who attacked the TVR sagaris take a whack at the 599 too? all those holes and slashes make it look cheap and horrible.

I honestly think this should be taken back to the drawing board and let someone who isn't wearing beer goggles have a go at styling it

Here are some new pics curtosy of RSports Cars.com

ferrari599film_int.jpg

ferrari599film_04.jpg

ferrari599film_06.jpg

ferrari599film_10.jpg

Report and more pics here

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/ferrari_599gtb.asp

Looks far better in that color. God, I feel like licking it, it's like a big cherry or something. :wicked:

fbc said:
Mmmmmm F40 :drool:
x 10,000 :thumbsup:

That frontend is gorgeous when I now look at it. The reartail lights are too gloomy-> :shock: like. I wonder, is that whole door hollow?

Like all Ferraris, it will look 100 times better in real life. So all this discussion about pictures is meaningless because we'll all drool over it when we see it going down the street for the first time. :D

A Corvette Z06 (C6) and a Ferrari 612 got down and dirty and the 599 GTB was born. I dont like it. :thumbsdown:

In that last set of photos, with the F40, I think it actually looks decent... previously I've thought that it was pretty ugly, but now I'm not sure...

Here's some more information about the pictures:

RSportsCars.com has obtained exclusive images of the new Ferrari 599 GTB and a Ferrari F40, taken during filming of a commercial in Valley of Fire State Park, Las Vegas. The filming was done by a helicopter which followed the two cars as they were driven on a narrow two-lane canyon road at fairly high speeds. The Ferrari's commercial for the 599 is scheduled to be shown in Europe in May or June 2006.

Mike Olivella, who photographed the cars, commented: "At the staging area, they spent the entire time polishing and wiping down both cars. The F40 could blow the 599 away, but the F40 driver was careful to make it look like the 599 was every bit as powerful."

"The 599 had a V-12, 620-horsepower engine, but it was not in the same class as the F40," Mike Olivella continued. "Most of the spectators (the few that were there) commented that the car looked more like a Jaguar than a Ferrari, and were more enthralled by the F40 than the 599."

"The drivers were incredible. I drove the road that they filmed the cars on, and it was a very windy, up and down two-lane road. These guys really opened the cars up and to watch them negotiate the turns and the dips was something to see."

Actually, I've just figured out why I like this one much more than the previous photos... it has decent wheels! I hate those star ones... hopefully they don't use them on the production version.