Forum Addict
http://img127.imageshack.**/img127/2497/7060214001mini8l5ga.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.**/img127/632/7060214001mini3l2hq.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.**/img127/8149/70602140011l2xx.jpg

Mustang Racing Technologies 2006 Ford Mustang Cherry 6T6
Text & Photos courtesy Mustang Racing Technologies
02-14-2006

Carload of custom accessories
MRT (Mustang Racing) introduced their latest customized 2006 Mustang Convertible at last year's (2005) SEMA Show in Las Vegas. The design team, headed by Scott Hoag, president, has proven themselves once again. The past cars include the MRT SurfChaser, Mach 1 Racer and last years MRT-Interceptor?. This years car is named the "MRT Cherry 6T6" and it boasts a carload of custom accessories from power train, suspension to custom audio/video components.

Engine
Stock V6 (4.0L) with inter-cooled twin-turbos with 7lbs of boost along with a Custom tune by SCT.

Suspension
The suspension is BMR adjustable drag links and panhard bars, along with fully adjustable coil-over springs and shocks by H&R.

Brakes
Stainless Steel Brake Corp (SSBC) introduces the 8-piston (V8) calipers up front with single piston rear with slotted rotors.

Audio
The audio/video system consists of 6 monitors, 2 each in the sunvisors, 2 each in the headrests, one in the head unit in the dash and one in the trunk lid. It plays standard CD?s MP3's and DVD's. Included as an option is the backup camera mounted on the rear license plate bracket.

The amps and speakers are Rockford-Fosgate with over 1000 watts powering 3 subwoofers and 8 speakers. Custom vinyl wrapped fiberglass speaker and amp enclosures really give this system a unique appearance.

Interior
The interior is a new kit by SPARCO with a custom tonneau cover to match. The tow-tone gray and red leather really sets this interior apart from your standard factory offering. Utilizing the stock seats, some extra padding was added and new leather trim to match the exterior. All factory power electronics were also retained.

The light bar by Classic Design Concepts was recovered with matching gray & red trim leather to compliment the interior.

The Woodview Carbon Fiber dash kit sets the standard for a unique appearance. To finish off the interior, a custom black MRT Shift ball was added.

Exterior
The first thing you notice is the custom black cherry paint along a custom grille treatment and aftermarket hood with dual hood scoops. The 20" wheels are by FOOSE designs and tires are Pzero 275/40ZR20 rear with 245/45ZR20 fronts.

The rear has a custom spoiler, tail panel black out treatment and custom taillight accents.

Something about that car is making my migrane worse...probably the "carload of custom accessories" mated to a V-6 mustang...

Why not just stick the turbos on the V8 model?

nr.1: why a convertible? :yucky:
nr.2: why a v6? :yucky:
nr.3: why that grill? :yucky:
nr.4: why so many woofers? :yucky:
nr.5: why so cromey wheels? :yucky:

Dins said:
nr.1: why a convertible? :yucky:
nr.2: why a v6? :yucky:
nr.3: why that grill? :yucky:
nr.4: why so many woofers? :yucky:
nr.5: why so cromey wheels? :yucky:

Hit all the nails on the head at once.

I had an idea of what this thread was going to be about when I saw "Cherry" :p

I still find it hard to believe that there are people with such little taste. I guess I really am young..

I'm beginning to regret checking the forum today - all these hideous tuner jobs :bangin:

ew. theyve wrecked the mustang from the get go

I really do feel like I'm gonna be sick after looking at it (although it may have something to do with that dodgy Cornish Pasty I ate.)

Are the people who built it blind? I think all that crome must have blinded them so they couldn't see what they were doing.

yeah even i have to admit that it looks disgusting :yucky: