[Winter Olympics Special] February 12, 2006

i doubt that really was the stig in that episode but rather some hotshot snowmobile rider (or whatever they're called). that's the beauty about keeping his identity a secret, the producers can just put whoever they want in that suit and no one will be the wiser! just like when heikki kovalainen was the "stig" when he drove the renault f1 car around the track for a sub-minute lap.

btw..and i love how my screen name was mentioned several times in that episode :p

Yeah, that definetly wasn't Stiggy. Still a cool stunt and an even cooler episode though!

Viper007Bond said:
Yeah, that definetly wasn't Stiggy. Still a cool stunt and an even cooler episode though!

Wasnt there a thread in the General TG forum about them looking for a man who would go off a ski jump in either a car or snow mobile?.... I remember everyone saying there was no way they'd find someone to do it.

why the hell did they use that bobsled/rally car scene again? it's a good scene and all, but its not like top gear to just throw an old one in there

Best. Top Gear. Ever.

This episode perfectly embodies everything I love about the program.

Gee you guys are very kind towards Top Gear. I thought it was a pretty crappy episode TBH. I mean it even included a re-run of some old footage :thumbsdown:

Either way, it was all worth it for that finale with the Mini :D LOL that was awesome though I would have preffered to see it SMASH into something and crumble :mrgreen:

Now we wait for Series 8 :|

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Either way, it was all worth it for that finale with the Mini :D LOL that was awesome though I would have preffered to see it SMASH into something and crumble :mrgreen:
I thought it was funnier with the tiny bump. You expected it slam through the barriers or something, and it just bounces off it like nothing.. I was cracking up at that.

matt_shaw said:
why the hell did they use that bobsled/rally car scene again? it's a good scene and all, but its not like top gear to just throw an old one in there

Top Gear doesn't have an infinite budget, bearing in mind everything was new and fairly expensive to do, I don't blame them for shoving a short repeat clip in. Besides, that clip fits rather well.

That was light-years better than the Veyron episode! :thumbsup:

that was a very enjoyable episode!

Bjorn Clarkson
Benny Hammond
Agnetha May
Anni-Frid Stig

the jag had it's teeth whitened :lol:

Good ep and funny moments BUT... how far are they going to keep pushing this freakin script thing? Seriously the presenters felt like they were reading off the script line by line. No, James cannot shoot. And that race between the Audi and Volvo was a great idea but why did it have to have the perfect climax ending? Urgh. Also, is it me or you can't really see who's actually driving in both cars...? I even suspect it wasn't Clarkson and May racing in the woods. Just have them drive in a straight line to film inside and make them get in/out of the cars... Bah. I love the show but I don't know, it felt so much more natural a few years ago.

Episodes like this one and all of last year's (the 6 episodes) just goes to demonstrate that no matter how good it is... it remains a very scripted TV show.

BTW that jag looks like it has Hyundai lights. Give me an M6 any day of the week :)

uhhuuhhuhu another bangle comment uhhuuh
you sir are A GENIUS! brilliant comedy.

Good ep and funny moments BUT... how far are they going to keep pushing this freakin script thing? Seriously the presenters felt like they were reading off the script line by line. No, James cannot shoot. And that race between the Audi and Volvo was a great idea but why did it have to have the perfect climax ending? Urgh. Also, is it me or you can't really see who's actually driving in both cars...? I even suspect it wasn't Clarkson and May racing in the woods. Just have them drive in a straight line to film inside and make them get in/out of the cars... Bah. I love the show but I don't know, it felt so much more natural a few years ago.

I agree, it did feel very scripted at points. But that's no need to go all paranoid on them :p Unless you know the guys personally, you should give them at least some credit. They could've been practicing for months for all you know.

Also I got the distinct feeling that Jeremy was on something throughout most of the ep. never seen him so hyper before :shock:

Guys, whats the matter with you all? Just appreciate the show for what it is. If its scripted, who cares? Is it really worth analysing every aspect of it and picking out the bad points?

Yeah i was dissapointed to see the bobsled v car race again but when you look back at it, it fits in with the show well. After all, TV world would be a much duller place if Top Gear wasnt around.